Venom Venom Rotten Tomatoes Thread

30%
Average Rating: 4.4/10
Reviews Counted: 83
Fresh: 25
Rotten: 58

Turd in the wind is back down to 28%. Keep those rottens coming.

Can it finish above the magical 30% mark of quality?

30%
Average Rating: 4.4/10
Reviews Counted: 111
Fresh: 33
Rotten: 78

I rate Venom a 4.5/5

And a 90% RT rating from me

I don’t consider the RT rating anymore before watching a movie. I DO FOCUS MORE ON AUDIENCE SCORE.
The critics are the same people who determine Best Picture at the Oscars (snubbing many more deserving films such as Shawshank Redemption, and Alfred Hitchcock, Tom Cruise, etc.) when a lot of the movies being nominated tend to have some sort of hidden sociopath political agenda or are very Art house and for the bourgeoisie aka not for regular people, the masses. Movies with conservative values tend to get poor reviews from critics and better reviews from audiences.

Especially when you account the discrepancy between the audience and critics for movies like

TAKEN
C (Critics): 58% ROTTEN A (Audience): 85% FRESH

The Boondock Saints
C: 20 ROTTEN A: 91 FRESH

Antz C: 94 A: 52

Ghostbusters (2016) C: 74 A: 51

The Last Jedi C: 91% A: 45%

Equilibrium C: 38% A: 81%

Passion of the Christ C: 49% A: 80%

Death Wish (2018) C: 17% A: 74%

Legends of The Fall C: 56% A: 87%

Top Gun C: 54% A: 83%

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
C:49% A:89%

Gone In 60 Seconds C:25% A:77%

Girl Interrupted C: 54% A: 84%

Hook C:28% A:76%

Patch Adams C: 23% A: 73%

Mr. Church C:24% A:79%

John Q C: 23% A: 78%

Vaxxed C:38% A:84%

Bad Boys 2 C:23% A:78%

God’s Not Dead C:14% A:76%

Death of a Nation (2018) C: 0% A: 89%

Last edited:
What do you mean you give the Venom RT score a 90%? The RT score just calculates the percentages of critic reviews that get a fresh rating.

28%
Average Rating: 4.3/10
Reviews Counted: 124
Fresh: 35
Rotten: 89

Here is the audience rating as of now:

89%
liked it
Average Rating: 4.3/5
User Ratings: 7,431

Does the audience score count the votes of people who clicked "interested" or "not interested" before the release?

I don't know honestly. But it just added another like 100 to the audience rating, and it still is at 89%. It's not dropping like a rock.

Lol 7000 votes most of them were just votes on the interested section from a few days ago. Plus the average number of votes for cbms is over 100000. Those are people that voted before even seeing the movie. Nothing to see here.

The only vote that matters is the vote with money aka tickets. That’s probably the single most crucial factor to determine the fate of this aspiring universe.

The only vote that matters is the vote with money aka tickets. That’s probably the single most crucial factor to determine the fate of this aspiring universe.

At the end of the day, this is true.

At the end of the day, this is true.
Yep. That's why we keep getting Transformers movies. Critics may hate them, fanboys may constantly whine about the quality of them, but someone is watching those things...lots of someones! If I draw a picture, and it's crappy, but it continuously sells, I'm going to keep on doing it until the money isn't there. Hollywood is the same way.

Reactions: JOE
89%
liked it

User Ratings: 7,431
Either this is another case of fans in the audience mad at critics before they watch the movie, or this is actually pretty well liked by audience.

Does the audience score count the votes of people who clicked "interested" or "not interested" before the release?
When audience votes go for stars the percentage of people who liked the movie meter starts, before that people click on either on 'Not Interested' or 'Want to See' buttons, and it calculates the percentage of audience who want to see among everyone there who clicked before the film release.

Critics

28%
Reviews Counted: 130
Fresh: 37
Rotten: 93

Audience

89%
liked it

User Ratings: 8,054

I see turd in the wind dropped back down to the 20's. Ideally it should stay in that bracket.

I wonder, is Sony going to come to regret including that turd in the wind scene in the marketing?

That line should just have never been in the movie or trailer :o

Critics

30%
Reviews Counted: 140
Fresh: 42
Rotten: 98

Audience

88%
liked it

User Ratings: 8,337

I literally have nothing to do this Saturday... I'm debating on whether or not I should see it. If my friends want to go as a group I think I'll do it, otherwise I don't know if it's worth seeing by myself. I would feel like a turd in the wind.

This is a fascinating score motion this movie is having right now.

Critics

31%
Average Rating: 4.5/10
Reviews Counted: 150
Fresh: 46
Rotten: 104

AUDIENCE SCORE
88%
liked it

User Ratings: 8,869

Critics

31%
Reviews Counted: 154
Fresh: 48
Rotten: 106

Audience

88%
liked it

User Ratings: 9,064

This is a fascinating score motion this movie is having right now.

Critics

31%
Reviews Counted: 150
Fresh: 46
Rotten: 104

AUDIENCE SCORE
88%
liked it

User Ratings: 8,869

I said in my review I think the GA will like this. I went with my family, who know nothing of Venom, and they it was one of the best CBMs recently. I thought less of it than that, but I still really enjoyed watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"