WandaVision WandaVision: season 1 Episode 9: “Series Finale” (Spoilers)

Saw this last night. The cut scene they talked about involved Senor Scratchy turning into a demon/monster. He said they shot it but no effects are done of course, which made either Kevin or Mark say they want a Shakman Cut of the series lol. Kevin also said its probably for the best the scene got cut, because fanboys would think that demon was Mephisto like they thought everybody else was Mephisto :funny:

Here's Wanda reading to her boys Tommy and Billy about another rabbit.

Saw this last night. The cut scene they talked about involved Senor Scratchy turning into a demon/monster. He said they shot it but no effects are done of course, which made either Kevin or Mark say they want a Shakman Cut of the series lol. Kevin also said its probably for the best the scene got cut, because fanboys would think that demon was Mephisto like they thought everybody else was Mephisto :funny:

Release the Shakman Cut! :o But in all seriousness, Kevin is right.

Agatha still has her abilities, but Wanda put the mind whammy on her so she is unaware of them. She's a smart old crone, so I am thinking she will wriggle out of it on her own eventually like Odin did with Loki's mind whomp.

Given Hahn's emergence as the show's breakout star, I can actually see Agatha taking on a more benevolent role à la her comic counterpart in subsequent appearances. And with the finale already hinting that Wanda could have use for her at some point, that may very well have been the plan from the get-go.

Woulda been nice to see that sidekicks scene but ultimately it doesn't change anything substantial story-wise. Might be a hot take, but I was glad the Ep was almost entirely focused on Wanda and Vision's story.

Well, I didn't want to say it ,but since RJ has been brought up, I will.

The debate over Wandavision is very TLJ- ish in terms of the same type of arguments fans are using against each other.

The whole " It's your fault that you didn't like it!" and " They teased us, and they suck!" type of arguments remind me very much of TLJ post its first weeks of release.

The dialog is nowhere near as vitriolic , but, it does bring back memories.

Well, I didn't want to say it ,but since RJ has been brought up, I will.

The debate over Wandavision is very TLJ- ish in terms of the same type of arguments fans are using against each other.

The whole " It's your fault that you didn't like it!" and " They teased us, and they suck!" type of arguments remind me very much of TLJ post its first weeks of release.

The dialog is nowhere near as vitriolic , but, it does bring back memories.

folks can be upset. but if weeks go by and these folks are still complaining about fake pietro then it's clear that those folks just want to be heard instead of actually engaging in dialogue.

folks can be upset. but if weeks go by and these folks are still complaining about fake pietro then it's clear that those folks just want to be heard instead of actually engaging in dialogue.

I actually think this thing will come and go , and fandom will turn its attention or ire , to something else soon enough.

I don't see this having the staying power that TLJ or other SW content have had.

I do think the polarized reaction is a bit of a warning to Feige and Marvel that Fandom can turn on you , even after a decade of success and goodwill.

i think these disney+ shows are the asterisk.

i remember reading comics when i was much younger and mentions of other things happening in the universe had an "asterisk" on the comment. i can't find a picture but i remember reading a comic when spiderman made an appearance in the black costume. the other superhero said something like "new duds?". spidey then responded something like "yeah man*". the asterisk was then denoted on the bottom of the panel saying "read secret wars #8".

i feel these disney+ shows are the asterisk. feige said people will not be lost watching only the movies and not watching the disney+ shows. that tells me the disney+ shows will be doing the following:

1. develop existing MCU characters
  2. introduce new ancillary side characters who may get bigger roles later
  3. may have an overall story arc that is mainly in the disney+ shows with some elements bleeding into the movies
let's use wandavision as an example. in the dr. strange movie, there's probably going to be 2-3 mins of exposition where wanda says "i'm the scarlet witch now and i'm looking for my kids." that's the asterisk piece of the movie. if you want to see that...then watch wandavision on disney+.

in captain marvel 2 or secret invasion, fury will say to monica "i see you got some powers like auntie carol". she'll reply "you can thank wanda for that". that's the asterisk. if you want more of that story, go watch wandavision on disney+.

the asterisks will be awesome viewing and make us alot more connected to the characters - which i think is huge and adds to the overall story - but for the really general casual viewing public, they are fine with the movies and won't care about the asterisk.

I disagree. The fandom was so toxic the 9th movie was changed to appease it.

I don't like the idea of the Marvel fandom being so upset about Fietro that the creators would feel the need to change things. That's a slippery slope.

Tbf, that's kinda what they're doing with the Mandarin though. The backlash against that was so strong that they made the All Hail the King one-shot and now we're getting the "real" Mandarin in Shang-Chi.

I actually think this thing will come and go , and fandom will turn its attention or ire , to something else soon enough.

I don't see this having the staying power that TLJ or other SW content have had.

*Cue picture of Shakman with a smug look on his face holding a sign with "Your Pietro theory sucks"*

c6ff23cd7f7fb3fd15ab6407fdf4308390395966.gifv

I have a different view from the both sides of fandom which seem to be polarized over this thing.

At the end of the day, all art is subjective including films, tv , comics, music, etc.

Whether certain people should or shouldn't come to these projects with certain expectations, I dunno. I really don't know the answer to that since at the end of the day, I only really care about what I feel about a given project.

It's gonna be up to the individual , and all that matters is how you feel about a project, regardless of what anyone else feels.

Wandavision no different.

Don't get me wrong, it's interesting to hear other peoples perspectives and why they feel the way they do , but at the end of the day, what you feel about the project is really what matters the most , and you've got to be secure enough to accept that someone else, for whatever reason, just doesn't see it the same way.

At most, it was probably just meant to be a fun little development that allowed for meta-tinged gags like Wanda's reference to Kick-ash.

I'm thinking Schaeffer and Shakman REALLY wanted a Quicksilver in their Scarlet Witch TV show, and having two different actors in the role gave them the opportunity to put a fan favorite version onscreen without breaking MCU continuity. Its too bad some fans had a poor reaction, because I want Marvel Studios to continue to give us more extremely memorable moments like Unky Pete coming to visit and not worry about potential blowback.

I'm thinking Schaeffer and Shakman REALLY wanted a Quicksilver in their Scarlet Witch TV show, and having two different actors in the role gave them the opportunity to put a fan favorite version onscreen without breaking MCU continuity. Its too bad some fans had a poor reaction, because I want Marvel Studios to continue to give us more extremely memorable moments like Unky Pete coming to visit and not worry about potential blowback.

100% agree.

I agree with this 100%. I feel like it's tiresome to go through the morality of every comic book movie (unless morality is a big part of the theme). Some of the "good" guys in these movies cause so much destruction and mayhem and it's not even talked about, let alone defended. There are usually bigger things at play. Like Hawkeye slaughtering people for 5 years. I suppose they could have talked about that, but the bigger issue was getting the stones and bringing everyone back.
The difference is that narratively those are character choices. They didn’t tease out who Ronin was or what Hawkeye was doing that disturbed Rhodey and Widow. Hawkeye says he did terrible things. There is no other way to read his actions.

We all saw the blip and it the effect it had on a those left behind at the beginning of Endgame. The entire world was in a bad place.

WandaVision tried to play both sides of the coin. That it was “all Wanda” and that she didn’t know what was going on and wasn’t controlling everything aka “ Agatha all along”

So narratively it leaves us to decide what was going on.

Does it make sense she accidentally took over the town after all her trauma?Yep.

Does it make sense she never tried to stop it before it all was falling apart? Choices vary.

The morality is grey. It's hard to know how much she knew or had control over. She couldn't tell Fietro how the Hex happened or why. All she knew was that one minute she was crying and the next Vision is there and she's living in her favourite sitcoms. And as the week went on, she realized she had control over her surroundings and could "rewrite" the story as she saw fit. It makes sense that she would react that way. She was completely, utterly alone and for a week, she had a family and friends and a life she always wanted. I don't see villainy in that.

Hawkeye lost his family and slaughtered people for 5 years so.
Hawkeye said what he did was wrong. He was willing to jump to his death to pay amends for it. Widow and Rhodey were both bothered by what he was doing as Ronin.

Wanda walked away like oops doopsy. And all the good characters we got to know over 9 eps were okay with backing up her action as a GiRLS GONE WILD weekend that is something to move on from. The only people who pointed out her actions as dangerous just happened to get punished.

Neither of those situations are the same.

I’m not looking for a morality play with superheroes. I just don’t want the writers to obviously try to push me to the conclusion they want.

Last edited:
Hawkeye actually killed people. Over the course of 5 years. Because of his grief. Rhodey and Nat feeling disturbed by it doesn't really mean shirt because he faced no repercussions for it. Offering to die for what he did was pretty much the least he could do.

Wanda grieved for a week. No one died and she went into exile afterwards. I'm more on her side than Clint's. It's not this nonsensical girls gone wild. She was grieving. I don't believe Wanda creating a Hex that was completely unintentional out of her grief needs to be punished. Not when the Hulk and Clint walk around without issues.

I feel like Wanda acknowledged her "poor" choices by letting the people go (while watching her family disintegrate) and going into exile. That's good enough for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"