Superman Returns We don't like how this movie is looking (merged)

Im sure the film will be great and all but i have problems with it and im just wondering if anyone else has this problem's too.

the cast is good but to me is reaily weierd that the story of the film is superman had return after many year's but he look's like 19-20 was he like 15 last time he was on earth?? louis lane,Jimmy, Luthor they all just seem very young if it is supost to be year's latter.

And isint this supost to be like superman 3, a story after superman 2??( i heard something like that) if it is, i stil lfind it funny that it's year's latter after superman which was in 1980's? and now everything is modern with modern city,modern day cloth's and technology, but the character's all remained young and louis looks younger than louis did in the first 2 movie's, now she look's like 28-29 and louis is superman 1 and 2 look liek in her 30's and also i think is funny that if it dosent have nothing to do with SM1&2 why is it called Superman Return's, yea he return from space but the title sound's like a sequel it shouldve been Superman:man of steel or something

Im only 20yo and i cant get over it cause i mean c,mon how could superman stil lbe young as well as other character's, if it reaily is supost to be after superman 2 and year's later how can he look younger than reeve did in superman 1 and 2 plus in the comcis/cartoon/tv show's/movie's superman alway's a older guy like 30's 40's this new guy could and seem's perfect for superman but only as a superboy or like i na flashback as a young superman liek if this movie was a remake then he could be this young as he just starting out, superman/clark shoudl look,act,be a older and other character's not just him, and also so many villain's and only have lex??? they had lex as a villian in all original movie's now as superman 3 or not they should have new villian i know i nthe other movie's they had villians in the side but lex luthor should be a cameo i nthis movie

If you're 20 years old, why can you not type anything properly? And I'm sure you're not the only one who has these problems, but you're the only one dumb enough to create another new thread about it...

Louie you got TOO MUCH time onyour hands to think up stuff like that... go have a few cold ones and TALK TO A GIRL :) and not buot Superman!!!!

Louie_19_Tx_ said:
Im sure the film will be great and all but i have problems with it and im just wondering if anyone else has this problem's too.

the cast is good but to me is reaily weierd that the story of the film is superman had return after many year's but he look's like 19-20 was he like 15 last time he was on earth?? louis lane,Jimmy, Luthor they all just seem very young if it is supost to be year's latter.

And isint this supost to be like superman 3, a story after superman 2??( i heard something like that) if it is, i stil lfind it funny that it's year's latter after superman which was in 1980's? and now everything is modern with modern city,modern day cloth's and technology, but the character's all remained young and louis looks younger than louis did in the first 2 movie's, now she look's like 28-29 and louis is superman 1 and 2 look liek in her 30's and also i think is funny that if it dosent have nothing to do with SM1&2 why is it called Superman Return's, yea he return from space but the title sound's like a sequel it shouldve been Superman:man of steel or something

Let me see if I can help.

Forget about the first movies from the 70s for a second.
IMAGINE (if you can) that you have NOT seen the original movies.
Imagine now that somebody wrote down on a single page a short description of what happened in S:TM (not Superman II). It would be something like "The planet Krypton exploded just after Jor-El, a wise scientist, sent his only son Kal-El to Earth in a crystal ship. The boy was found and adopted by Martha and Jonathan Kent in Smallville and had superpowers. He found a crystal which "called" to him and that crystal built a crystal FOS in the Arctic where he saw a recording of his father and learned who he was. After years of learning, he left the FOS and went to Metropolis to work at the Daily Planet. He met Lois Lane, fell in love with her and saved her life a couple of times. He also confronted Lex Luthor, almost died by Kryptonite poisoning and finally got Lex behind bars."

This is a very short recap of what happened in S:TM without ANY real details. Once again, imagine you have never seen the movie itself and do not know what the actors CR, GH or MK look like. (MANY of the young viewers of SR will be in the situation of not having seen the original).

So this is what "Superman Returns" is based on. The FOS is still made of crystal, Krypton still exploded, Lex Luthor was in prison, and Superman was in love with Lois Lane.

Superman Returns does not try to stick to continuity with S:TM. This is why in SR it is assumed that Kal-El came to earth in 1978 (as homage to S:TM), he left around 2000 and came back in 2006. If he was 3 years old when he arrived, then he was 25 years old when he left, and he could still look 25 after spending almost 6 years in hybernation in his new crystal ship. As for Lois, you could blame Oil of OLAY ;)

Hope this new perspective will help you understand what Singer, Guy H. Dyas and Co. are trying to present to the audience. If you DID watch S:TM, certain musical and visual aspects will cause a hopefully pleasant nostalgical Deja-Vu, same with hearing things like "Statistically speaking, it is still the safest way to travel"... If you haven't seen the original, the new movie would still work as entity.

Louie_19_Tx_ said:

suspend ur ability to disbelieve. just accept it as a loose sequal to 1 and 2 and forget the inacuracies

Welcome to the Hype. Where if you disagree with the majority, they flame you.

And if you like to nit pick day in and day out then cry "Im no hater" when people retort, here people just snicker at you. Have fun.

Matt said:

cmon man seriously people THINK WAY TOO MUCH, JUST LET IT HAPPEN THE way its supposed too.... same thing you tell a girl when you want some Hint Hint :) hahahaha

Louie_19_Tx_ said:

screw continuity.... i dont want this movie to have anything to do with part 3 and 4:o :down :down :down :down

What you dont want supes to fight nuclear man on manufactured kryptonite? Now that would be a movie LOL

Reading the faq would help. Suspension disbelief would help more. This topic is ancient.

Lightning54SC said:
ok grandpa... GET OVER IT, welcome ot the NEW GENERATION!!!!!

Yeah, this response was warranted. Do some of you get a "high" off of insulting people without provocation or something?

DogofKrypton said:
Yeah, this response was warranted. Do some of you get a "high" off of insulting people without provocation or something?

have a sense of humor jesus

DvilDog said:
What you dont want supes to fight nuclear man on manufactured kryptonite? Now that would be a movie LOL
or satelites that control the earth:o

^^^ hmm could work:) better than my idea. Nuclear Man vs Superman doped up on manufactured k oh yeah get some. THen he can split into 2 people again and kick nuclear mans tail

Nuclear man as a concept was actually very intelligent and pushed by Reeve during a period of instability of fear over the mutually assisted nuclear annhilation of the human race. The metaphor of Luthor using artificial manufactured Kryptonite to create a nuclear powered man - supposedly the savior of the human race is a good allegory to mankind's artificial taming of the atom and nuclear powers that should only belong to the sun...powers that endanger all of us. Using the concept of that movie as some kind of argument against those of us who don't like SR is pointless.

The problem with that movie was cannon films, Golan-Globus, and the greedy Salkinds stealing the film's budget away, mismanaging the film, and lying to Reeve forcing them to cut corners until there was nothing left but a horrible film.

Spare-Flair said:
Nuclear man as a concept was actually very intelligent and pushed by Reeve during a period of instability of fear over the mutually assisted nuclear annhilation of the human race. The metaphor of Luthor using artificial manufactured Kryptonite to create a nuclear powered man - supposedly the savior of the human race is a good allegory to mankind's artificial taming of the atom and nuclear powers that should only belong to the sun...powers that endanger all of us. Using the concept of that movie as some kind of argument against those of us who don't like SR is pointless.

The problem with that movie was cannon films, Golan-Globus, and the greedy Salkinds stealing the film's budget away, mismanaging the film, and lying to Reeve forcing them to cut corners until there was nothing left but a horrible film.

I dont remember this part. I thought it was a piece of supermans hair, and to be honest i like 4 better than 3 and almost better than 2.

Wesyeed said:
wait an see of course, but yes, k-pax will be great as usual.

Oh man, imagine if K-Fed were playing Luthor :eek:

Then again, Hmm...Luthor marries some rich broad to get her money...K-Fed marries rich board to get her money...

Way to go Singer. You turned Luthor into K-Fed...now if only he wore the beater all the time and never shaved to complete the *****e bag look :up:

Lightning54SC said:

Oh, so insulting him is FUNNY to you. See, to most adults, that is annoying and un-called for.

one of the things that does bug me is that lois had a kid...i dunno why that bugs me lol. I think more and more it just kinda annoys people when things are set in a certain way in the comic book world and then when they make a movie they change so much. I understand they want to make it more realistic and give more depth and all that but it kinda then destroys our illusion of things, the idea that superman now has to worry about a kid along with lois and all that. But again we are all wrapped up with previous Superman movies and things being a certain way so its also hard for us to imagine a different story line and all that. The trailers show something promising and interesting at least in the story line but just knowing how things are just changed around, i think is what bothers most.

Lightning54SC said:
Stop with the stupid condescending remarks...now.

Matt said:

You got that right. Go to the Smallville, Spider-man, and X3 boards - same thing......:up:

Milkman95 said:
You got that right. Go to the Smallville, Spider-man, and X3 boards - same thing......:up:
mad2.gif

:p ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"