We Hate Everything About Everything - Part 21

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Jun 6, 2017.

1. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

Not a fan of it either. :(

2. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Not the Voice You Know

I see clips of some shows from before the widescreen era widened, and videogame footage of retro games recorded in widescreen format.

3. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I hate when people have zero self awareness and seem to go out of their way to live up to the worst stereotype others have of their group or community.

4. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Yup. Some gay people make me cringe.

5. KRYPTON INC.

I am Hispanic, raised in NYC but also spent time in rural Pennsylvania. And as is obvious, a big ole nerd. I have taken abuse from all sides. Hispanics that think I am not "street" enough, not authentically Hispanic enough. Then there are the times I have been the target of, frankly, racism from "white" Americans. My politics are probably moderate liberal, so of course I have clashed with conservatives but also the fringe left types. As a genre fan I have gotten into my Fare share of heated debates even before I made the leap into the online world.

Each of these groups I am a part of often have those that lack some serious self awareness. And they are usually the ones held up as "the prime example" for whatever community they are a part of and it's not only tiring that others feel the need to do that, take those extremes as representative of the whole of whatever group, but it's more tiring that so many, Progressives, nerds, ethnic minorities etc. seem to try their best to live up to the worst impressions people outside those groups have of them.

6. KRYPTON INC.

I can't say I am a fan of people that disingenuously act like they are the reasonable and rational ones yet for some reason always seem to have some kind of BS defense of morons, bigots, demagogues, and kleptocrats.

7. squeekness

Narcissistic personality disorder? :p

8. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

I hate that whenever I find a nice isolated remote parking space away from possible nicks and scratches in a shopping mall there is always some jerk that has to park right next to me when there's plenty of empty spots.

9. Spider-Aziz

I hate that Google Chrome decided to change language on its own and sign me out of every account. I don't even have any language second to English installed to the browser, why did it change directions and language?

10. squeekness

I hate that it's going to take a couple of days to change the back fence out and we can't let the dogs run free. :(

11. Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

My wife and I finally sold my old car that had been sitting in our driveway for the past month. On the way to its new owner, the strut died. It can be fixed but will cut into our profit. We only charged $500.

12. Hobgoblin

My mother in law also visited last night and told us a story from a guest speaker at her church. In college he wanted to impress a girl so he took in her cat when she had to give it up. He didn't like cats and neither did his roommates. One of them brought it's prize winning dog to visit and it killed the car. "The sad part," she said "was the dog had to be put down because it developed a taste for blood." He went to tell the girl it was dead and he just told her it was dead and he had to go clean up the mess.

The "moral" was to not compromise your beliefs for someone that doesn't share them, because you will just be dragged down and the other person won't change. The whole thing was so darn stupid. It was a backhanded slap at me, since I'm an atheist and mommy can't take It.

13. KRYPTON INC.

I hate that at my job they won't give me the time off to go to my high school friend's mother's funeral Fri.

We have a Summer relief guy but they don't think he's up to handling my shift yet. He's going to be doing it in two weeks when someone else goes on a three week vacation (that guy does my shift on my days off). They say he's not familiar with the tenants yet or procedure. Fine. But I remember when I was hired I did like three day shifts (with a movie production going on in the job at that time I might add so it's not like it was a regular three days of training) and that was it before I did the overnights. It's two days for Christ's sake. The funereal is Friday all the way in South Delaware. It's a 8 hour round trip by car from NYC. Even if I left Fri. morning as soon as I got off of work at 7am I wouldn't make the funeral. I needed Thur and Fri. off. This sucks because of all my high school friends he was the only one that made it to my dad's funeral.

14. squeekness

I hate it when you email a company for help with their malfunctioning webpage and they reply with an utterly useless form letter. :(

15. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

How annoying. Sod's law. :dry:

16. Hobgoblin

I also hear that the in laws blame me for the car's problem because I didnt drive it for a month. Interesting, since it didnt have licence plates and would have been illegal to drive. Father in law even warned me to not drive it.

Ah yes, being the scapegoat.

17. squeekness

People suck. :(

18. Spider-Aziz

When people drive you crazy by changing their minds... I really hate that.

19. ObakeTora

ObakeTora vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v

I hate how r&b is dead, nobody sings anymore, all the music is about money and misogony, the sports car market is dying, everybody has a hated suv you can't see beyond, everybody is on their phone and they don;t look where they are going usually, everybody in my neighborhood has a little yappy toy dog that keeps me up at night, they don't pick up their scat, and there are flies everywhere which is another thing I absolutely hate, as people like to leave the door open and their food out and don't mind those nasty vile creatures landing on their mashed potatoes, depositing their eggs after having premarital insect sex, which everybody seems to do nowadays because there is no moral and decency anymore, it's just get rich or die trying, not to mention that tattoos are a thing which I loath because when I see them on people I think of race cars, and race cars suck because you can't drive them on the highway only in a closed track in a closed course against someone with a closed mind, which also sucks because nobody wants to generate ideas and focus on free thought as we live in a world inundated with whiny klannish "my way or the high way" control freaks that don't dedicate their lives to learning a trade because that would get in the way of their strange need to control. Yea, control freaks suck.

I'm going back inside. I don't like the looks of those teenagers.

20. KRYPTON INC.

Jebus... I hope that was satire.

21. squeekness

I drive an SUV. :( :p

22. Hobgoblin

Mom in law thinks I can't do the job I was just hired for. It's data entry, it isn't rocket science. :whatever:

23. Kane52630

Kane52630 Astral Plane User

That should be a record of all the things someone has hated in a single post.

24. Texas Zombie

Texas Zombie Not Super

I hate Metal Gear Solid 5. From the very start. Felt like the most self indulgent video game I ever played. There’s a line right away like “Go be the legend” or something. It’s not even like tongue in cheek, oh we know we’re dope and our game is awesome, but making fun of itself or using any sort of self deprecation. Every bit of dialogue was extremely cringe worthy.

25. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I hate the way iTunes runs on Windows 10. I feel like I'm in a never ending battle with this **** program to do ANYTHING. Apple Support is about as useful as **** on a boar so I guess this **** program is what I'm stuck with.