What 2017 Comic Book Movie are you looking forward to the most?

Thor 2 has a very strong filmmaker behind it, so it could do very well with critics.

So did the first Thor.

I say this as someone who loved Hunt for Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows. But Marvel has a way of softening any edges.

Logan sounds awesome,I think Guardians and Thor will be standouts too. Spidey I have my reservations but I think it will at least turn out decent. DC is non-existant for me right now.

But Marvel has a way of softening any edges.
My greatest concern, but I have a strong feeling Waititi will get his way as much as Shane Black and James Gunn did.

So did the first Thor.

I say this as someone who loved Hunt for Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows. But Marvel has a way of softening any edges.

Don't get me wrong, I like Branagh but I don't think he's in any way comparable to Waititi as a a truly unique and visionary director.

Waititi has already said that he's been very surprised how much creative freedom Marvel have given him with Ragnarok, and how it's going to be vastly different to the first two Thor films. I have faith in him and I think Ragnarok is going to be something truly unique and special in the CBM genre.

People said the same thing last year after deadpool yet Civil war topped most lists of the best cmb of 206 and got bigger acclaim. I have seen Logan. it is indeed a very good movie although it's not a comic book movie. That in it's case combined with Jackman's departure workd in it's favor but it's can see other cbms coming close or surpassing it.

The thing is that the X-men universe will always be an afterthought compared to the MCU. They don't have the material or the consistency to generate the same hype and impact the MCU has as a whole.

The critics are a lot more glowing on Logan. And what's being praised is Mangold's filmmaking, acting, and the overall craft. Logan may not be as big as the films you mention, but from a filmmaking standpoint, other comic book movies may not come close. With the exception of maybe Thor 2 3. I am curious to see what Waititi can do.

Has there ever been a series where the 1st movie is the worst and third the best?

Has there ever been a series where the first film is one of the worst in the entire genre, and the third ends up being one of the best?

Has there ever been a series where the first film is one of the worst in the entire genre, and the third ends up being one of the best?
I assumed that's what Erzengel meant.

The critics are a lot more glowing on Logan. And what's being praised is Mangold's filmmaking, acting, and the overall craft. Logan may not be as big as the films you mention, but from a filmmaking standpoint, other comic book movies may not come close. With the exception of maybe Thor 2 3. I am curious to see what Waititi can do.

Marvel outshines every other company year after year. There is a reason they are regarded the driving force of the genre. I have read the majority of Logan's review. As i said, it's biggest power with critics is that it doesn't play like a comic book film. It's true, the film is more similar to movies like Hell or High Water than Avengers.

That said the 2017 MCU films are so different that i can't see it becoming a problem. 2/3 of them are cosmic extravagazas and look to be really entertaining in a completely different way. Maybe they are even more popular with general audiences. Logan is a bit overlong especially in the first and middle sections.

Made the switch to Sniktbub after the first trailer dropped and I have not had a single doubt since

Looks like my belief in Logan will be rewarded. Everything points to that. Critics reaction is very positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"