What 2017 Comic Book Movie are you looking forward to the most?

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/155051019859/comic-book-filmography-by-year-1998-2002-2003

tumblr_oiviwaXN0v1rrkahjo1_540.gif

tumblr_oiviwaXN0v1rrkahjo2_540.gif

tumblr_oiviwaXN0v1rrkahjo3_540.gif

tumblr_oiviwaXN0v1rrkahjo4_540.gif

tumblr_oiviwaXN0v1rrkahjo5_540.gif

tumblr_oiviwaXN0v1rrkahjo6_540.jpg

tumblr_oiviwaXN0v1rrkahjo7_540.gif

I'm gonna go against the grain and say Wonder Woman.

I already know Spider-Man, Guardians and Thor will likely be good. If WW is received badly, the fallout will be quite heavy.

Logan is inconsequential and just a Jackman vanity project.

1. Justice League, for Supes’ return, a hilariously extreme Aquaman, Cyborg the technopath, the New Gods mythology, and the hope of seeing a GL.

2. Thor Ragnarok, hopefully the "Heavy Metal" Marvel movie.

Not terribly excited about the rest, though they all look awesome in some ways, mediocre in others.

Last edited:
Logan shot up to #1 for me after the latest trailer.

Thor 3 jumped to #1 after I watched Hunt For The Wilderpeople yesterday.

Logan went ahead of Guardians and League for me. #1 now.

Damn Kane, always showin everyone up with the fancy title card gifs

I'd say Logan has gained a few spots for me, but Thor 3 remains my most hyped... right now I'd say it's...

1) Thor: Ragnarok
2 tie) Guardians 2
2 tie) Logan
4) Spider-man: Homecoming
5)Wonder Woman

doesn't place) Justice League

Logan would've gone higher, but I just can't put my trust in Fox to not screw it all up

Wonder Woman

for 2018

Gotham City Sirens
The Batman
Aquaman

There's a fairly even, two-tier split of interest it seems.

Logan
Thor Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy: VOL 2

Not counting cartoon movies, here's my list...

1. Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Logan
4. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. Seuls
7. The Coldest City
8. Ghost in the Shell
9. Kingsman: The Golden Circle
10. Wilson
11. Wonder Woman
12. Justice League

1. Logan
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
4. Spider-Man: Homecoming
5. Justice League
6. Wonder Woman

#1 power rangers not really sure if you consider it an comic book movie but it looks awesome!!
#2 Thor: Ragnarok
#3 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
4. Spider-Man: Homecoming
5. Justice League
6. Wonder Woman

Sounds like the year is going to peak early with Logan. I am fine with that given the trailers have been amazing.

I'm glad that Wolverine finally has a great solo movie.

I'm hoping Thor: Ragnarok is another highly criticially acclaimed film.

Can't help but feel that the rest of the superhero movies coming out this year will be under the huge shadow of Logan. This is something special. Homecoming looks utter pedestrian in comparison.

People said the same thing last year after deadpool yet Civil war topped most lists of the best cmb of 206 and got bigger acclaim. I have seen Logan. it is indeed a very good movie although it's not a comic book movie. That in it's case combined with Jackman's departure workd in it's favor but it's can see other cbms coming close or surpassing it.

The thing is that the X-men universe will always be an afterthought compared to the MCU. They don't have the material or the consistency to generate the same hype and impact the MCU has as a whole.

I think Guardians and Thor could potentially be in the same range of acclaim as Logan.

Can't help but feel that the rest of the superhero movies coming out this year will be under the huge shadow of Logan. This is something special. Homecoming looks utter pedestrian in comparison.

Eh, I highly doubt it. Guardians 2 and Thor: Ragnarok are both huge, cosmic based event movies, they couldn't be more different than Logan tonally and among the general public they have completely different target audiences, despite all three being CBMs. Plus, Guardians 2 already has massive hype even though it isn't being released for another 3 months and Ragnarok has the potential to have that amount of hype closer to release too, not to mention it has one of the most critically acclaimed young director's out there at the helm.

People said the same thing last year after deadpool yet Civil war topped most lists of the best cmb of 206 and got bigger acclaim. I have seen Logan. it is indeed a very good movie although it's not a comic book movie. That in it's case combined with Jackman's departure workd in it's favor but it's can see other cbms coming close or surpassing it.

The thing is that the X-men universe will always be an afterthought compared to the MCU. They don't have the material or the consistency to generate the same hype and impact the MCU has as a whole.

An afterthought in terms of fan hype and box office? Maybe. But I personally have always had a preference for the emphasis on stakes and drama in the better X-films (DOFP, First Class to a degree). I have not seen it, but if the reports of Logan being the first real successor to The Dark Knight Trilogy are accurate, then I could care less about what generates more hype. Because unlike most of the MCU that kind of fades from memory as a blur, the truly great movies remain, sequel, spin-offs, or after credit stingers be damned.

Of course, I am not ready to buy into the full hype for Logan quite yet. But if it is on par with Days of Future Past, I will be satisfied.

Thor 2 has a very strong filmmaker behind it, so it could do very well with critics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"