What 2017 Comic Book Movie are you looking forward to the most?

#1 spider-man home coming
#2 grudains of the galaxy volume two
#3 logan
#4Thor: Ragnarok
#5 wonder women
#6 justice league not really sure i have to see trailer to see if its looks good!!
#7 power rangers i used to watched as an kid but power rangers samurai &super samurai then meageforce & super megaforce got me into power rangers!!

I think I've made myself clear on this issue and it's a matter of principle, not just Eddie Brock fandom. Adapting a character is a declaration of the character's worthiness, and gutting said character is an insult to that character's preexisting fanbase and a disservice to the overall story.

The argument of "I don't personally like this character" is shallow and invalid. The outrage that always follows the mismanagement of a character's initial adaptation is proof positive that filmmakers shouldn't be so egotistical as to think they understand comic book characters better than comic book writers.
So says the tireless Topher basher. :o
I gave more than "I don't like him", like a couple of moments explaining why he's a mediocre idiot assigning the blame in the wrong places.

"I got fired for writing a column on confessions of someone everyone thought was a killer and then Spider-Man caught the real killer after his arm got twisted by Daredevil, but I was deemed a fraud and got fired"

"Spider-Man, before I was fired, I had cancer, I blamed you"

"I defend the innocent, and auction the symbiote for charity by selling it to the highest bidder in gangsters auction. Great lethal protector there."

Among numerous idiotic moments. :down

Topher Grace is a great live action Venom, he was an improvement to the original idiot, and the only live action Venom we need.

I agree that Venom has been a victim of bad writing ever since Brock explained his motivations, as expertly shown above. But the concept is not inherently bad and Venom can be an amazing foe in small doses. I welcome the symbiote to the MCU. Feigi knows how to make things from comic books better. Just look at Civil War! :)

So says the tireless Topher basher. :o
I gave more than "I don't like him", like a couple of moments explaining why he's a mediocre idiot assigning the blame in the wrong places.

"I got fired for writing a column on confessions of someone everyone thought was a killer and then Spider-Man caught the real killer after his arm got twisted by Daredevil, but I was deemed a fraud and got fired"

"Spider-Man, before I was fired, I had cancer, I blamed you"

"I defend the innocent, and auction the symbiote for charity by selling it to the highest bidder in gangsters auction. Great lethal protector there."

Among numerous idiotic moments. :down

Topher Grace is a great live action Venom, he was an improvement to the original idiot, and the only live action Venom we need.

You're still just explaining why you dont like the character, not acknowledging the character's popularity or place in the mythos. I've made similar arguments about Doc Ock being poorly designed, but my opinion doesn't negate his place in Spidey's history. I could write ten pages of logical arguments about Ock's shortcomings, but I would still be wrong if I said he shouldn't be adapted again.

And Blowpher has never been a great anything.

1. Spider-Man Homecoming
2. Logan
3. The Lego Batman Movie
4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
5. Thor Ragnarok

999: Wonder Woman
1000: Justice League

1. Justice League
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. GOTG Vol 2
4. Spider-Man
5. Wonder Woman
6. Logan

Logan looks really promising.

Dear ScarPredator
You're still just explaining why you dont like the character, not acknowledging the character's popularity or place in the mythos.
I'm sorry, do I need to bring more highlights of his history to attention to showcase why he's dumb?

How about he kidnaps Peter's parents because they are innocent and should not be attached to the sins of Spider-Man? Terror and abduction for protection is anything less than idiotic, right? :o

I've made similar arguments about Doc Ock being poorly designed, but my opinion doesn't negate his place in Spidey's history. I could write ten pages of logical arguments about Ock's shortcomings, but I would still be wrong if I said he shouldn't be adapted again.
I have my gripes about the design of Ock and Hammerhead, but they have good stories utilizing how they need to be as both planners and criminal masterminds and when facing someone as physically powerful as Spider-Man.
Something Brock lacks. I hate Carnage and even that one note jerk has better use than Brock ever had.

Symbiotes -and most of their hosts- suck.

And Topher has never been a great anything.
Buddy, go easy on an actor you don't like, who was great in playing a better version of your favorite comic book antagonist.

I hate Adam Sandler as an actor, I don't go on hating him and murk his name.

You can watch X-men Origins: Wolverine in that case.

They even have a cameo from a Mortal Combat character.

****, which one?
giphy.gif

Just reverse this list and you have my order:

1. GOTG vol.2 - The first film is tied with IM1 as my number one MCU film. I've liked everything we've heard so far and have faith that Gunn will deliver.

2. Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spidey has always been one of my favorites but I became cynical with his films after S-M3 and was very underwhelmed by the TASM series. His portrayal in CW has eliminated that cynicism.

3. Thor: Ragnorok - I have a good feeling about this one.

4. Wonder Woman - I'm hoping for the best but given DC's track record thus far I'm skeptical.

5. Justice League - Same as above but even more so given that Snyder is directing.

6. Logan - I've always liked the X-Men, but The Last Stand really killed my interest in those films and I haven't seen one since.

While I can’t be sure that I’ll enjoy Logan or the DC films (The Wolverine was bland and I hated BvS & SS), I think it’s much more likely that they could potentially be up my alley. I may end up hating them too, but it looks like they are taking risks and are still primarily the director’s films, not created by committee. I’ve always preferred the more adult movies of the genre (TDKT & the early X-films) over the populist comedy films that Marvel now specializes in.

I’m one of those odd ducks that doesn’t enjoy the MCU. In fact, GotG is my least favorite of those films. Spidey didn’t wow me in CW like he did others, and I’m just having a hard time getting excited about a sixth film in 15 years. Especially from formulaic Marvel. Ragnorak’s the only one I have any real interest in (big Thor fan, and the cast is great), but again, I have a feeling the humor will just be too much of a focus for my liking. I was hoping for a more grounded, epic approach to Asgard’s apocalypse, but that doesn’t appear to be what Marvel is going for.

I’m interested in the Netflix shows, but I didn’t like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones was boring, so my hopes aren’t very high. I’ll still tune in, but I’m not as optimistic as I once was.

Just reverse this list and you have my order:

While I can’t be sure that I’ll enjoy Logan or the DC films (The Wolverine was bland and I hated BvS & SS), I think it’s much more likely that they could potentially be up my alley. I may end up hating them too, but it looks like they are taking risks and are still primarily the director’s films, not created by committee. I’ve always preferred the more adult movies of the genre (TDKT & the early X-films) over the populist comedy films that Marvel now specializes in.

I’m one of those odd ducks that doesn’t enjoy the MCU. In fact, GotG is my least favorite of those films. Spidey didn’t wow me in CW like he did others, and I’m just having a hard time getting excited about a sixth film in 15 years. Especially from formulaic Marvel. Ragnorak’s the only one I have any real interest in (big Thor fan, and the cast is great), but again, I have a feeling the humor will just be too much of a focus for my liking. I was hoping for a more grounded, epic approach to Asgard’s apocalypse, but that doesn’t appear to be what Marvel is going for.

I’m interested in the Netflix shows, but I didn’t like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones was boring, so my hopes aren’t very high. I’ll still tune in, but I’m not as optimistic as I once was.

we are of similar thoughts on some.spider-man didn't wow me at all In Civil war.i liked the film but not spider-man.out of MCU the films i generly liked i can count on one hand.first iron man.incredible hulk,and the cap trilogy.

I feel you will be completly right on thor 3.everything keeps talking about the humor the new director brings.

I have even less enthusim for homecoming than i was amazing spider-man and i endd up loving that.

Logan as ending of X-Men franchise as it has been is my number 1 intrest.JL with batman is more tempting to go see.while BVS is far from great film i liked affleck as batman far more than spider-man In civil war.

2017 is going to be an epic year. I'm looking forward to all of these films, as well as the Marvel Netflix shows, the Defenders, Iron Fist, and the Punisher. Epic time to be a comic book fan!!

Personally I put 2014 at the top with TWS, GOTG and DOFP.

It'd be amazing if at least 3 of the 2017 were of the same quality.

Wonder Woman is the only movie on the list I have any interest at all in seeing. Could not care less about any of the others.
So I guess that means I am looking forward to Wonder Woman the most.

Justice league.
Wonder Woman.
Lego Batman Movie.
Logan.
Star Wars episode 8

I'm shocked that Justice League has more votes than GOTG2. But despite BvS having poor reception, people just want to see all of those characters in one film.

But I think past the excitement, GOTG2 will be more successful, both critically and financially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"