What 2017 Comic Book Movie are you looking forward to the most?

Thor: Ragnarok. Though Spider-man: Homecoming was close in second place. Then probably Wonder Woman and GotG2. Not sure I'll even bother with the rest.

1) Thor: Ragnarok - I'm a big Thor fan that's why
2) Spider-man: Homecoming - Spidey was great in CW, can't wait to see more of the MCU's version
3) GOTG 2 - After the success of GOTG 1, how can one not be excited for this?
4) Logan - Loved the trailer!
5) Wonder Woman - very cautious about anything DC now
6) Justice League - even more cautious with Snyder still at the helm

Kind of surprised WW is last on the poll considering it has way more promise than JL directed by Hack Snyder.
What surprises me is seeing Guardians of the Galaxy sequel less anticipated than the sequel to The Dark World.
You'd think they'd at least be equals before seeing results to this poll.

^That's the power of adding Hulk to your movie. ;)

Homecoming. Really want a Spidey film done right and really anticipating what MS and Sony could do together.

I like the way you think. :D
Wonder if that would have been enough without Mark Rufallo taking the character into his hands, and Joss Whedon's direction.

What surprises me is seeing Guardians of the Galaxy sequel less anticipated than the sequel to The Dark World.
You'd think they'd at least be equals before seeing results to this poll.
Volume 2 looks more of the same. Ragnarok looks like a major overhaul.

Kind of surprised WW is last on the poll considering it has way more promise than JL directed by Hack Snyder.

Despite my excitement for the DCEU as a whole, I've given up on Wonder Woman at this point. The only redeeming part of the character so far is her theme song. I have a feeling that her solo flick will be a disaster.

That was another smart move on Marvel's part. Not only will we see the anticipated rematch with Thor, but Hulk will get to encounter multiple magical beings and super-powered aliens. He'll be merged into a perfect landscape rather than a solo trying to establish another villain as a threat to him.

1. Thor: Ragnarok: I love the Hulk, and Hulk stories with Thor are exciting.

2. Justice League: Probably another bad movie, but it might at least be better than BvS in characterization, and that should be a big improvement.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 2: The first movie is awesome. So sure, I'll watch the sequel.

4. Wolverine 3: So far Wolverine solo movies are disappointing, but I won't miss out another chance to watch Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, whether it will be his last or not.

5. Wonder Woman: I like her among humans, don't care for the Greek mythology stuff. Because she will stand with humans out of her Amazonian island, I'll watch it.

6. LEGO Batman: I don't like the LEGO Movie, the story of that movie is the kind I have in a fantasy while playing with toys as a kid and then forget I played it, or am glad I didn't make it a stage play cause it would've made people cringe. The thought of people clamoring for that movie to win an oscar was beyond me, some even looked at it as one of the best movies. It's not the entertaining kind of bad, it's just bad.
Anyway, I'm willing to give this movie a chance and hope for better results, even more since I love the LEGO Batman games. If this one sucked I'll stick to the story and humor of the Traveller Tales games.

9. Spider-Man: Homecoming: I don't care for him in Civil War, didn't want him as part of the MCU, and I especially have no anticipation for him.
Fixed

Wow, Aziz. Why the Spidey hate?
No hate, more like fatigue from his constant movie reboots.
I wanted him out of MCU cause in comics he was a loner for decades, that's how I liked him more, didn't want him more than a reserve Avenger at most.
I wanted the MCU to be clean of symbiotes as well, all the plots revolving around symbiotes in video games tired me of those alien (aritificial life forms if you want Ultimate) critters. Symbiote invasion in Avengers and Deadpool comics were too much.
And Eddie Brock has an awful origin, that's why I endorse how he is in Spider-Man 3 the movie, plus he managed to be entertaining, and Topher Grace did a fine job in the role of that dumb character who originally hated Spider-Man cause his boss fired him after.....

You know? Venom is an overrated mediocre idiot, Carnage is a Joker wannabe with symbiote who got defeated by Batman cause fear of virus peeled the symbiote off of the face of Cletus Kassidy and he was supposed to stay split in halves in space, but they brought him back to burn by a bomb only to survive and have a country ride.....

And think of all the symbiote off-springs.

So your distaste of Spider-man in the MCU revolves around him potentially being an Avenger, which I doubt will happen, and the potential addition of symbiotes, which probably won't happen for a while...?

So your distaste of Spider-man in the MCU revolves around him potentially being an Avenger, which I doubt will happen, and the potential addition of symbiotes, which probably won't happen for a while...?
I have more reasons, I'll list one of them:
I wanted to try a Marvel Universe without Spider-Man for years.

No hate, more like fatigue from his constant movie reboots.
I wanted him out of MCU cause in comics he was a loner for decades, that's how I liked him more, didn't want him more than a reserve Avenger at most.
I wanted the MCU to be clean of symbiotes as well, all the plots revolving around symbiotes in video games tired me of those alien (aritificial life forms if you want Ultimate) critters. Symbiote invasion in Avengers and Deadpool comics were too much.
And Eddie Brock has an awful origin, that's why I endorse how he is in Spider-Man 3 the movie, plus he managed to be entertaining, and Topher Grace did a fine job in the role of that dumb character who originally hated Spider-Man cause his boss fired him after.....

You know? Venom is an overrated mediocre idiot, Carnage is a Joker wannabe with symbiote who got defeated by Batman cause fear of virus peeled the symbiote off of the face of Cletus Kassidy and he was supposed to stay split in halves in space, but they brought him back to burn by a bomb only to survive and have a country ride.....

And think of all the symbiote off-springs.

Lantern Venom needs to make an appearance here right about now... :sly:

Oh well, to each his own. As someone who has never had any particular love for ANY of the 5 previous Spidey solo movies I'm damn pleased to see Arad shut out of this one. Maybe they'll make something better than mediocre now. I already like the small bit of Spidey in CW better than all the previous movies combined. No stupid Raimi, nails-on-a-chalkboard humor, no jerk-Peter, age-appropriate casting for the first time and he actually sounds like he's from Queens!

Oh well, to each his own. As someone who has never had any particular love for ANY of the 5 previous Spidey solo movies I'm damn pleased to see Arad shut out of this one. Maybe they'll make something better than mediocre now. I already like the small bit of Spidey in CW better than all the previous movies combined. No stupid Raimi, nails-on-a-chalkboard humor, no jerk-Peter, age-appropriate casting for the first time and he actually sounds like he's from Queens!

I remember walking out of the first Spider-man when I was 8 years old and being so excited about the prospect of the sequel and what other Marvel heroes would appear - needless to say, this is all a dream come true for me.

I was 27 when I saw SM1 so I wasn't that impressed.

I remember walking out of the first Spider-man when I was 8 years old and being so excited about the prospect of the sequel and what other Marvel heroes would appear - needless to say, this is all a dream come true for me.

I was 10 and felt the exact same way. Now we're kind of spoiled by all the awesomeness.

Lantern Venom needs to make an appearance here right about now... :sly:

I think I've made myself clear on this issue and it's a matter of principle, not just Eddie Brock fandom. Adapting a character is a declaration of the character's worthiness, and gutting said character is an insult to that character's preexisting fanbase and a disservice to the overall story.

The argument of "I don't personally like this character" is shallow and invalid. The outrage that always follows the mismanagement of a character's initial adaptation is proof positive that filmmakers shouldn't be so egotistical as to think they understand comic book characters better than comic book writers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"