The Avengers What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha he destroyed a whole section of the helicarrier and tried to kill BW for breathing. How is that under control?

Just curious anyway, I didn't mind at all. I have no real complaint about the movie at all. Except maybe that it wasn't an hour longer.

He wanted the team distracted so more people could get onto the helicarrier. If he just had Hulk rampage it might not of worked out properly.

Well that's essentially exactly what I'm saying. The two factors working together but it doesn't mean Hulk was controlled.

haha he destroyed a whole section of the helicarrier and tried to kill BW for breathing. How is that under control?
It's pretty standard in the Hulk-o-meter :D

Aside for chasing BW, it was just Hulk looking around :oldrazz:

It's pretty standard in the Hulk-o-meter :D

Aside for chasing BW, it was just Hulk looking around :oldrazz:

I've been thinking about this since I saw it last night. If Loki was controlling Banner, he could've just had him hulk out and do his bidding to recover the staff and free him. I think Loki planted a seed of doubt in Banner when he saw him. Since BW assured him in Calcutta(sp?) that they only wanted him for his gamma expertise, he was angry at her, and felt betrayed. He hulked out due to anger from the team turning on him and focused on BW due to her broken promises. The Thor fight was initiated by Thor trying to protect BW. We all know Hulk to never back down from a chance to throw fists!

Does anyone else think its sad that we were just blessed with easily the best comic book movie of all time and the most popular thread on the board is "What people DIDN'T like about The Avengers"?

Ingrates.

Dude there's nothing wrong with criticism of any body of work. Nothing is perfect and we all have a right to an opinion. Chill out.

I can't think of anything in the movie that people didn't like unless they're really geeky fanboys who nitpick for the hell of it.

I can't think of anything in the movie that people didn't like unless they're really geeky fanboys who nitpick for the hell of it.

Well I didn't like some of the pacing and that has been criticized outside fanboy circles and really has nothing to do with fanboy centric issues so think harder.

I still feel some better character development is the only thing really missing. But I have a feeling that'll be fixed with the deleted scenes, with scenes like Cap adjusting to the world after his sleep and such. I'm hoping a good amount of the deleted footage focuses on that.

my only complaint is that Loki's deal and his army wasn't well explained.....

Does anyone else think its sad that we were just blessed with easily the best comic book movie of all time and the most popular thread on the board is "What people DIDN'T like about The Avengers"?

Ingrates.

I don't consider it the best comic book movie sir.

Well, unless there's an invasion of spambots, people are expressing dislikes right here, which contrdicts your statement.

Thanos .... all by himself no IG could IMO with not relative ease

Choke the Hulk out and force him to revert back to Banner

Thanos should be protrayed as someone with a massive brain who can actually do more then just go toe to toe with the Green goliath

BUT.... if Hulk were enraged enough he could probably hurt Thanos.... which could be shown

If Hulk just went in with swagger,.... so to speak Thanos could sneak in the choke

If Hulk were properly juiced up so to speak.... he and Thor sould do some damage to Thanos

my only complaint is that Loki's deal and his army wasn't well explained.....

Thanos wanted the cube

"the other' said it was to open portals to other dimensions

With the cube in his posession Thanos would be very dangerous

Thanos clearly knows all about Asgaurd...

Thor seemed to fear the worse as he demanded to know who Loki had made deals with

perhaps in THor 2 it will be revealed that Thanos tried to envade asgaurd

perhaps in a flashback they could show Thanos challenging Odin and basicly put a beat down on Odin...

Maybe the sacrifice a guy like Balder here and show Balder step in, save Odin, but die at the hands of Thanos

Perhaps odin has to use 'something ' to defeat Thanos

.... a flash back that shows just how dangerous Thanos is... that he basicly came to asgaurd and nearly overthrew Odins regime

Hated Captain America's portrayal as he was shown to be somewhat the weakling and one who needed saving on numerous occasions smh

Hawkeye was underwhelming and coolest moment is hopping off a building and swinging into a window?!

The movie was riddled with too many comic relief moments that made me forget all about the tragic concepts of all these heroes even having to be heroes. I don't recall a heart wrenching moment once. Captain America had lost an entire lifetime of loved ones, friends, family etc, and it had a split second of that. Instead of all the black widow **** and Hawkeye they should have concentrated more on the dark themes to balance the movie and not just make it practically a comedy. Almost EVERY action scene was accompanied by comedy. It felt like Raimi's spiderman that was a comedy with superhero attributes. Thing I like about Wachmen and TDK is that they were dramatic films with comic relief here and there, where as the Marvel line up are comedies with sentiments of the comics.

I just prefer heavier themes, layers, thought provoking discussion worthy movies. Loki had the best speech on slavery and then had a weak ass fight with Cap Am who was whooped as usual in this film, and then IRONMAN (superman) saves the day again and again smh. Please name Captain America's shining moment????

I loved ruffalo as Hulk and knew I would. my favorite yet as he was more similar to eric banner's portrayal than Ed Norton's which I just didn't like. Thor/Hulk battle was interesting and one of the best.

Also I had a beef with the finale as in it reminded me too much of Transformers 3 plot with the whole portal of aliens coming into the world and the villains having a HUGE snake conquered by the flying here (optimus/Ironman) and the ground action team (Captain America/Bumble bee) and they had to shut down the portal door to save the day.

this movie was good, but just not the style I prefer my dose of comic book adaptations. I'm more for the tragic dark elements and layered themes that are filled in the comics with very little humor. The comics are not full of laugh out loud moments like the avengers films was. I know Whedon had t play on the shallow minded audience like with the "weed" line. Spiderman is usually the comic relief in his comics, but every character being funny in avenger's except Captain America? yeesh. felt like i was honestly watching a comedy smh.

But again-if he could control Hulk as others are so sure why didn't he have the Hulk go nuts when they were all in the tight space together?

Because he didn't have total control of him like he did with Hawkeye....he has a more subliminal/subtle control that made Bruce not have the control over the HULK that he had gained in the last year.

Hated Captain America's portrayal as he was shown to be somewhat the weakling and one who needed saving on numerous occasions smh

What a surprise....considering you were banned from the Captain America forums for trolling it. Looks like you are off to a good start in here too.

Because he didn't have total control of him like he did with Hawkeye....he has a more subliminal/subtle control that made Bruce not have the control over the HULK that he had gained in the last year.

That doesn't make sense. If Loki's control, as you put it was -a more subliminal/subtle control that made Bruce not have the control over the HULK that he had gained in the last year-then it would have been easier for him to have Banner turn into the Hulk in the room...but he didn't. Clearly Banner was agitated at that point yet still able to NOT turn into the Hulk-so with Loki's control, as you see it, it would have been more likely the Hulk would have appeared. Unless it was Loki who was holding him back as well.

The control in question, at least how I see the debate, was when Hulk was the Hulk. And IMO this was not the case and I go back to the smile AFTER the roar to base my argument. If he could make the Hulk transform he would know he had done so and not react to a roar as if he now knew the Hulk was loose. Likewise if he could control him as the Hulk, regardless of how he transformed, he would know he was already transformed and not react to this fact as he did.

To me I still think it was more of a -let the firecracker go off-scenario that he trusted would provide a means for his escape. I didn't see anything that said he had a level of control over the Hulk subliminal or otherwise. I think it was more likely he trusted Barton would create enough chaos for this to unfold.

Also as I said earlier he probably was using the soul gem to agitate everyone as well so that he trusted the atmosphere would be produced for a Hulk appearance.

Last edited:
Thor just being able to come and go out of Asgard back to earth kind undoes the ending of his movie, or at least confirms my dislike for the ending.

Instead of stranding him in Asgard sad because he can't be with the woman he's known for a week, they should have had him get stranded on Earth, separated from his home and throne.

My problem with it is why do they need Coulson's death to finally realize they can be a team. They showed during the Helicarrier strike that they definitely can full function as a team not counting the Hulk. Loki is about to unleash an army on the world, they know he is going to do this but yet it takes Agent Coulson's death to inspire them. Really?

Thor just being able to come and go out of Asgard back to earth kind undoes the ending of his movie, or at least confirms my dislike for the ending.

Instead of stranding him in Asgard sad because he can't be with the woman he's known for a week, they should have had him get stranded on Earth, separated from his home and throne.

Thor couldn't come and go. Odin had to use some dark magic or energy spell to get him to Earth. However with the Tesseract in his possession, he can use that to go back and forth.

I don't see the problem. Odin using the full extent of his powers to get Thor back to Earth to capture Loki seems pretty reasonable. Did you think he would never be able to return?

Anyway, one thing I didn't like much was the go-between character Loki was dealing with. He came across as a little goofy.

My problem with it is why do they need Coulson's death to finally realize they can be a team. They showed during the Helicarrier strike that they definitely can full function as a team not counting the Hulk. Loki is about to unleash an army on the world, they know he is going to do this but yet it takes Agent Coulson's death to inspire them. Really?

The death and destruction of some anonymous people gets a person upset....the death of a friend gets you pissed.

Loki mocks Thor when they first meet, saying that Thor must love that Loki got the Teresect because it created an excuse for Odin to exert a lot of power just to send Thor to Earth. He even asks how much dark energy did the All-father need to send Thor now that the Bifrost is destroyed.

So that shows us that getting to Earth is a big feat even for Odin without the Bifrost, and sending Thor was done only to capture Loki and the Teresect. As others have said, it was made clear that the Teresect could open portals, so once Thor had it, he could get back to Asgard easily.

And with the Teresect back in Asgard, Odin can no doubt fix the Bifrost or at least send Thor to Earth more easily... for Thor's sequel no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"