Justice League What Sense Does it Make to Reboot Batman?

reesesmirk_zps6e9e781e.gif

aging actor? Bale is 39, and younger then Hugh Jackman, downey, and Mark Ruffalo and the same age as Amy Adams. He is also only 9 years older the Henry Cavil and Andrew Garfield. He is also younger then Michael Keaton was in Batman89.

Keaton was born in September of 1951. Wouldn't that mean he was 37 going on 38 when Batman '89 was released (to say nothing of when it was filmed)?

How can anyone want to see John Blake as Batman in a JL film? :huh:

JL will be no ordinary film. It is literally the most hyped up comic book film in history and has been hyped up for almost 70 years. Everybody has been waiting for this moment - the moment when Batman as we know him meets Superman as we know him. Yet some people are so quick to just easily throw this away. That is something that I cannot understand.

Before anyone says this (I have a feeling someone will say this, John Blake in a batsuit is not the same thing as Bruce Wayne in a batsuit. They're two entirely different characters. John Blake' s character has more in common with Nightwing and Red Robin than with Bruce Wayne's Batman. John Blake and Superman standing together would mean there is a pseudo watered down version of Nightwing next to Superman.

The film has been hyped up for 70 years? For Justice League? I don't think so.

I personally enjoy the concept of the Justice League. I love the characters, I dislike the characters..it's pretty balanced with me with each member. But I don't love JLA. I didn't grow up watching the animated series or reading JLA comics.

I agree that Blake has more in common with Nightwing and Robin, because he's that universes Robin. This is a part of the reason of why he'll never be in Justice League as Batman.

But for me, as long as Bruce is there interacting with Clark & the League..i really wouldn't mind Blake in the batsuit. I don't have that crazy attachment to JLA so I don't care. But I do get how you need Bruce there with Clark, Diana, etc.

Anyways ive moved on from the Nolan-verse/JL stuff. It's over. Time to reboot Bruce/Bats to fit with Cavill's Superman and all the other gods & aliens. It's the best move for the box-office, fans and basically everyone else.

The trilogy is perfect the way it is. I don't even like the idea of a Nightwing film with JGL anymore because I get why Dick Grayson should be that character in its first spin-off. We don't have to see Blake suit up as anything quite frankly. But ill never rule out the possibility of a Batman Beyond with Bale.

JL will be no ordinary film. It is literally the most hyped up comic book film in history and has been hyped up for almost 70 years. Everybody has been waiting for this moment - the moment when Batman as we know him meets Superman as we know him. Yet some people are so quick to just easily throw this away. That is something that I cannot understand.

I don't know how else to explain it other than as blind loyalty to the Nolanverse at the expense of the character himself. I've had a number of conversations about this with people on the boards and I can't really grasp why they would want John Blake in the Justice League as Batman.

Edit: double post. This is what happens when you're typing your post on a phone and then you press the back button.

Last edited:
I'm feeling a little deja vu here... what the heck??

Yes, but does one start out at 39 when they might be required to star in 3 more solo films and 3 Justice League movies at least? The answer is no.

Downey was 43 when Iron Man was released, hes done 3 solo movies one Avengers movie, and is signed on for two more Avenger sequels.

Keaton was born in September of 1951. Wouldn't that mean he was 37 going on 38 when Batman '89 was released (to say nothing of when it was filmed)?

ok? your point? he was still in his late 30s

I'd like a real Batman to be in the JLA, not some souped up crime thriller trilogy with a man in a batsuit.

As much as I love the Nolan films a Batman in the JLA world needs to be in a world where Ra's al Ghul is really immortal and not just a name. Where Batman has dealt with real odd and supernatural things and not just petty criminals with cool names.

I'm sure Shauner has mentioned this but the Batman thats connected to the Justice League needs to be based on the Arkham games Batman.

That one has the history of the comics/animated show, but with the grittiness and slight "real" feel of the The Dark Knight Trilogy which is perfect for a Batman that's connected to Man Of Steel and the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe that they are creating :)

I'm sure Shauner has mentioned this but the Batman thats connected to the Justice League needs to be based on the Arkham games Batman.

That one has the history of the comics/animated show, but with the grittiness and slight "real" feel of the The Dark Knight Trilogy which is perfect for a Batman that's connected to Man Of Steel and the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe that they are creating :)

You must mean in fighting style. Certainly, that version of Batman has no connection to other characters outside of the Batman franchise.

I don't like the aesthetic of the Arkham games that much. I'm all for a dark but campy tone though, a la BTAS.

Campy? Live-action does NOT need to return to that. The Arkham aesthetic is perfect in my opinion.

I guess the aesthetic of Arkham Origins would be the perfect fit. It would mesh a lot better Man of Steel's aesthetic.

They don't need to return to campy is what I said.

They don't need to return to campy is what I said.

Oh I see. You latched onto a single word in my post without looking at the context to see what I meant.

FWIW, all "campy" does not = Schumacher.

True and I love the animated series but it's a cartoon. Campiness just fits like a glove no matter how dark or light it is. I just don't want to see live-action go back to campy, even if it's dark. Batman Returns was great for my childhood but I don't want these movies to go back to the Burton style. I can watch the Animated Series if I want that mix of camp/serious & darkness. BTAS just honored the source material so much more than Burton did. But I don't need to see it again exactly as it played out. Ill watch Mask Of The Phantasm know what I mean?

I prefer an Arkham tone that's dark and serious but just fantastical with more sci-fi and horror. Batman's answer to Man Of Steel and how that was a serious take on Superman with plenty of outlandish things. It would be like how the games feel like modern slighty more mature versions of the Animated Series. The reboot can be like that brought to life. The modern, more serious take on what was created by Bruce Timm back in the 90s.

Not a fan of seeing camp again.

Last edited:
You must mean in fighting style. Certainly, that version of Batman has no connection to other characters outside of the Batman franchise.

.....Batman in the game has made mention of Arthur (Aquaman) at least twice in Arkham Asylum and I dont remember off the top of my head but I'm sure there are others in Arkham City. There is also the rumored appearance of the Justice League in Arkham Origins......so....there's that, will know a lot more in around a week and a half (Comic-Con 2013). Oh and Rocksteady said that the other heroes do exist in the Arkham games hence why they where considering the Justice League in future installments, this was before they decided not to do Arkham Origins though so....again, will know more soon lol

I don't know how else to explain it other than as blind loyalty to the Nolanverse at the expense of the character himself. I've had a number of conversations about this with people on the boards and I can't really grasp why they would want John Blake in the Justice League as Batman.

Because The Dark Knight Rises ended wide open for a sequel with Robin taking over the symbol that is Batman.

There have been multiple references made to characters outside of Gotham City in both AA and AC. The Arkham universe (for lack of better term) is populated with other DC characters.

Because The Dark Knight Rises ended wide open for a sequel with Robin taking over the symbol that is Batman.
Yup. We have the right to speculate on a realistic or unrealistic 4th movie AT LEAST featuring the successor. I can understand the "this is annoying people, Bale's never returning. It's confirmed. He's not going to be Batman again".

Sure.

But the story calls for a continuation with 1 or more successors. Whether that be via forum speculation, a Nolan movie, a movie with a different director, a comic, with Blake or Blake's eventual successor. Which is why I mention Terry McGinnis.

You guys really would be happy seeing Superman team up with fill-in Batman? I prefer the actual characters, not the empty symbols. Its the Clark / Bruce dynamic that I want.

The reason I love Batman at all is because I love the Bruce Wayne character. What's the symbol without him? A costume and some gadgets and a bat motif. Meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"