What the black suit SHOULD look like!!

Well it's possible that when Brock gets it it has the spider on it. The black costume may not be lost in the film world forever.

Nebins said:
Well it's possible that when Brock gets it it has the spider on it. The black costume may not be lost in the film world forever.
I hope you're right.

Mr. Socko said:
The black suit is just Spidey's normal suit but black, but I'm expecting a reason as to why. I'd much rather the normal traditional symbiote suit but I'll be ok with the black normal Spidey suit.

Btw, is Sam Raimi really a big fan of Spider-Man? Or is he just doing this for the money

I think hes doing it just for the money. If he said he was one I'm sure it was just political.

The only reason the suit looks like it does in the comics is because when Spidey was fighting in the Secret Wars, he loved the new costume of Spider-Woman. She wore a new black costume. Not a symbiote, she just wore a regular black costume that Spidey loved. When he found the symbiote, it read his mind and made the costume look like Spider-Woman's. That's the reason it's black. The symbiote can look like anything, it happened to be black because simply because Spidy loved the costume Spider-Woman was wearing.

Guess what, there is no secret wars and no Spider-Woman in the movie. There is no reason for the movie black costume to look like it does in the comics. Since there is no back story like the comics, Sam Raimi had to come up with something else. On could theorize that there is no reson at all for the costume to be black, it could look just like his normal costume. But everyone would go ape if it was just his normal costume. Sam made it black and look like the regular costume. A good compromise.

So for everyone who wants it like the comics. Do some reasearch first before you complain.

matthooper said:
The only reason the suit looks like it does in the comics is because when Spidey was fighting in the Secret Wars, he loved the new costume of Spider-Woman. She wore a new black costume. Not a symbiote, she just wore a regular black costume that Spidey loved. When he found the symbiote, it read his mind and made the costume look like Spider-Woman's. That's the reason it's black. The symbiote can look like anything, it happened to be black because simply because Spidy loved the costume Spider-Woman was wearing.

Guess what, there is no secret wars and no Spider-Woman in the movie. There is no reason for the movie black costume to look like it does in the comics. Since there is no back story like the comics, Sam Raimi had to come up with something else. On could theorize that there is no reson at all for the costume to be black, it could look just like his normal costume. But everyone would go ape if it was just his normal costume. Sam made it black and look like the regular costume. A good compromise.

So for everyone who wants it like the comics. Do some reasearch first before you complain.
thank you! i asked a while back why the symbiote made that white spider in the first place and i never got an answer. now i know. and i totally agree with ur argument.:up:

Oh, that explains a lot.

*EDITTED* Lol..it seems people have not seen that I quickly editted this post because I misread matthooper's previous post.

wikipedia doesnt always all the facts, nor does it always go into detail.

trustyside-kick said:
I do not read the Spider-Man comics often and did not read when he wore the black suit but...wikipedia says different than what you just said. It does not mention Spider-Woman having to do with his black suit and it talks about the suit being the symbiote like we have all been saying.

Who is right? :confused:

First of all wikipedia is a joke. Second, read the Secret Wars comics, that is the story. It's a fact. I own them all.

Yea I know...and I misread part of your post matthooper...the only thing wikipedia did not mention was Spider-Woman...that is why I editted my previous post right after I posted actually lol. :)

I know wikipedia misses some small details and is not 100% correct all of the time.

matthooper said:

Oh come on, that's a poor excuse for not making the symboite look comic accurate. It has the ability to mimic clothing, so why couldn't spidey just think up a new design because he wan'ts a new look?

Saying that just because Secret Wars isn't in the comics so the suit can't be black is like saying Peter didn't meet MJ first so she can't be in the first movie! Or Doctor Octopus can't have a wife because he didn't in the comics!

They could have the suit look like the traditional version if they wanted, and they coudl come up with a reasonable explanation. Say spidey's old threads get slashed. He wants a new design, the suit conforms to his thoughts. Bang, symbiote design. They were just lazy, and made it the original suit black. It's not being realistic, it's being lazy.

Infinity9999x said:
Oh come on, that's a poor excuse for not making the symboite look comic accurate. It has the ability to mimic clothing, so why couldn't spidey just think up a new design because he wan'ts a new look?

Saying that just because Secret Wars isn't in the comics so the suit can't be black is like saying Peter didn't meet MJ first so she can't be in the first movie! Or Doctor Octopus can't have a wife because he didn't in the comics!

They could have the suit look like the traditional version if they wanted, and they coudl come up with a reasonable explanation. Say spidey's old threads get slashed. He wants a new design, the suit conforms to his thoughts. Bang, symbiote design. They were just lazy, and made it the original suit black. It's not being realistic, it's being lazy.

That doesn't make any sense. It looked like it did in the comics for a reason. That reason is not in the movie. It makes no sense to have it look like it did in the comics. Peter made his costume the way it looks, why would he change it? Why all black in the film. There is no reason, or need.

Lazy? That's rediculous. It costs a lot more to make the suit black with the webbing than just black. How could it be lazy, it's not like they would have to make new designs. It's already designed. All black suit, end of story. It's not lazy, it's a compromise. In reality, the symbiote would probably look just like his regular costume red and blue, Sam Raimi compromised on the issue and made the regular costume black. Your argument is not valid. There is no reason Peter would want his costume to look like it did in the comics.

matthooper said:
That doesn't make any sense. It looked like it did in the comics for a reason. That reason is not in the movie. It makes no sense to have it look like it did in the comics. Peter made his costume the way it looks, why would he change it? Why all black in the film. There is no reason, or need.

Lazy? That's rediculous. It costs a lot more to make the suit black with the webbing than just black. How could it be lazy, it's not like they would have to make new designs. It's already designed. All black suit, end of story. It's not lazy, it's a compromise. In reality, the symbiote would probably look just like his regular costume red and blue, Sam Raimi compromised on the issue and made the regular costume black. Your argument is not valid. There is no reason Peter would want his costume to look like it did in the comics.

Excuse me but I would like to just let you know that his and every other persons view/argument on the look the Venom costume is valid. Just because you do not agree with it does not mean that you must be correct and everyone else is wrong.

And besides if Sam thinks what he did was a compromise he needn't have bothered because Venom being basically a black spidey with fangs is one of the worst design ideas since nipples on the bat suit.

wolfsfang said:
Excuse me but I would like to just let you know that his and every other persons view/argument on the look the Venom costume is valid. Just because you do not agree with it does not mean that you must be correct and everyone else is wrong.

And besides if Sam thinks what he did was a compromise he needn't have bothered because Venom being basically a black spidey with fangs is one of the worst design ideas since nipples on the bat suit.

i like your version of the black suit much more than the one in the movie.

then again, the movie hasn't even been released, the teaser image could be of spidey's early days with the suit.

wolfsfang said:

You keep thinking that everyone's opinion is valid and right. Living in Fantasyland must be fun.

matthooper said:
You keep thinking that everyone's opinion is valid and right. Living in Fantasyland must be fun.

Everyone's opinion is valid because they are just that...an opinion. You seem to be mistaken opinion for fact but they are two different things entirely.

Opinions are not facts they are just a persons feelings about a particular subject thereby making them valid, they might be stupid sometimes, but still valid and cannot be wrong.

Facts are truths that cannot be denied so people can give invalid ones which are wrong.

Simple really.

My opinion is that what I have heard of the new look of Venom is crap.

^That is a valid opinion ^

In the comics Venom is very big with no raised webbing

^That is a valid fact ^

See the difference. One is a persons feelings..the other is a fact.

Please learn to distinguish the difference

o·pin·ion

1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
5. Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

fact

1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
1. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
2. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
3. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact.

In the comics Eddie Brock shouldn't have had the white spider on him when he first got the suit.I wish they would have done that so when they did it in the ultimate comic it wouldn't have looked out of place.I Venom not having the spider but then they ruined that in the game by putting it on him once he got control of the suit.

Hey,matthooper

why would you get bothered about someone saying something that isnt true. This is a message board, what gets said here is irrelevant. Stop being so uppity and come back down to earth.

matthooper said:

ahh...you obviously didn't read my entire post. Saying that you can't have the symbiote look like it did in the comics is a poor excuse why? Simply because of this,

Because the comic reason isn't in the movie DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN'T HAPPEN.

You do NOT have to have the secret wars plot to have the symbiote's original design in the movie. The symbiote can change it's apperance from peter's thoughts, it's not inconcievable that he could just want a new look. The symbiote affects his personality, so as Peter's personality gradualy gets darker, he could decide he wants a darker look. He thinks up a design, and voila, there's your traditional symbiote design.

In case you haven't noticed, the movies have done LOTS of things that weren't in the comics. Sony doesn't need it to be in the comics to do it. As I've said, Doc Ock being a nice guy with a wife NOT in the comics. Norman in a Armored suit NOT in the comics. Peter meeting MJ before Gwen, NOT in the comics. Just because they can't have the COMIC reason in there does not mean you can't have it in the movie plain and simple.

Everything in the movies also doesn't have a full reason. Why does Peter's original costume look like an expert hollywood costume team designed it? In the comics it didn't, yet it's still in there. The movies aren't the comics.

And yes it is lazy, they used the same design for the original costume and painted it black. Now, I understand Rami's angle, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, and it doesn't make it inventive. It simply makes it look like the creative team didn't want to spend the time to come up with another design.

Doesn't Spidey have the black costume in Ultimate Spidey with white logo and no Spider-Woman to give an explanation for this design choice?

wolfsfang said:
Doesn't Spidey have the black costume in Ultimate Spidey with white logo and no Spider-Woman to give an explanation for this design choice?

yup.

Infinity9999x said:

Which just shows that Spider-Woman is not really neccessary to explain why he has a large white symbol

Uh we don't even know what the black suit looks like.

the teaser image could be at a certain point in the movie where spidey didnt know how to control the suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"