What's the average lifespan of a SHH poster?

I plan on sticking around til I get bored with you people, or I'm banned for saying something stupid.

I plan on sticking around til I get bored with you people, or I'm banned for saying something stupid.

Penguinsbanned.gif

around a month... but reading you guys since 2004...

I remember the original Spiderman Hype look, but I didn't join the forums at that point. I waited until before X2 came out because I think I wanted to look at screen caps from the trailer or something :D

I'll be here until the summer, then I'll probably be spending my free time outside, getting a tan.

I remember the original Spiderman Hype look, but I didn't join the forums at that point. I waited until before X2 came out because I think I wanted to look at screen caps from the trailer or something :D

I'll be here until the summer, then I'll probably be spending my free time outside, getting a tan.

What is a tan?
What is outside?

I've been here since fall of 2005 right when X-Men: The Last Stand information was picking up.

Since then I've just grown to like some of the people and stuck around. Don't post much outside of certain forums/threads.

As for how long I'll stay? I have no fricking clue.

According to Erzengel's SHH Class thread, the average lifespan of an active SHH poster is about 3 years 1 month and 17 days. The average lifespan of a SHH poster is probably a very small fraction of that.

I'm guessing about a few weeks.

ive been here since 04 but got banned and came back, and got banned again.

My message board lifespan seems to be about 18 months before I get bored and move on. Saying that, this is a much bigger board than any of the others I've been on, so there is more to keep me interested.

I see some ppl on here have been here a while (back before SM 1 opened). I myself was a member back then too but got banned, then re joined some time later.

My question is how long do you intend to keep posting here? Until your 40, 50...?

I think the average lifespan for most members is about 4-6 years, if that. I know some members that don't post here anymore, and have moved on with their life..but for some of you..the ones that have been here since around 2001 when the Hype was just Spiderman Hype. Don't you feel kinda pathetic being here that long, and not..well, growing up...?

I was an adult when I joined the Hype. I intend to be like Stan Lee and still enjoying comics when I get to retirement age.

I don't feel pathetic about it at all, I think it's pathetic to give up dreaming and imagining. :csad: It's truly sad that you believe you have to give up the "fun" things to "grow up". Growing up isn't about giving up having fun, it's about learning how to share fun and laughter with the folks around you. Here on the Hype I can share my silliness with folks who (mostly) appreciate it. And if you don't appreciate my silliness, well, then I'm just going to have to take you to my "Danger Room" and experiment with my whips for a while. ;)

:D well... there's your standard basic horse whip, then there's the cat o' nine tails, then there are a few others with interesting modifications out of them or made out of "nonstandard" materials... I even have a licorice whip ;)

Licorice? ooooh....

I shouldn't be having thoughts like the ones I'm currently having in a college library. Not when this computer is in the section between child development and religious studies.

*lol* trust me, I hear you... I had to make sure the locks on my "Danger Room" were out of the reach of a 2 year old full of curiosity, and that the keys always remain on my person (and sometimes it's hard to figure out where to put them in some of the outfits I wear) ;)

*lol* trust me, I hear you... I had to make sure the locks on my "Danger Room" were out of the reach of a 2 year old full of curiosity, and that the keys always remain on my person (and sometimes it's hard to figure out where to put them in some of the outfits I wear) ;)

Its days like this that I wish we had a bigger place and more cash. We have a drawer in our bedroom. We had to put clothes in the top of it when my sister came to stay.

Ladies! :ghost: Dangit ... I wander into this thread and :ghost: now the whips are out ...

:)

I'll never leave. You can't take the girl of the Hype, but you can't get the Hype out of the girl. :)

3 years almost 4... first username... why havn't I become a mod yet?

3 years almost 4... first username... why havn't I become a mod yet?

I've seen your pics...I don't think you've reached the right paleness level to become a mod yet. The only exception is M. Night Shyadoglipsman.

That being said, as long as people are talking about whips, danger rooms and licorice I don't have the slightest inkling to leave this place.

this is the first forums, i joined so it will always have a soft spot

i've been here for just over five years and for a good while it was just for the fan art board but that place has now basiclly went all to hell so i rarely post there any more

one of the longest remaining posters and still hardly known

Don't you feel kinda pathetic being here that long, and not..well, growing up...?
Maybe I was raised wrong, but I've never understood this idea that if you watch 2 hours of TV, you're normal, if you go to see a 2 hour movie, you're quite cool and fine, if you read a book or magazine for 2 hours you're the man, if you listen to the radio for 2 hours you're rad, if you play a video game for 2 hours you're a good ol' guy, but if you enjoy a message board for 2 hours you're a loser. :huh:

The Hype is often much more entertaining than TV or a bad movie or reading the paper and doing the crossword puzzle. Everybody likes to be entertained. Some prefer interactive entertainment.
Why the big stigma?

Yes, there are people like GAH, but you'll find GAH's in every time-passer.
There are utter subhuman freaks who are so obsessed with movies that they have no friends and build their lives around film festival schedules (as seen in the excellent documentary "Cinemania" which I reccomend).
And, George Clooney loves films, sees every new movie that comes out, and he has a great life and is swimming in cosmic poon....

And what is "grown up"?
Some of the most respected and envied "grown up"s on Earth spend all their time hitting balls with sticks, and playing catch, and trying to throw a ball through a hoop. :huh:
Is Stan Lee a victim of arrested development because he has white pubes and still constantly talks about a guy with Spider powers that he made up over forty years ago?

Same reason I don't get these "guilty pleasure" threads.
On your death bed, who cares? No matter how you choose to spend your fleeting time on Earth, you're still gonna die. Might as well enjoy doing whatever it is that you enjoy. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"