What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shining. 9.2/10

Looper (2012)

Still holds up as one of my favourites of 2012. Lately, for some reason or another, I've really become invested in world building in films, so the amount of detail put into a contained story such as this really blew me away.

Of course, the very interesting thing is, The Rainmaker of the future isn't necessarily a flat out bad guy as he's only wiping out killers and gangsters. Joe's wife is collateral damage and Old Joe seeks to undo everything The Rainmaker has done right simply out of blind rage and a desire to save one life. There's material for a whole other movie here. A movie about a man risking the good of the many for the safety of one person and whether he's being noble or selfish.

Though I would kill for a movie about Bruce Willis trying to stop a maniacal fascist Professor X.

Django. Loved it, but could have made it without Mr 70 years old "MF snakes on this MF plane", that was just too much over the top.

Dreadful, lots of stock footage of jets used over and over, action edited by someone who is cross-eyed, gratuitous nudery, action shots reused within the same scene, two leads that can't even shoot their prop guns properly, waving them around like they are 5 years old, a plot with no logic and Catherine Bell with just 2 lines....complete and utter fail. 0/10

Macao (1952)

Dreamcatcher (2003)

qCaw8Vl.jpg

Promised Land

It's a incredible well put together film, which isn't surprising since it's Matt Dameon and Gus Van Sant. What's really interesting was the manipulating that goes on throughout the film. The relationship between Damon and McDormand is what I really enjoyed from the film as two corporate sales people.
9/10

J9uRg7H.jpg

Robot & Frank

I had so much joy watching Frank Langella and especially the robot. It had a lot of great humor and the drama side of it was pretty good. The scenes where Frank was rejecting this helper robot and seeing how it turns around was pretty wonderful. It's films like these that go under the radar that you wished it was more talked about.
9/10

Robot & Frank

I had so much joy watching Frank Langella and especially the robot. It had a lot of great humor and the drama side of it was pretty good. The scenes where Frank was rejecting this helper robot and seeing how it turns around was pretty wonderful. It's films like these that go under the radar that you wished it was more talked about.
9/10

This made me check out the trailer, it looks great and that is Michael Emmerson voicing the robot right?

Peter Sarsgaard does the voice, every scene with the Robot and Frank was simply amazing.

Captain America: The First Avenger.

Almost a couple years later and I still can't decide what I really think about it.

Last edited:
Star+Wars+Theatrical+Posters+Around+The+World+in+1977+(12).jpg

My favorite movie of all time. 10/10

Django. Loved it, but could have made it without Mr 70 years old "MF snakes on this MF plane", that was just too much over the top.

What? Next to Waltz, he was my favorite of the film.

The Long Kiss Goodnight.

11166734_det.jpg

Just watched it for the first time a few minutes ago. Amazing. Loved it.

What? Next to Waltz, he was my favorite of the film.
Meh, he was too much for me. Took away any real investment I had in the film. After he came around, any sense of a serious story was gone, and the action and humor was all that was left.

Red_Heat.jpg

6/10

A truly middling 1980's Schwarzenegger star vehicle. Neither among his best nor his worst. I hadn't seen this since it was released in 1988 and now I understand why. Totally forgettable. That 6/10 rating is if you're an Arnie fan. Worth a look see but don't get your hopes up for anything exceptional. Otherwise for everyone else it'd be a 5/10.

The Grey- I'll take this over Taken 1 or 2 with Neeson any day.

Public Enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"