What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
STyBIO6.jpg

Oblivion

This was absolutely incredible both visually and story wise. Joseph Kosinski knows how to create worlds and mythologies. Tom Cruise really go into the character which was definitely needed since the movie was being carried on his shoulders. Olga Kurylenko did a fine job and can give you a sense of hope in the film but Andrea Riseborough overshadows her. She was almost a show stealer and Morgan Freeman is Morgan Freeman which is always good and kicked some ass. While there was a lot of zen like pace (which I really dug), there was a pretty good amount of action from the ruthless drones to the scavs. For a 2 hour movie it felt much longer yet I never felt bored or tried by it. The twists in the movie is something I can see why some people aren't clamoring with the film... because it's tropes some people have seen and or read before but I can't knock it for that because it worked very well. The film wanted to be a scifi from the 60s/70s it damn sure delivered. I really want to see it again and the IMAX screening was fun, it filled the entire screen for the entire time.
9.5/10

The Departed

Savages
For a 2 hour film, you'd expect the suspense to be spread like butter across toast, trying to cover each corner, but what you get here is a tad bit of butter slopped in the middle. Now eat your dry toast

Miami Connection
Miami Connection is too funny to miss out on. Grab some friends and prepare yourself for a damn good time. FRIENDS FOREVER!

009 Re: Cyborg
Cyborg 009 has a rich history; beginning in 1968 as a Manga I believe. The 2012 animation fails to provide any backstory for newcomers like me. I left feeling highly disappointed because no matter what these characters did, I didn't know them. I had no idea where and how they got to this point in the film.

Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney is simply too long. 2hr and 15 min? Come' on, so much could've been cut. The long ride is an unbalanced one too. The comedy is over the top, and the drama is deep. There's no middle ground.

Dr Strangelove Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The comedy went right over my head with Dr. Strangelove with exception of the great Peter Sellers and George C. Scott who made me laugh at parts. Gilbert Taylor's cinematography is beautiful – definitely the main attraction for me.

Oblivion2013Poster.jpg

6/10

It's like the ultimate Tom Cruise movie, leather jackets, bikes and running.

Last edited:
The Dark Knight Rises. I get more and more annoyed by it every time I see it. Didn't even finish it this time.

The Dark Knight Rises. I get more and more annoyed by it every time I see it. Didn't even finish it this time.
I haven't watched it in its entirety since I saw it in theaters, but the more I think about it, the more my opinion of it starts to drop.

Same here. I watch the trailers every once in a while and I think "wtf happened? Here it was good. Over there not so good. Here good. There bad. wtf!?!? Nolan!"

I've watched it six times and every time it gets worse. The other two I still love, but my respect for Nolan has waned since TDKR.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (for the second time)

8/10

'The Color of Money'

Damn I miss Paul Newman.

Silver Linings Playbook. Not as good as I last remembered.

Same here. I watch the trailers every once in a while and I think "wtf happened? Here it was good. Over there not so good. Here good. There bad. wtf!?!? Nolan!"

I've watched it six times and every time it gets worse. The other two I still love, but my respect for Nolan has waned since TDKR.
To fans a director is only as good as their last film.

A throwback to the R-rated action movies of the 90's and a damn fun one. 7.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"