FantasticFourRiseoftheSilverSurfer.jpg

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Thor: The Dark World. Better than I remember but still not all that great

Thor: The Dark World

Ender's Game

Cowboys & Aliens

ezbyi95.jpg

The Raid 2

I would never thought Gareth Evans would out do his original film, but he did it in spades. It's easily one of the best or probably THE best action/martial arts/whatever film ever made. He really stepped up his game in terms of directing and cinematography. He pretty much took his original concept and open the box to the outside world and combined it with a bunch of classic type action films. Imagine a combination of Departed/Infernal Affairs + Die Hard + any number of classic yakuza films + Bruce Lee's Game of Death + any fighting video game characters + Car chase from Ronin + the violence of The Raid. For a 2 and a half hour movie, no scene was wasted, nothing really dragged. What the Raid 2 have that the original didn't have was build up, the movie starts off pretty tamed and it just escalates and escalates. Hammer Girl, Bat Boy, and the Assassin were incredible, they are like video game characters that came to life and I mean that in the best possible way. They kicked ass. Iko Uwais as Rama really brought in the humanity side of it more so than the first one. This is the movie you don't want to miss this year or in your life.
10/10

b7kDSkT.jpg

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Saw it again and it still rocks...
9.5/10

0XvVsxw.jpg

Fargo
Finally after all these years I finally sat through the entire thing. I loved it. There's a reason why it's a classic and dat William H Macy, Steve Buscemi, and Peter Stormare were all great.

9/10

Last edited:
Sinister (2012)

AAx8NfP.jpg

The Lives of Others (2006)

26oy8Xr.jpg

Reservoir Dogs (1992)

D7fit7b.jpg

The Last Stand (2013)

WgO61Db.jpg

Byzantium (2012)

owufz3E.jpg

The Frozen Ground (2013)

PRMK3TE.jpg

The Aviator (2004)

hG8mG3H.jpg

Escape Plan (2013)

NtcrNgK.jpg

Cop Land (1997)

DAcf7gp.jpg

The Call (2013)

0rXhGUg.jpg

I recently had a bad 80's slasher minifestival watching The Slumber Party Massacre 1-3. They are every bit as cheesy and 1980's as you can imagine.

Captain America: Winter Soldier
9/10
So f****ing good. Best Marvel movie IMO.

Captain america the winter soldier

9ea36d0b.jpg

Finally saw this movie after hearing all the praise. Insanity; pure insanity. This is hands down the best action film I've seen in recent memory. To be honest, it might have edged out Hard Boiled as my favorite - although that could change after I see The Raid 2. I cannot wait to find out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back