What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

5/10

Solid thriller with a great setting and Jessica Lange chewing scenery like she hasn't eaten for a year. 7/10

Escape Plan 2 (@home) : oh boy it was bad.
Solo (@theater) : mediocre (but still better than the PT combined)

For a Few Dollars More (1965)

For_a_Few_Dollars_More-ita-poster.jpg

HEXN7RX.jpg

Tag

I thought it was just okay, but some of the jokes fell flat. It definitely lazy after seeing Game Night. I will say though out of the whole cast, Isla Fisher seems like she was having a lot of fun. It's a shame the trailer spoiled most of the best parts. Overall, it's just average.
6/10

BZ8aQiC.jpg

Incredibles 2

I was really expecting another Finding Dory with this, but surprisingly enough it's really good. It does a decent job of moving the plot forward instead of repeating the same beats from the last movie. Whenever the plot deals with the family and their problems, it's where the movie really works. A lot of the jokes and dialogue were great. Thankfully most of the movie deals with the family because the villain is not only predictable, but it's almost nonexistent. When the final big action set scene happens, it becomes kinda played out. That being said, overall it's a solid sequel that mostly delivers of what people want out of the Incredibles.
9/10

jQt3zhN.jpg

Tyler Perry's Acrimony

giphy.gif

There's a lot of bad movies out there, but there are few that pushes the envelope of what makes a great bad movie. This is probably the most wild movie I've seen this year. It's got all the ingredients of a bad soap opera rolled into one. Imagine if Tommy Wiseau made a Tyler Perry movie. It's filled with absurd moments between characters that don't act like real people. There's so many unintentionally funny moments that RiffTrax would have a field day with it. Overall, if you love really bad movies, don't miss this.
2/10

Documentary film....

Ferrari 312B: Where the Revolution Begins with my Dad for Father's Day as my present to him.

The background story to the restoration and entry to Monte Carlo 'classic' Grand Prix for this car dating back to the 60's & 70's.

My Dad is a huge Grand Prix, classic car & motor bike enthusiast so got it for him for Father's Day.

He has macular degeneration so his eyesight is extremely poor and so a film that was 90% in Italian and relied upon subtitles in English which 'flashed' across the screen very quickly was (in hindsight & not knowing that the lack of contributors speaking English was so low in number) a bad decision on my behalf to get for him. I got a Ferrari history blu-ray for him, which worked so much better in terms of the 'split'.

Ended up with a running commentary from me on what was being said. However Dad loved it, with the history and restoration angle, which was very well done.

For me, 6/10 for content, 10/10 for being able to share it with my pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"