The Dark Knight Rises Which Bat-Character Rachel McAdams should play?

warren_sparta27 said:
i could see her playing barbara gordon/ batgirl. orcale, pretty much, i just want to see her in a tight batgirl costume :p

Rachel's too old for Batgirl. She's turning 30 this year (hard to believe because she looks so much younger).

BatmanBale said:
Vicki Vale
if ur gonna bring back one of the old love interests bring back selina kyle (no catwoman). for someone new talia (we dont need any ties for ra's).

frankly the only person i could see rachel playing is barbara gordon (no batgirl), but not for these movies. shed be too old and bruce is still too young

Sogmot1969 said:
I love Jamie Pressley, but I can't see her playing the serious side of Harley...she looks too much like a fratgirl on acid all the
isnt that what harley is- a nutcase? we dont need to see harleen quinzel. these movies are focusing on batman's development no the villians.

javi1024 said:
isnt that what harley is- a nutcase? we dont need to see harleen quinzel. these movies are focusing on batman's development no the villians.

But Harley is not Harley without the story. One of the best things about her character is that she demonstrates just how twisted the Joker is, so twisted that he was able to completly manipulate a young innocent psycologist intern.

but unless telling her backstory somehow progresses the plot of the story theres not point in telling it. joker can bring it up to batman like "you know its funny how a few hours with me can turn even one of the most respectable pchyologists into a loon as well". there would be no purpose to take it farther than that.

javi1024 said:
if ur gonna bring back one of the old love interests bring back selina kyle (no catwoman). for someone new talia (we dont need any ties for ra's).

frankly the only person i could see rachel playing is barbara gordon (no batgirl), but not for these movies. shed be too old and bruce is still too young

Bale is 30 in the movie but in real life he's 32. McAdams is 30 so how is she old for Bale?

No Barbara Gordon should be in her teens or 20s.

Again, if you're talking Barbara Gordon, the former Batgirl current Oracle, I say the woman needs to be...

Barbara Gordon, is touchy, you have to get a strong red-head (or woman that will look good as a red head). Yes you want young but not to young for Babsy, say 19-24

No blonde hair Barbara Pennyworth, aside from that if they finally say yes let's have us a Batgirl named Barbara Gordon in the movies, just like the comics have! They will not even look at Rachel McAdams the dear woman will be ancient to them by that point, so they will look, and look for a woman that will play the Batgirl to the best of her ablility.

Now again, Rachel as Harley is a decent choice, pretty good actually, but you need the crazy part of her, and yes this current Batman franchise focuses on Bruce/Bats. Rogues are important in any CBB film, (comic book based). So even though our story is focused on the "hero" the audience needs to understand the "villain" as well, otherwise you have lost sheep.

We are comic folk we undersand the heroes, villians and all other characters. But to those again who have never even heard of a Batman or Joker, it needs to be explained.

Two Face said:
Bale is 30 in the movie but in real life he's 32. McAdams is 30 so how is she old for Bale?
what i meant was batman is still young in his career and he doesnt/shouldnt start taking in young partners until hes more experienced and more of that legendary appeal for people like barbara to idolize him. i think thats one of reasons batgirl in B&R was so bad. she moves in the house, find the batcave, and she likes "hey if uncle alfred made me costume(???), might as well become a crime fighter".

and what i meant by rachel is too old, was i think gordon has one or two children in Begins and theyre like under 10. i see barbara/batgirl being somewhere around 18-19.

Yup yup....in Batman Begins you saw Gordon's kids right before he was taking out the trash..and even though you didn't see a close up..you did not see one even close to being a teenager. So it would take a while like javi1024 said before Batman could/should take in Batgirl in the film. If they changed the story too much or did a different Batgirl to show first that would just suck. Besides, we should see Robin before Batgirl anyway.

Is Dawes even supposed to be in the sequel?

McAdams as Harley. I would rather see Anne Hathaway as Vicki Vale.

Bullseye said:
Is Dawes even supposed to be in the sequel?

Holmes is still pregnant. But after she does give birth, theres talk she may or may not quit acting to be a stay at home mother. If it does happen, maybe Talia would fill in that spot as Bruces new love interest. Even if its been said that the whole Al Ghul connection is done with.

Silver St. Cloud wouldn't be that bad either, Jett once said she'd be great to have back when Isla Fisher was in the mix...

Still love the sound of the rumor that Depp and Weisz would be in the sequel presumably as Joker and Talia.

Oh God, no. Katie will NOT most certainly should not be playing the beautiful Talia that would be the greatest insult to the character herself! By Krypton, you've gone mad. If anyone is going to play Talia, let's fine someone with better acting skills dear Lord, Talia is a refined woman not a girl you pick up out of the gutter next to Tom Cruise.

MinNoir said:
Oh God, no. Katie will NOT most certainly should not be playing the beautiful Talia that would be the greatest insult to the character herself! By Krypton, you've gone mad. If anyone is going to play Talia, let's fine someone with better acting skills dear Lord, Talia is a refined woman not a girl you pick up out of the gutter next to Tom Cruise.
what are u talkin about? nobody said katie should play talia? shes already rachel dawes and no one in hollywood is dumb enough to cast the same person for two major roles in the same series.

well they cast the same guy for Ducard and Ra's didn't they?

Maybe Rachel is a plant. Ra's knew what Bruce would become and put his daughter in his company as a sleeper agent to pre-empt it.

Okay that's a tad absurd.

Well, we know Talia exists in the Batman Begins realm........but it cannot be Rachel. If it were her, then they'd just **** up the entire relationship between Talia-Bruce-Ra's.

Btw......Ra's is the MAJOR character......Ducard is not.

Ronny Shade said:
well they cast the same guy for Ducard and Ra's didn't they?

Maybe Rachel is a plant. Ra's knew what Bruce would become and put his daughter in his company as a sleeper agent to pre-empt it.

Okay that's a tad absurd.

yeah, he put his 8 year old daughter in as a sleeper agent, because he someehow knew this 8 year old kid would grow up to be a crimefighter, even before his parents death. Then he had her live out her entire life under this false identity. I'd say it's more than a tad absurd.

Bullseye said:
Still love the sound of the rumor that Depp and Weisz would be in the sequel presumably as Joker and Talia.

Talia is still in the mix with Leslie Thompkins showing up respectfully, along with Harleen Quizel. It wasn't exactly confirmed which of the three would actually make it, only that out those characters still had a shot at appearing.

Depp is to much of a big name, and Jett stated the role of Joker would not go to someone with that high standard.

I don't know, I just always thougt they should have a big name actor for Joker.

Bullseye said:
I don't know, I just always thougt they should have a big name actor for Joker.

Now that Weaving is out, we're left with Bettany and Hulme again.

Well, whomever they pick, will be just fine with me.

It's getting to the point where I don't really care who is chosen to be cast as what character; including all comic films for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"