Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daddario is too old to play Kate Bishop anyway. I'd love to see her in the MCU at some point, but not as Kate Bishop.

I guess I was basing that one too much on looks. Didn't think about the age, sadly.

Abudefduf said:
I don't think there's any doubt that Strahovski could play a convincing action heroine, I'd actually really wouldn't mind if she joined the MCU in some way.
But!, can she play Carol Danvers, hot-headed high-ranking officer of the Air Force with charisma and sense of humor to spare? That's my biggest question, right up there with "Who am I" and "Why am I here".

And Daddario as Kate Bishop, come on. I'll make my life mission to piss in Feige's cereals every morning for the rest of my life if something like that ever happens.

Yvonne can easily do humour, and she definitely has charisma. She had it in spades in Chuck, and generally.

Yvonne can easily do humour, and she definitely has charisma. She had it in spades in Chuck, and generally.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess some people saw Chuck and didn't think she was charming, but I'm thinking they must have been blind or dead.

EDIT: I didn't mean to be insulting to people who didn't think Ivanka (Yvonne) charming. I just disagree.

As far as female roles in the Dr. Strange stories (old thread is closed), my favorite was probably Umar. She's the sister of Dormammu and only slightly less powerful; a very formidable foe.

Last edited:
Loki882 said:
The point is, Heath had a reputation as a "nice guy" who played "nice guy" roles, and they cast him to play this psychotic villain. And, to quote his Joker "everyone started losing their minds" and pre-judging. Because "he'd never proven that he could play a role like that."
It's a different situation with Strahovski. She has played similar-ish roles before. That's why she's a popular pick. Why some are against casting her is not because they believe she can't play the type but because they believe she is underqualified.

And it's not that Yvonne can "secretly" demonstrate the ability to play this role if people looked hard enough or gave her the chance. She has done it already and it's no secret.

Sarah Walker is basically Carol Danvers before she got her powers. She was a CIA agent and a trained pilot. Shaw addressed her once as "Captain Walker" as she took remote control of that airplane. Hmm, sounds like Captain Marvel.

Here she is in a domino mask:

ac227ecc5f1a4da3cd4ca3e70d04eb42.jpg

Sarah Walker is basically Carol Danvers before she got her powers. She was a CIA agent and a trained pilot. Shaw addressed her once as "Captain Walker" as she took remote control of that airplane. Hmm, sounds like Captain Marvel.

Here she is in a domino mask:

ac227ecc5f1a4da3cd4ca3e70d04eb42.jpg

Never thought of it like that. I'm not 100% sure she could carry the movie, but who knows.

She's perfect.

If you mean jaw droppingly gorgeous, I agree.

So here is a different question then. Is there an actress that if she were chosen would make you say 'absolutely not watching this movie'? Whether the actress could realistically be chosen is besides the point.

Jennifer Lawrence, Kate McKinnon, Katherine Heigl, Lady Gaga, any supermodel or any MMA fighter
But I trust in Marvel that none of those terrible options will be considered

So here is a different question then. Is there an actress that if she were chosen would make you say 'absolutely not watching this movie'? Whether the actress could realistically be chosen is besides the point.

I don't think so. Lady Gaga.....lol. I want to see it way too bad and have faith in Marvel and their casting so I think I'd give it a shot no matter what. Heigl would definitely give me some pause, but I'm pretty sure I'd say "What the frell. I'm gonna go see it anyway."

How about Rachel Nichols as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel? She can definitely do action especially if you have watched her in GI Joe: Rise of Cobra or how about Katie Cassidy? Diane Kruger she is another pick for Captain Marvel for someone who is a big name sort of but she is kind of lesser known and then there's Alice Eve she's not as well known

Yay! Someone else likes Rachel. She's still my top choice especially now that Continuum was cancelled.

Not a big fan of any of the others for the role, though. All are a little shorter than I'd like, and only Katie has any action/fight/stunt experience that I know of, but she's already on a DC show.

Yvonne Strahovski would also be a good choice.

I'd also pick Gemma Atkinson way before Kate Upton.

I'm still rooting for Abbie Cornish myself. Does Danvers really need to be of a certain age either? Wouldn't mind if Yvonne Strahovski gets a shot too although she'll have to prove herself quite significantly seeing as we've mostly seen her in the TV environment. Even if she does get the role, I could definitely see her making appearances in Jessica Jones if they ever go that route.

Katee Sackhoff

I really suspect someone like Olivia Wilde will get it. That is like my prediction. There will be a lot of fanboy posturing because their crush didn't get the role or some unknown blonde chick from GoT, but then she ends up crushing it.

As long as she gets good reviews for her performance I'm watching the movie even if they cast a MMA fighter or a wrestler.

Last edited:
I'M SHOCKED! Said no one.

But seriously, this is exciting. Like, a legit casting rumor, people. Finally. And a good one at that!

She's a fantastic actress, no doubt; not sure I see Carol when I look at her, though.

Still, would be a brilliant get for Marvel, and I'm sure she'd be great.

Brie Larson would work for me.

I mean, she's a coup and it's great to see Marvel splashing the $$$ but she's far from my top pick if they were going for bigger names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"