Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My top choice if they do go "young." She would be excellent (and a plus for the "buzz," she almost certainly about to be an Oscar-winner). :up:

The buzz would be huge.

I hope she does win. I'm not really one for awards but that performance was one of the most moving I've experienced in years. Consider me a huge fan :up:

Last edited:
Carol wasn't 40 years old when she got infused with Kree DNA, nor was she 40 when she rose through the ranks of the Air force.. That's the difference between her and Stark/RDJ. I'd say she's a lot more comparable to Chris Evans, Chris Phratt and Chris Hemsworth than RDJ.

Emily Blunt and Rosamund Pike would both be great choices imo.

Wait, why would Tony Stark be 40 either?

I will be disappointed in the casting if it IS an actress under 30. I need to believe in Carol as someone with some seasoning on her, which other heroes would listen to. Unless we are talking phenomenally talented that is a rare thing, a commanding presence, to find with actresses in their twenties.

But then, no offense, I find any teenagers or 20 year old's opinion on age to be a bit hard to take seriously, especially when it comes to women's age and age appropriateness for roles.

I will be disappointed in the casting if it IS an actress under 30. I need to believe in Carol as someone with some seasoning on her, which other heroes would listen to. Unless we are talking phenomenally talented that is a rare thing, a commanding presence, to find with actresses in their twenties.

But then, no offense, I find any teenagers or 20 year old's opinion on age to be a bit hard to take seriously, especially when it comes to women's age and age appropriateness for roles.
I generally agree. I just find Larson to be one of the rare exceptions of her age group that would have the gravitas necessary to pull it off.

She definitely has that is spades. Not even debatable if you've seen her in Room.

Why is that?

Why is that?

Because without actual life experience and a slanted world view courtesy of youth they view a woman in their forties as "too old" but give a pass to men in that same age range and when questioned about such logic invariably fall back on "it's just different for men" which is fallacious clap trap. There is no reason that so very many of the MCU heroes are filled with men that first did the role in their 40's but it's totally out of line to cast YOUTHFUL LOOKING actresses that are in shape in the same age for some reason that has little to actually back it up with.

Because without actual life experience and a slanted world view courtesy of youth they view a woman in their forties as "too old" but give a pass to men in that same age range and when questioned about such logic invariably fall back on "it's just different for men" which is fallacious clap trap. There is no reason that so very many of the MCU heroes are filled with men that first did the role in their 40's but it's totally out of line to cast YOUTHFUL LOOKING actresses that are in shape in the same age for some reason that has little to actually back it up with.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who they cast.

Still stand by my choices of Blunt and Pike, though.

To me, the ideal age is 35. But that means I'm not going to complain if they cast anyone 30-40 (keep in mind, though, that we're talking 2018, not 2016 for the age).

My main problem with Jessica Chastain is her age..
You're outta damn luck, Mr. Boseman! Harryoscorp wants you gone! Hey, we're still doing re-shoots, right? Get Will Smith's kid in here.

Maggie Smith is obviously too old but Chastain is only 38 and could play younger.

Maggie Smith is obviously too old but Chastain is only 38 and could play younger.

Yeah...I agree. I was just joking around to make a point....and that is....sure, age matters to a degree, but there are PLENTY of women in their mid-forties who can pull off a mid-thirties character.

Brie Larson's schedule seems pretty open for a (likely) soon to be Oscar winner. She has only one film in development. Wonder if she has at least been called by Marvel to keep her fall/winter schedule open. Unless she's just very selective.

Rosamund Pike on the other hand, has 4 upcoming films in preproduction and development.

Last edited:
Thing to note to those against the younger types is that Carol is a wunderkind type like a good deal of Marvel characters.

I'm not saying I prefer younger to older. I have some older choices I'd like to see. It's just I have choices that happen to be younger so we have to justify them picking a younger choice.

Brie Larson just won an Oscar.

Brie for Carol Denvers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS