Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with being one of the few whom likes Katherine Heigl but most people either dislike or hate her. She will never get the chance to lead a blockbuster. Her big screen career is virtually over.

I don't know if her career is over in Hollywood just yet. People have the tendency to forgive and move on if the actor gives some great interview and lands in a last chance movie that does well and said actor performs well. I actually like Heigl but then I don't know much about her persronel life and i've never heard of anything she's done in hollywood to piss people off. I guess if she's problematic as it appears to be based on what I've read here then Marvel should steer clear of her. She would fit Carol though.

I'm not really talking about her personal life. I'm talking about her publicly bad mouthing the writers of the television show that made her a television star and her publicly bad mouthing a movie that made her a movie star. I'm not saying she is a bad person as I don't know her but she sure didn't know how to not bite the hands that fed her. And I have no idea if she has stopped doing that. I definitely don't think she should be punished forever and I think the media should stop hounding her about it already.

Independent of her horrible image problems I don't dislike KH as an actress but I have not seen anything from her that points to her being able to carry a 150 million dollar blockbuster. All she has played in are terrible romantic comedies. Maybe I'm wrong and she'd be great but I'm skeptical because of her poor movie choices. I was on the KH train years ago but she never grew as an actress, she just kept playing in rom coms so eventually I gave up on her as an actress.

In Heigl's case there's also Hollywood double standards to take into consideration. Actressess who, in some shape or form, end up in what I call the career doghouse (due to a bad attitude, unsuccessful films etc) aren't extended the opportunity to comeback in the way their male counterparts are.

Downey Jr, Matthew Mcconaughey and Ben Affleck were all actors who'd at some point seemingly blown their potential yet were given the chance to redeem themselves. That same courtest doesn't extend to the women in the business.

Drew Barrymore was once very Robert Downey Jr-esque, Martha Stewart went to jail, plenty of female pop stars have had to mount a comeback of sorts (Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Paula Abdul) Lindsay Lohan has been given multiple chances to get her crap together, probably more than she should have.

I can't believe nobody has proposed Rachel Nichols yet. She's 5' 10", is 34 years old, looks the part, loves to do stuntwork/fights, and has played quite a few action/military oriented roles including Scarlet in GIJoe, future cop Keira Cameron on Continuum, FBI agent Rebecca Locke on The Inside, an agent on the TV show Alias, Agent Ashley Seaver on Criminal Minds, did some knife fighting in Conan, and fought Xena stuntwoman Zoe Bell in the movie Raze.
She's also from New England which is just an added plus because Carol is from Boston.

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/1855402/936full-rachel-nichols.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/moviehotties/images/news-gallery/orig/rachel-nichols-espys3.jpg

I hope it's ok to post the links.

Last edited:
I'd be okay with Rachel Nichols. I forgot about her.

Thor would probably sleep with her too.

I can't believe nobody has proposed Rachel Nichols yet. She's 5' 10", is 34 years old, looks the part, loves to do stuntwork/fights, and has played quite a few action/military oriented roles including Scarlet in GIJoe, future cop Keira Cameron on Continuum, FBI agent Rebecca Locke on The Inside, an agent on the TV show Alias, Agent Ashley Seaver on Criminal Minds, did some knife fighting in Conan, and fought Xena stuntwoman Zoe Bell in the movie Raze.
She's also from New England which is just an added plus because Carol is from Boston.

Not bad, i'd forgotten about her and she's a decent enough actress but will the studio trust her
to lead their first female superhero big budget movie? Shes an actress that has been under the radar and shes been in a couple of turkeys.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE inter=I SEE SPIDEY;30316711]I'm not really talking about her personal life. I'm talking about her publicly bad mouthing the writers of the television show that made her a television star and her publicly bad mouthing a movie that made her a movie star. I'm not saying she is a bad person as I don't know her but she sure didn't know how to not bite the hands that fed her. And I have no idea if she has stopped doing that. I definitely don't think she should be punished forever and I think the media should stop hounding her about it already.

Independent of her horrible image problems I don't dislike KH as an actress but I have not seen anything from her that points to her being able to carry a 150 million dollar blockbuster. All she has played in are terrible romantic comedies. Maybe I'm wrong and she'd be great but I'm skeptical because of her poor movie choices. I was on the KH train years ago but she never grew as an actress, she just kept playing in rom coms so eventually I gave up on her as an actress.[/QUOTE]

While I can agree that her film choices have been sub par to us but it seemed she had a large enough fan base that enjoyed her films. Even her film roles now withstanding i can see enough of her talent and attitude that she'd be a good fit for Carol.

So she bad mouthed so important people behind the scenes? I thought she was a horrible person to work with. Its easier to paint the public known figure in a bad light because of their fame then a power player who has clout but is unknown to the general public. Lets also remember that the 24/7 entertainment media needs stories and where is the fun in reporting
about some unknown exec or director or writer or producer who are also known to have egos and be hard @sses. Heck Bryan Singer had horror stories about him and how he was pretty crappy on set and pissing of the actors but yet no reporting on him because it's not interesting. From what I've read it seemed Heigl had some rumblings with what the people behind the scenes were doing and not so much as her being hard to work with. Anytime you question authority you're labled problematic. Not saying for certain this is the case with her but i can say its easier for her do to her fame to be painted the villain as opposed to an unknown and uninteresting director like Singer

Last edited:
The comments Heigl has made in the past were quite unprofessional, and she deserved the flack she got for them, imo.

I also don't think she has a remotely likable screen presence, which is part of the reason she's a terrible rom-com lead, so I don't think she'd be a good choice to lead a tentpole blockbuster either.

I think Heigl comes across as a bit of a ***** even when she's not specifically acting like one. I don't find her very likable. She's not someone I'd want for Carol.

I'd be okay with Rachel Nichols. I forgot about her.

Not bad. Not bad at all. I do have her in mind for the heavily rumoured Xena: Warrior Princess reboot, although she'll likely be considered too old for that if they're really aiming for "The Hunger Games" demographic.

I'd be pretty happy to see her as Carol Danvers. If they go with a smaller name for Carol, they could just use a bigger name for Mar-Vell (especially if it is a one off appearance as opposed to a nine picture deal).

Then again, at this stage, I don't think Marvel needs a "name" to sell any of their movies, even if the headline role. But, as a female superhero movie, they may want a "name" for extra security and marketability.

Hey guys, make sure to check out flickchick's message (stickied at the top of the subforum) about posting pictures. Basically, please refrain from posting set pics, paparazzi pics, and red carpet pics as strikes (that the SHH admins and mods have no control over, unfortunately) are being handed out lately for posting those. If you can, you can also edit previous posts that contains pics of that kind just to be safe as strikes were given for stuff posted a long time ago. Better safe than sorry!

[QUOTE inter=I SEE SPIDEY;30316711]I'm not really talking about her personal life. I'm talking about her publicly bad mouthing the writers of the television show that made her a television star and her publicly bad mouthing a movie that made her a movie star. I'm not saying she is a bad person as I don't know her but she sure didn't know how to not bite the hands that fed her. And I have no idea if she has stopped doing that. I definitely don't think she should be punished forever and I think the media should stop hounding her about it already.

Independent of her horrible image problems I don't dislike KH as an actress but I have not seen anything from her that points to her being able to carry a 150 million dollar blockbuster. All she has played in are terrible romantic comedies. Maybe I'm wrong and she'd be great but I'm skeptical because of her poor movie choices. I was on the KH train years ago but she never grew as an actress, she just kept playing in rom coms so eventually I gave up on her as an actress.

While I can agree that her film choices have been sub par to us but it seemed she had a large enough fan base that enjoyed her films. Even her film roles now withstanding i can see enough of her talent and attitude that she'd be a good fit for Carol.

So she bad mouthed so important people behind the scenes? I thought she was a horrible person to work with. Its easier to paint the public known figure in a bad light because of their fame then a power player who has clout but is unknown to the general public. Lets also remember that the 24/7 entertainment media needs stories and where is the fun in reporting
about some unknown exec or director or writer or producer who are also known to have egos and be hard @sses. Heck Bryan Singer had horror stories about him and how he was pretty crappy on set and pissing of the actors but yet no reporting on him because it's not interesting. From what I've read it seemed Heigl had some rumblings with what the people behind the scenes were doing and not so much as her being hard to work with. Anytime you question authority you're labled problematic. Not saying for certain this is the case with her but i can say its easier for her do to her fame to be painted the villain as opposed to an unknown and uninteresting director like Singer[/QUOTE]

Writers are not as powerful as the lead of a hit television show. She was being extremely rude and deserved the backlash she got at the time. She shouldn't have ever bad mouthed the writers on her show nor should she have bad mouthed the film that made her a star. She was always ungratefully whining about something at that time.

You can't let her off the hook just because double standards exist. Suppose she lands Captain Marvel and it's a hit well liked film but she bad mouths it. You think Marvel should take that chance?

Last edited:
Am I missing something or are the percentages on the poll FUBAR???

Multiple Choices?? There can be only one......

Last edited:

about some unknown exec or director or writer or producer who are also known to have egos and be hard @sses. Heck Bryan Singer had horror stories about him and how he was pretty crappy on set and pissing of the actors but yet no reporting on him because it's not interesting. From what I've read it seemed Heigl had some rumblings with what the people behind the scenes were doing and not so much as her being hard to work with. Anytime you question authority you're labled problematic. Not saying for certain this is the case with her but i can say its easier for her do to her fame to be painted the villain as opposed to an unknown and uninteresting director like Singer

[/QUOTE]Writers are not as powerful as the lead of a hit television show. She was being extremely rude and deserved the backlash she got at the time. She shouldn't have ever bad mouthed the writers on her show nor should she have bad mouthed the film that made her a star. She was always ungratefully whining about something at that time.

You can't let her off the hook just because double standards exist. Suppose she lands Captain Marvel and it's a hit well liked film but she bad mouths it. You think Marvel should take that chance?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't cast her at all for the part. Bad reputation or no.

Last edited:
Hey guys, make sure to check out flickchick's message (stickied at the top of the subforum) about posting pictures. Basically, please refrain from posting set pics, paparazzi pics, and red carpet pics as strikes (that the SHH admins and mods have no control over, unfortunately) are being handed out lately for posting those. If you can, you can also edit previous posts that contains pics of that kind just to be safe as strikes were given for stuff posted a long time ago. Better safe than sorry!

pictures (like from movies etc) are okay to be posted yes? Like if Deadline posts a picture from the movie

I wouldn't cast her at all for the part. Bad reputation or no.

Same here. Even if she were fine to work with, I don't like Heigl in the part at all.

pictures (like from movies etc) are okay to be posted yes? Like if Deadline posts a picture from the movie
Yeah, anything that's been officially released by a studio is fine. The legal issues pertain to 3rd party/paparazzi photos.

Why are red carpet pics banned??? not understanding that one....

damn ginger haters... lol...jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"