Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel?

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by Tymminator, Oct 29, 2014.

?

Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel?

1. Katheryn Winnick

2. Jessica Chastain

3. Emily Blunt

4. Katee Sackhoff

5. Natalie Dormer

6. Yvonne Strahovski

7. Amber Heard

8. Romola Garai

9. Kate Winslet

10. Brie Larson

11. Rosamund Pike

12. Charlize Theron

13. Alice Eve

14. Margot Robbie

15. Teresa Palmer

16. Julia Benson

17. Elisha Cuthbert

18. Ronda Rousey

19. Gina Carano

20. Kate Hudson

21. Katheryn Winnick

22. Jessica Chastain

23. Emily Blunt

24. Katee Sackhoff

25. Natalie Dormer

26. Yvonne Strahovski

27. Amber Heard

28. Romola Garai

29. Kate Winslet

30. Brie Larson

31. Rosamund Pike

32. Charlize Theron

33. Alice Eve

34. Margot Robbie

35. Teresa Palmer

36. Julia Benson

37. Elisha Cuthbert

38. Ronda Rousey

39. Gina Carano

40. Kate Hudson

41. Katheryn Winnick

42. Jessica Chastain

43. Emily Blunt

44. Katee Sackhoff

45. Natalie Dormer

46. Yvonne Strahovski

47. Amber Heard

48. Romola Garai

49. Kate Winslet

50. Brie Larson

51. Rosamund Pike

52. Charlize Theron

53. Alice Eve

54. Margot Robbie

55. Teresa Palmer

56. Julia Benson

57. Elisha Cuthbert

58. Ronda Rousey

59. Gina Carano

60. Kate Hudson

61. Katheryn Winnick

62. Jessica Chastain

63. Emily Blunt

64. Katee Sackhoff

65. Natalie Dormer

66. Yvonne Strahovski

67. Amber Heard

68. Romola Garai

69. Kate Winslet

70. Brie Larson

71. Rosamund Pike

72. Charlize Theron

73. Alice Eve

74. Margot Robbie

75. Teresa Palmer

76. Julia Benson

77. Elisha Cuthbert

78. Ronda Rousey

79. Gina Carano

80. Kate Hudson

81. Katheryn Winnick

82. Jessica Chastain

83. Emily Blunt

84. Katee Sackhoff

85. Natalie Dormer

86. Yvonne Strahovski

87. Amber Heard

88. Romola Garai

89. Kate Winslet

90. Brie Larson

91. Rosamund Pike

92. Charlize Theron

93. Alice Eve

94. Margot Robbie

95. Teresa Palmer

96. Julia Benson

97. Elisha Cuthbert

98. Ronda Rousey

99. Gina Carano

100. Kate Hudson

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskey Tango Registered

2. Nokio Registered

I don't know if her career is over in Hollywood just yet. People have the tendency to forgive and move on if the actor gives some great interview and lands in a last chance movie that does well and said actor performs well. I actually like Heigl but then I don't know much about her persronel life and i've never heard of anything she's done in hollywood to piss people off. I guess if she's problematic as it appears to be based on what I've read here then Marvel should steer clear of her. She would fit Carol though.

3. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I'm not really talking about her personal life. I'm talking about her publicly bad mouthing the writers of the television show that made her a television star and her publicly bad mouthing a movie that made her a movie star. I'm not saying she is a bad person as I don't know her but she sure didn't know how to not bite the hands that fed her. And I have no idea if she has stopped doing that. I definitely don't think she should be punished forever and I think the media should stop hounding her about it already.

Independent of her horrible image problems I don't dislike KH as an actress but I have not seen anything from her that points to her being able to carry a 150 million dollar blockbuster. All she has played in are terrible romantic comedies. Maybe I'm wrong and she'd be great but I'm skeptical because of her poor movie choices. I was on the KH train years ago but she never grew as an actress, she just kept playing in rom coms so eventually I gave up on her as an actress.

4. baerrtt Registered

In Heigl's case there's also Hollywood double standards to take into consideration. Actressess who, in some shape or form, end up in what I call the career doghouse (due to a bad attitude, unsuccessful films etc) aren't extended the opportunity to comeback in the way their male counterparts are.

Downey Jr, Matthew Mcconaughey and Ben Affleck were all actors who'd at some point seemingly blown their potential yet were given the chance to redeem themselves. That same courtest doesn't extend to the women in the business.

5. SlamAdams Registered

Drew Barrymore was once very Robert Downey Jr-esque, Martha Stewart went to jail, plenty of female pop stars have had to mount a comeback of sorts (Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Paula Abdul) Lindsay Lohan has been given multiple chances to get her crap together, probably more than she should have.

6. Popndough Registered

I can't believe nobody has proposed Rachel Nichols yet. She's 5' 10", is 34 years old, looks the part, loves to do stuntwork/fights, and has played quite a few action/military oriented roles including Scarlet in GIJoe, future cop Keira Cameron on Continuum, FBI agent Rebecca Locke on The Inside, an agent on the TV show Alias, Agent Ashley Seaver on Criminal Minds, did some knife fighting in Conan, and fought Xena stuntwoman Zoe Bell in the movie Raze.
    She's also from New England which is just an added plus because Carol is from Boston.

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/1855402/936full-rachel-nichols.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/moviehotties/images/news-gallery/orig/rachel-nichols-espys3.jpg

I hope it's ok to post the links.

#881 Popndough, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I'd be okay with Rachel Nichols. I forgot about her.

8. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

Gaila? She slept with Thor's son.

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Thor would probably sleep with her too.

10. Popndough Registered

#885 Popndough, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  11. Nokio Registered

Not bad, i'd forgotten about her and she's a decent enough actress but will the studio trust her
    to lead their first female superhero big budget movie? Shes an actress that has been under the radar and shes been in a couple of turkeys.

#886 Nokio, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by moderator flickchick85: Dec 19, 2014
  12. Nokio Registered

[QUOTE inter=I SEE SPIDEY;30316711]I'm not really talking about her personal life. I'm talking about her publicly bad mouthing the writers of the television show that made her a television star and her publicly bad mouthing a movie that made her a movie star. I'm not saying she is a bad person as I don't know her but she sure didn't know how to not bite the hands that fed her. And I have no idea if she has stopped doing that. I definitely don't think she should be punished forever and I think the media should stop hounding her about it already.

Independent of her horrible image problems I don't dislike KH as an actress but I have not seen anything from her that points to her being able to carry a 150 million dollar blockbuster. All she has played in are terrible romantic comedies. Maybe I'm wrong and she'd be great but I'm skeptical because of her poor movie choices. I was on the KH train years ago but she never grew as an actress, she just kept playing in rom coms so eventually I gave up on her as an actress.[/QUOTE]

While I can agree that her film choices have been sub par to us but it seemed she had a large enough fan base that enjoyed her films. Even her film roles now withstanding i can see enough of her talent and attitude that she'd be a good fit for Carol.

So she bad mouthed so important people behind the scenes? I thought she was a horrible person to work with. Its easier to paint the public known figure in a bad light because of their fame then a power player who has clout but is unknown to the general public. Lets also remember that the 24/7 entertainment media needs stories and where is the fun in reporting
    about some unknown exec or director or writer or producer who are also known to have egos and be hard @sses. Heck Bryan Singer had horror stories about him and how he was pretty crappy on set and pissing of the actors but yet no reporting on him because it's not interesting. From what I've read it seemed Heigl had some rumblings with what the people behind the scenes were doing and not so much as her being hard to work with. Anytime you question authority you're labled problematic. Not saying for certain this is the case with her but i can say its easier for her do to her fame to be painted the villain as opposed to an unknown and uninteresting director like Singer

#887 Nokio, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  13. flickchick85 Admin of Might

The comments Heigl has made in the past were quite unprofessional, and she deserved the flack she got for them, imo.

I also don't think she has a remotely likable screen presence, which is part of the reason she's a terrible rom-com lead, so I don't think she'd be a good choice to lead a tentpole blockbuster either.

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I think Heigl comes across as a bit of a ***** even when she's not specifically acting like one. I don't find her very likable. She's not someone I'd want for Carol.

15. haephestus Registered

Not bad. Not bad at all. I do have her in mind for the heavily rumoured Xena: Warrior Princess reboot, although she'll likely be considered too old for that if they're really aiming for "The Hunger Games" demographic.

I'd be pretty happy to see her as Carol Danvers. If they go with a smaller name for Carol, they could just use a bigger name for Mar-Vell (especially if it is a one off appearance as opposed to a nine picture deal).

Then again, at this stage, I don't think Marvel needs a "name" to sell any of their movies, even if the headline role. But, as a female superhero movie, they may want a "name" for extra security and marketability.

16. kvz5 HBIC

Hey guys, make sure to check out flickchick's message (stickied at the top of the subforum) about posting pictures. Basically, please refrain from posting set pics, paparazzi pics, and red carpet pics as strikes (that the SHH admins and mods have no control over, unfortunately) are being handed out lately for posting those. If you can, you can also edit previous posts that contains pics of that kind just to be safe as strikes were given for stuff posted a long time ago. Better safe than sorry!

17. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

While I can agree that her film choices have been sub par to us but it seemed she had a large enough fan base that enjoyed her films. Even her film roles now withstanding i can see enough of her talent and attitude that she'd be a good fit for Carol.

So she bad mouthed so important people behind the scenes? I thought she was a horrible person to work with. Its easier to paint the public known figure in a bad light because of their fame then a power player who has clout but is unknown to the general public. Lets also remember that the 24/7 entertainment media needs stories and where is the fun in reporting
    about some unknown exec or director or writer or producer who are also known to have egos and be hard @sses. Heck Bryan Singer had horror stories about him and how he was pretty crappy on set and pissing of the actors but yet no reporting on him because it's not interesting. From what I've read it seemed Heigl had some rumblings with what the people behind the scenes were doing and not so much as her being hard to work with. Anytime you question authority you're labled problematic. Not saying for certain this is the case with her but i can say its easier for her do to her fame to be painted the villain as opposed to an unknown and uninteresting director like Singer[/QUOTE]

Writers are not as powerful as the lead of a hit television show. She was being extremely rude and deserved the backlash she got at the time. She shouldn't have ever bad mouthed the writers on her show nor should she have bad mouthed the film that made her a star. She was always ungratefully whining about something at that time.

You can't let her off the hook just because double standards exist. Suppose she lands Captain Marvel and it's a hit well liked film but she bad mouths it. You think Marvel should take that chance?

#892 I SEE SPIDEY, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  18. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Am I missing something or are the percentages on the poll FUBAR???

Multiple Choices?? There can be only one......

#893 InCali, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  19. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

[/QUOTE]Writers are not as powerful as the lead of a hit television show. She was being extremely rude and deserved the backlash she got at the time. She shouldn't have ever bad mouthed the writers on her show nor should she have bad mouthed the film that made her a star. She was always ungratefully whining about something at that time.

You can't let her off the hook just because double standards exist. Suppose she lands Captain Marvel and it's a hit well liked film but she bad mouths it. You think Marvel should take that chance?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't cast her at all for the part. Bad reputation or no.

#894 InCali, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  20. smashmode House Stark

pictures (like from movies etc) are okay to be posted yes? Like if Deadline posts a picture from the movie

21. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Same here. Even if she were fine to work with, I don't like Heigl in the part at all.

22. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah, anything that's been officially released by a studio is fine. The legal issues pertain to 3rd party/paparazzi photos.

23. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

Why are red carpet pics banned??? not understanding that one....

damn ginger haters... lol...jk

24. harryoscop Registered

I don't know how I'll react if Blunt get's casted...

25. Whiskey Tango Registered

You'll be happy :cmad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.