First Avenger Who Is Composing?

This is the best Marvel score.

Is there really an argument now?

TWO MORE DAYS!

I prefer Thor. Cap is second though. Out of MS that is, my favourite Marvel score altogether is probably still Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Hmm... It's rousing, but sadly generic sounding. Alan Silvestri kinda' dumbs his stuff down for adventure movies it seems. I was hoping for something a little bit more original and memorable.

This is definitely my favorite Marvel Studios score. I love the "March" version of Cap's theme. :up:

I absolutely love the score - them theme is so iconic and memorable I'm already humming it!

9.99 is great on the Itunes deal plus you get a bonus track. But for those who already purchased elsewhere, don't fret. The Captain America March is not "Album Only", so it can be yours for only 99 cents.

Thinking about buying the cd (can anyone describe the booklet with pictures?) and then buying the Cap March for 99 cents. How do you guys feel about CD versus MP3?

"Passage of Time" is perhaps the best score out of the MCU film when it comes to conveying emotion.

I'm betting this scene will involve a montage where we see Steve sleeping in his frozen slumber as time moves on without him. It'll probably involve some heartbreaking shots of the people he cares for dying and moving on without him, and at the very end of the score, there's a triumphant/hopeful punch kicked in, which I'm thinking accompanies some type of shot at the end of the montage that's supposed to give a hopeful stance that Steve is going to come back very soon.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize the March was just a bonus track. It's one of my absolute favorites.

Wow Cap Am March is siiiick! O_O I now know which version I'm getting! :D

Passage of Time is great.

I actually proposed on these boards very early in production that I would like the themes to sound like the main Jurassic Park theme. I'm glad that the final product for the Captain America themes give off a similar sense of wonder and magic, which isn't evident in many films today.

[YT]D8zlUUrFK-M[/YT]

It's got that old school whimsy :D lol ...I like that word.

I ordered the CD from Amazon early yesterday morning, so hopefully I won't be disappointed. But it's a shame that Captain America march isn't on the CD, such a rousing piece.

And guys, this is what a superhero score should be. Not MV-lite like X-Men: First Class or Green Lantern. A heroic theme with mighty brass and clear orchestration. I pray Silvestri gets asked to do The Avengers and revisit his Captain theme.

Captain America march is the one track that really really feels like it could be place in an Indy film, It gives me all kinds of nostalgic emotions, love it! The rest of the score is incredible too! But that reaches the level they set out to reach 100%. IMO ofcourse :p

http://youtu.be/LsO-lttHb8k

While it is not as Iconic(Yet ;) ) I think it is def reminiscent of some JW better themes like Supes and Indy.

Last edited:
I ordered the CD from Amazon early yesterday morning, so hopefully I won't be disappointed. But it's a shame that Captain America march isn't on the CD, such a rousing piece.

And guys, this is what a superhero score should be. Not MV-lite like X-Men: First Class or Green Lantern. A heroic theme with mighty brass and clear orchestration. I pray Silvestri gets asked to do The Avengers and revisit his Captain theme.

Wholeheartedly agree!

And guys, this is what a superhero score should be. Not MV-lite like X-Men: First Class or Green Lantern. A heroic theme with mighty brass and clear orchestration.
I disagree that there's only one way a superhero score should sound. I've loved many a superhero score in my life, and only a couple have been old-fashioned brassy fanfares. I don't think a score like this would have worked as well for Nolan's Bat-series, and while I found the score for Iron Man to be bland, I wouldn't have wanted a score like this for it either. I love this score because it suits THIS superhero perfectly.

There are many valid styles of movies, just like there are many valid styles of scores. And I loved X-Men: FC's score, too.

*comes back down to earth* You right Flickchick you right! :)

Gotta admit, Loved "The Star Spangled Man". Good old fashioned Hollywood musicals. I miss 'em.

"Star Spangled Man" and the Captain America March have both been stuck in my head for over 24 hours straight now. I can't stop humming them. I'm doing it without even realizing it!

I guess that's the sign of a great theme, though. :woot:

Star Spangled Man is great. Epic and corny at the same time. Gives me the chills. I'm on my 15th listen through the soundtrack

My opinion of the score DRASTICALLY changed when I heard Captain America March a few minutes ago. It feels like such a great throwback to old school blockbusters, which I think creates a great vibe for the film. It will make it feel really retro, and help add to the whole concept of the Captain America Legend. I really think now, we're going to see a really stark (no pun intended) difference between the Captain America of the 40's, who is this enormous legend, and the Modern Captain America.

Also, after listening to Star Spangled Man, I think my GF is going to absolutely love this film as well, she's madly in love with that time period, especially the clothing and the music, showbiz side, and I can already feel how jazzed she'll be during that USO scene. Really pumped for this movie next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"