Sequels Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Jim Starlin signing off on him sorta seals the deal. The arguement was if he will be extended into phase 3.

If I recall correctly, didn't you say Sam you think this will be a Thanos trilogy a few months back? (not saying there will ONLY be 3 avengers movies, but the first 3, will be thanos)

If that's the case, what made ya change your mind?

The more I get to see of Thanos the better. To me he is a fixture of baddy and would hate to see him get the quick treatment most baddies have been getting throughout the Marvel Films (aside from Loki).

He's Vader'esque to me.

Jim Starlin signing off on him sorta seals the deal. The arguement was if he will be extended into phase 3.

If I recall correctly, didn't you say Sam you think this will be a Thanos trilogy a few months back? (not saying there will ONLY be 3 avengers movies, but the first 3, will be thanos)

If that's the case, what made ya change your mind?

No, I still don't think Thanos is a trilogy. He *might* show up in Phase III, but until we start getting more word about that phase, I'm still in the boat that says Thanos is the Phase II baddie.

But I *am* convinced now, more than ever, that Thanos will be in three Phase II films --- GOTG, TA2, and Thor 2. I think the recent synopsis about TDW points to Thanos as the shadowy figure who's older than the universe itself.

Assuming they are going the Infinity Gauntlet route (and that's a reasonable assumption) then how about Loki playing the Dr Doom role? If you recall Doom teamed up with the heroes to fight Thanos but turned on them in an attempt to get the gauntlet for himself. Would that not be a perfect arc for Hiddleston's Loki? It'd also bring the story full circle.

How would they have Thanos expand into Phase III? I can see how they could have him in Avengers 3, but that would require Avengers 3 to come out immediately after Avengers 2.

The more I get to see of Thanos the better. To me he is a fixture of baddy and would hate to see him get the quick treatment most baddies have been getting throughout the Marvel Films (aside from Loki).

He's Vader'esque to me.

That's how I see it

No, I still don't think Thanos is a trilogy. He *might* show up in Phase III, but until we start getting more word about that phase, I'm still in the boat that says Thanos is the Phase II baddie.

But I *am* convinced now, more than ever, that Thanos will be in three Phase II films --- GOTG, TA2, and Thor 2. I think the recent synopsis about TDW points to Thanos as the shadowy figure who's older than the universe itself.

Wait, you just said in another thread you think that was Surtur 0.o

But a few months back, you seemed to think Thanos will be the big baddie for Phase II AND Phase III, I was asking what made you change your mind?

(remember, you came up with an avengers 2 story, it ended with Odin and Thanos being trapped in Asgard?) somethin like that

How would they have Thanos expand into Phase III? I can see how they could have him in Avengers 3, but that would require Avengers 3 to come out immediately after Avengers 2.

Easily actually. Guardians sets up the IG. Avengers 2 can simply be was Thanos smiles at. Avengers take on Thanos.

Phase 3 revolves as a sort of set up for said "cinematic event" in phase 3, being an IG movie.

yeah yeah, I still think that cinematic event of 2017 or 2018 is still an IG movie :p

That's how I see it

Wait, you just said in another thread you think that was Surtur 0.o

But a few months back, you seemed to think Thanos will be the big baddie for Phase II AND Phase III, I was asking what made you change your mind?

(remember, you came up with an avengers 2 story, it ended with Odin and Thanos being trapped in Asgard?) somethin like that

I was theorizing that Surtur would attack Asgard at the end of Thor TDW and Odin would get killed, and Thor would officially take the throne.

Eh, Thanos is still my #1 pick for the "shadowy figure who predates the universe" guy, but if not Thanos, then Surtur fer shur. I think Thor TDW works out to be Thanos/The Other in the first third of the movie; Malekith and Kurse in the heart of the movie; and Surtur in the last third. If Surtur doesn't actually wrap up the ending of the movie, then I can see him involved in a cliffhanger for Thor 3.

I like the idea of a fight against the Masters of Evil, would be like a flip side to Phase I, seeing the villains assemble as opposed to the heroes. Have Thanos for the second film and the Masters of Evil for the last film.

^ lmao.

Personally, I really do hope Thanos is around for a while. Being my favorite villain (and sometimes my occasional favorite character..sorry Thor) I would not want to see him be a recycled villain as chewy said it, around for a few phase 2 movies, then that's it.

I hope he is around for a while, and will sort of be a reoccurring character until his death, outside of phase 3. That's what I'm hoping

It's Ultron's shiftless, pothead twin brother.

I thought that was Bender.

bender-smoking.jpg

Yes. If anyone still harbored a lingering doubt.

It's been really silly. We've never seen a shred of evidence that it would be anyone BUT Thanos. Everyone wanted Ultron though, so they rationalized it.

^?? A lot of us WANTED Ultron, but the gist of the argument was if Thanos would reappear in phase 3. I don't really think any of us thought he wouldn't appear in Avengers 2. I WANTED Ultron in Phase 2, I never THOUGHT it was him...hence all my "here's hoping for Ultron" comments.

gosh people like to put words in people's mouth here. oh no news lol

^?? A lot of us WANTED Ultron, but the gist of the argument was if Thanos would reappear in phase 3. I don't really think any of us thought he wouldn't appear in Avengers 2. I WANTED Ultron in Phase 2, I never THOUGHT it was him...hence all my "here's hoping for Ultron" comments.

gosh people like to put words in people's mouth here. oh no news lol

No one said you, but others have stated that they couldn't believe Marvel would waste Thanos as an Avengers 2 villain, when he's more of an ultimate threat for a trilogy/ franchise ender.

No one said you, but others have stated that they couldn't believe Marvel would waste Thanos as an Avengers 2 villain, when he's more of an ultimate threat for a trilogy/ franchise ender.

I was the only one who was realllllly pushing for Ultron and continuously bringing up the desire to so him. But regarding Thanos, personally that's the mindset I have has as well. Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers 2, those are the two current movies he is appearing at the moment. Personally, I don't think it was enough. That's what it is, it's not that some of us feel he is being wasted as an Avengers 2 villain, where she should be for 3, cause it was obvious he was going to be in phase 2. I think it was more so wanting him to be extended into phase 3, because, well atleast I feel having him exclusively to one phase is waste, not the movie. Especially if it IS going to be on going.. having another villain for avengers 2 was preferred (IF having the same villain for 2 avengers movie is a no no..personally the best case scenario for me would be Thanos is a big character in phase 2, AND phase 3. ) I KNEW Thanos would appear in 2 as well. I was just hoping Ultron, or someone else would appear as the a threat, paving a way for Thanos into 3..

Thanos being my favorite villain, personally I don't want him to be in just TWO movies. Cause he is not a recyclable villain, he has too much character to be introduced in one movie, then finished in another. That kinda sucks in my opinion. But that's okay now, cause more than likely via fiege's words (read them as you will, since others disagree), he will be around in phase 3 too. That's how I see it, I mean, with a the whole, cinematic event for 2017 or 2018, having "plans for Thanos" and "taking our time" and "elements that will not only lead up to the conclusion of phase 2, but to phase 3 as well", to me, that's satisfying cause I read that as almost saying Thanos will be around for a while.

Last edited:
I was the only one who was realllllly pushing for Ultron and continuously bringing up the desire to so him. But regarding Thanos, personally that's the mindset I have has as well. Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers 2, those are the two current movies he is appearing at the moment. Personally, I don't think it was enough. I KNEW Thanos would appear in 2 as well. I was just hoping Ultron, or someone else would appear.

Thanos being my favorite villain, personally I don't want him to be in just TWO movies. That kinda sucks in my opinion. But that's okay now, cause more than likely via fiege's words (read them as you will, since others disagree), he will be around in phase 3 too. That's how I see it.

Ever since this thread started, people have been pushing for Ultron.

Ever since this thread started, people have been pushing for Ultron.

yeah? It's mostly wishful thinking, I don't think..most of us, were denying that Thanos would be in avengers 2, it was more so just WANTING ultron in it.

Which hopefully he still does appear at some point.

At this point, it seems for atleast phase 2 and 3, the avengers will be cosmic stories.

Whether phase 3 is Thanos or not, phase 2 is clearly cosmic, and if events happen in phase 2 that lead to the end of phase 3 as well, then clearly avengers is going to be cosmic for a little while

yeah? It's mostly wishful thinking, I don't think..most of us, were denying that Thanos would be in avengers 2, it was more so just WANTING ultron in it.

Which hopefully he still does appear at some point.

At this point, it seems for atleast phase 2 and 3, the avengers will be cosmic stories.

Whether phase 3 is Thanos or not, phase 2 is clearly cosmic, and if events happen in phase 2 that lead to the end of phase 3 as well, then clearly avengers is going to be cosmic for a little while

I'd love to see Ultron some day, I just think they locked themselves into using Thanos with the post credit scene and the GOTG movie. You can't do a movie building a character up and then wait 4 years for him to finally face your main superhero movie unless he has a consistent cameo presence.

I'd love to see Ultron some day, I just think they locked themselves into using Thanos with the post credit scene and the GOTG movie. You can't do a movie building a character up and then wait 4 years for him to finally face your main superhero movie unless he has a consistent cameo presence.

oh no, I agree with you. That is what I want/think is going to happen. Well, I was sort of hoping for phase 2, he would be a "character" throughout phase 2, having influence, more than just cameos. And then phase 3 would be his climax, whatever that may be.

Get what I am saying? That he would be a reoccurring character through multiple phases. And now it seem like he may very well be the main threat for phase 2 AND phase 3. Which I am MORE than okay with. Infact, if it turns out that way, I will be more than happy. I want as much Thanos as possible. And if they can work a story around him as a threat for phase 2 and phase 3, leading up to an infinity gauntlet story for phase 3, then I would be more than happy with that. In fact at this point I am hoping it, and am not expecting Ultron till atleast phase 4 now

oh no, I agree with you. That is what I want/think is going to happen. Well, I was sort of hoping for phase 2, he would be a "character" throughout phase 2, having influence, more than just cameos. And then phase 3 would be his climax, whatever that may be.

Get what I am saying? That he would be a reoccurring character through multiple phases. And now it seem like he may very well be the main threat for phase 2 AND phase 3. Which I am MORE than okay with. Infact, if it turns out that way, I will be more than happy. I want as much Thanos as possible. And if they can work a story around him as a threat for phase 2 and phase 3, leading up to an infinity gauntlet story for phase 3, then I would be more than happy with that. In fact at this point I am hoping it, and am not expecting Ultron till atleast phase 4 now

Yeah. I get you.

As long as I see Kang, Ultron and the Masters of Evil before I croak, I think I'll be fine.

Yeah. I get you.

As long as I see Kang, Ultron and the Masters of Evil before I croak, I think I'll be fine.

I think I'm good, I'm only 20 :p

I could personally do with out Kang though. Out of all the avengers villains that we are hoping for, he's probbably my least favorite. Wouldn't bother me if we never see him

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"