Sequels Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

I actually think Hood works as a great side/undervillain, sort of representing the traditional criminal element when in contact with whatever macguffin is involved in the current story. He could very easily be involved in Avengers 2 as the new frontman for Thanos for instance.

t0iuxv.jpg

The Hood is the greatest Marvel villain since Carnage

Top 10 Marvel villains

1. The Slug
2. Carnage
3. The Hood
4. Eye-Scream
5. Hypno-Hustler
6. Stryfe
7. The Kangaroo
8. Egghead
9. The White Rabbit
10. Big Wheel

Mmm maybe Avengers 3 could end up with the a re-imagined Masters of Evil

Loki, Mandarin, Abomination, Red Skull, Justin Hammer and maybe someone else...
But it becomes more like a international war zone... With Loki bringing in some aliens, Mandarin and is terrorist associations, Red Skull and newly reformed Hydra and Justin Hammers tech, going into war with the Avengers and the world

Or they could face ULTRON!

^I feel like a movie with the Master's of Evil as villains (another thing Thanos is perfectly capable of fielding) would be kinda like a 'Avengers, this is your life' the way old foes could/would come out of the woodwork. It could all be Thanos testing them too. Loki was a Diva. Thanos could very well be the Professor. Lord knows he professes enough.

:funny: Is it that bad? The only time I've read him was in Seige, and he didn't seem bad at all, there was just too much going on for him to stand out.

The Hood is the greatest Marvel villain since Carnage

Ah, I think I'm starting to get it now. If that's the vein hood is in, he's definitely a great side villain. Maximum Carnage was my fave game for a looong time. Carnage is a great action setpiece villain, someone you can defeat early in the third act without deflating the story per se.

Last edited:
Top 10 Marvel villains

1. The Slug
2. Carnage
3. The Hood
4. Eye-Scream
5. Hypno-Hustler
6. Stryfe
7. The Kangaroo
8. Egghead
9. The White Rabbit
10. Big Wheel

I find your lack of Paste-Pot Pete on this list....disturbing. :o

But it becomes more like a international war zone... With Loki bringing in some aliens, Mandarin and is terrorist associations, Red Skull and newly reformed Hydra and Justin Hammers tech, going into war with the Avengers and the world

The problem with that lineup is that Loki, Mandarin and Red Skull are all more mastermind plotters and would probably end up clashing with each other. Only Abomination is more of muscle, and this Justin Hammer is more of a buffoon.

For a decent M of E lineup, you need perhaps one brain and others who are mostly brawn so that there is a proper physical battle.

M-2 said:

Masters of Evil would be good, but it would be worth finding equivalents to our current heroes; a god for Thor, Abomination for Hulk, etc.

Masters of Evil would be good, but it would be worth finding equivalents to our current heroes; a god for Thor, Abomination for Hulk, etc.

Should have Executioner for Thor, Black Knight (the evil one not the Dane Whitman one) to fight Iron Man, Baron Zemo for Cap, and Abomination (or Radioactive Man) for Hulk, then a few others for the rest of the Avengers.

BUt if we get Abomination, he should've mutated further so that he looks like his comic counterpart with the scales and reptile ears.

Top 10 Marvel villains

1. The Slug
2. Carnage
3. The Hood
4. Eye-Scream
5. Hypno-Hustler
6. Stryfe
7. The Kangaroo
8. Egghead
9. The White Rabbit
10. Big Wheel

You forgot the walrus...for that you get it twice:

t0iuxv.jpg

t0iuxv.jpg

Nah, avengers 3 is going to be cosmic based on fiege's words. Whether or not it's Thanos, I don't know. HOWEVER, fiege said events that lead to the culmination of phase 2 will also lead up to the culmination of phase 3. Meaning things that contribute to the end of phase 2, will be a factor throughout phase 3. Since phase 2 is cosmic (with Thanos and gotg), and since the end of phase 2 (whether it be the defeat of thanos or not) will most likely be cosmic reason, it is safe to say, in my opinion that because of Fiege's words on things playing over, that we probably won't ultron or the master's until atleast phase 4.

However, they could POSSIBLY do a MOS movie with Thanos, somehow, Thanos can still be the villain and use the team for whatever reason, and then have Thanos in phase 3. Atleast having the MOS as villains for avengers 2 will sorta keep the whole cosmic thing down a little bit. Having Thanos completely done in phase 2, and then said established threat carrying into phase 3 (cosmic threat) it's too much cosmic related villains.

However, with possibly Crossbones in cap, Abomination still being around, The Manderin, Radioactive Man, Malekith (Kurse if he's alive) These are 3 and 4 characters alone introduced that could sort of be made into the masters of evil, plus what villains we still have. There seems to be a lot of villains being created, so they very well could be trying to work a masters of evil story line into Thanos' story.

Interesting to see what will play out.

I just think having Thanos play out in 2, and then ANOTHER cosmic type threat in phase 3 is too much. If avengers 2 is MOS, it can atleast take a little bit away from the whole cosmic side of it. I mean, the IG isn't even introduced yet, I hope we get more than just 1 movie to feel the damn impact and scale of this weapon.

The end of Phase II will most likely be the Avengers disbanding because they lost, and at that point Maria Hill (who would be the new Director of SHIELD) commissions Ultron, to be built by Hank Pym, as their replacement.

So that could be what he means. I don't think IG and Thanos will be over and done with in A2 and at least one cosmic Phase III movie will deal with him, but I want a separate two-part Infinity Gauntlet epic AFTER Avengers 3.

So, A2 villain would be Thanos, A3 is Ultron, then separate IG movies with Thanos again.

the end of phase ii will most likely be the avengers disbanding because they lost, and at that point maria hill (who would be the new director of shield) commissions ultron, to be built by hank pym, as their replacement.

So that could be what he means. I don't think ig and thanos will be over and done with in a2 and at least one cosmic phase iii movie will deal with him, but i want a separate two-part infinity gauntlet epic after avengers 3.

So, a2 villain would be thanos, a3 is ultron, then separate ig movies with thanos again.

ig movies?!

The problem for me is that Kang and Ultron bring my two least favorite plots with them: Time travel and "genocidal AI". They've just been done to death, particularly in film and tv. I would agree that they're probably 1 and 2 on the Avengers rogues gallery list, but as far as sequels go, i wouldnt mind if they never come up at all.

As long as the story, and the science, make some kind of sense (even "movie" sense) then I guess i could get behind a Kang-centric Avengers movie. Id have to be talked into Ultron.

That said, if theyre keeping Thanos on the periphery, an Ultron story would make more sense for TA2. But I'd rather they not go there at all.

Oh, and my choice from the poll list is Korvac.

Last edited:
The problem for me is that Kang and Ultron bring my two least favorite plots with them: Time travel and "genocidal AI". They've just been done to death, particularly in film and tv. I would agree that they're probably 1 and 2 on the Avengers rogues gallery list, but as far as sequels go, i wouldnt mind if they never come up at all.

As long as the story, and the science, make some kind of sense (even "movie" sense) then I guess i could get behind a Kang-centric Avengers movie. Id have to be talked into Ultron.

That said, if theyre keeping Thanos on the periphery, an Ultron story would make more sense for TA2. But I'd rather they not go there at all.

Oh, and my choice from the poll list is Korvac.

I'd love to see Korvac, but I'm afraid his status as "God who the Avengers can't possibly beat" will probably cut too close to Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet or Cosmic Cube.

Nah, avengers 3 is going to be cosmic based on fiege's words. Whether or not it's Thanos, I don't know. HOWEVER, fiege said events that lead to the culmination of phase 2 will also lead up to the culmination of phase 3. Meaning things that contribute to the end of phase 2, will be a factor throughout phase 3. Since phase 2 is cosmic (with Thanos and gotg), and since the end of phase 2 (whether it be the defeat of thanos or not) will most likely be cosmic reason, it is safe to say, in my opinion that because of Fiege's words on things playing over, that we probably won't ultron or the master's until atleast phase 4.

However, they could POSSIBLY do a MOS movie with Thanos, somehow, Thanos can still be the villain and use the team for whatever reason, and then have Thanos in phase 3. Atleast having the MOS as villains for avengers 2 will sorta keep the whole cosmic thing down a little bit. Having Thanos completely done in phase 2, and then said established threat carrying into phase 3 (cosmic threat) it's too much cosmic related villains.

However, with possibly Crossbones in cap, Abomination still being around, The Manderin, Radioactive Man, Malekith (Kurse if he's alive) These are 3 and 4 characters alone introduced that could sort of be made into the masters of evil, plus what villains we still have. There seems to be a lot of villains being created, so they very well could be trying to work a masters of evil story line into Thanos' story.

Interesting to see what will play out.

I just think having Thanos play out in 2, and then ANOTHER cosmic type threat in phase 3 is too much. If avengers 2 is MOS, it can atleast take a little bit away from the whole cosmic side of it. I mean, the IG isn't even introduced yet, I hope we get more than just 1 movie to feel the damn impact and scale of this weapon.

MOS with Thanos? Superman would fight Darkseid, but not Thanos. What does Man of Steel have to do with the Avengers 3?

The problem with that lineup is that Loki, Mandarin and Red Skull are all more mastermind plotters and would probably end up clashing with each other. Only Abomination is more of muscle, and this Justin Hammer is more of a buffoon.

For a decent M of E lineup, you need perhaps one brain and others who are mostly brawn so that there is a proper physical battle.

I understand that take, but I think that the M of E might be more interesting if they were a collection of equal minds like the Avengers, perhaps some smarter than others, but what if Red Skull and Mandarin actually saw eye to eye on a plan. What if they clashed, similar to how Iron Man and Cap did towards the end? Sort of a reverse Avengers, in that they start out together and then fall apart.

But I wouldn't put Loki with the MoE, so as not to have any re-hash of Avengers 1.

I understand that take, but I think that the M of E might be more interesting if they were a collection of equal minds like the Avengers, perhaps some smarter than others, but what if Red Skull and Mandarin actually saw eye to eye on a plan. What if they clashed, similar to how Iron Man and Cap did towards the end? Sort of a reverse Avengers, in that they start out together and then fall apart.

But I wouldn't put Loki with the MoE, so as not to have any re-hash of Avengers 1.

In the comics, Red Skull is probably more the master criminal and mastermind compared to Mandarin. However, I wonder who will come out as the bigger villain post IM3. Will Mandarin seem more intimidating and relentless than Red Skull? Kingsley is probably a better actor than Hugo Weaving so he would likely seem to be more of a threat and more the one to take the lead.

But I think they probably would end up clashing eventually like you say.

By contrast, movie Dr Doom seems more of a lackey compared to Loki, Red Skull and Mandarin. I don't see him getting the better of any of them, which is what you'd expect from comic Doom.

Dark Raven said:
Should have Executioner for Thor, Black Knight (the evil one not the Dane Whitman one) to fight Iron Man, Baron Zemo for Cap, and Abomination (or Radioactive Man) for Hulk, then a few others for the rest of the Avengers.

BUt if we get Abomination, he should've mutated further so that he looks like his comic counterpart with the scales and reptile ears.

I'd like Enchantress and Executioner to have a part. They were cool in the cartoon.

boagrius.jpg

For Enchantress, Jessica Biel fits the role. She looks like the character in the comics.

I'd like Enchantress and Executioner to have a part. They were cool in the cartoon.

boagrius.jpg

For Enchantress, Jessica Biel fits the role. She looks like the character in the comics.

That looks nothing like Jessica Biel. She must've put on a lot of muscle. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"