Sequels Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

True...But MoE would be pushing it even further! Especially since Joss said he is adding two new people to the roster in A2

Avengers_Tower_Plans.jpg

look at this pic. its not gonna be too hard to shuffle Avengers in and out anymore. its not the initial team-up and theres no element of the distrust of Nick Fury. Falcon, Wasp, Ant-Man may be recruited with no muss and no fuss whatsoever. Easy peasy.

The Avengers, as a team, are ready to go. So Avengers 2 can focus on a threat big enough to overtake them. Now I've been pro-Ultron for quite sometime now. Even before that I figured it'd be Thanos. So I'm pretty much open to many options. I'm just wondering how it might go if they tried for Masters of Evil and gave us a taste of the team led by each Zemo and Ultron.

Mandarin has the right idea, and Whiplash before him. These heroes need to be taken out before they band together and destroy their way of life. It makes sense that they would band together for the greater bad. :p

True! But I'd like to see Skrulls...That would give the film a more un-nerving/thriller feel to it.

I'm not discounting any theories. Just adding new ones.

So yeah, if Dr. Wu in IM3 does end up being Radioactive Man, and Zemo is pulling Winter Soldiers strings in CA:TWS, and if Amora and Skurge are seen in T:TDW, we've got the makings of a threat. And that threat just needs a plan. Maybe Zemo arranges a meeting with Dr. Wu (with his knowledge of Extremis and A.I.) and Amora (with access to an Infinity Gem or whatever) get together and plot to steal and reprogram the Ultron technology. Ultron does his thing and decides to take over the lead position of the MoE. Panic ensues.

Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man and Enchantress/Executioner access and reprogram Ultron who kills Zemo, takes over the MoE, creates Vision and turns against The Avengers.

GOD. why is everyone so sure to include enchantress and executioner in a MCU MoE???

they havent been introduced, and they arent being introduced in phase 2. You cant pull them into Avengers 2 without being introduced in thor.

There are plenty of villains being introduced in phase 2

theres manderin, possibly radioactive man. Crossbones, whoever is pulling his strings (zemo) there is possibly malekith and kurse (if thanos is behind all this)

there is also a possibility of ultron if the rumor about the ironman 3 after credit scene is true? Why do a post credit scene of antman if hes not going to appear till phase 3?

plus we have abomination. there are plenty of characters to use for an MCU MoE without pulling enchantress/executioner out of no where

I'm not discounting any theories. Just adding new ones.

So yeah, if Dr. Wu in IM3 does end up being Radioactive Man, and Zemo is pulling Winter Soldiers strings in CA:TWS, and if Amora and Skurge are seen in T:TDW, we've got the makings of a threat. And that threat just needs a plan. Maybe Zemo arranges a meeting with Dr. Wu (with his knowledge of Extremis and A.I.) and Amora (with access to an Infinity Gem or whatever) get together and plot to steal and reprogram the Ultron technology. Ultron does his thing and decides to take over the lead position of the MoE. Panic ensues.

also, thanos needs to play a role as well. Since he is going to appear in avengers 2.

If the MoE are involved, Enchantress and executioner will NOT be in it

Interesting how since Ant-Man was announced to be released after Avengers 2 Thanos began to gain more votes and has now surpassed Ultron

Well duh. You can't have Ultron without Pym. & even if Ant-Man is in Avengers 2, Ultron needs to be set-up beforehand.

god. Why is everyone so sure to include enchantress and executioner in a mcu moe???

They havent been introduced, and they arent being introduced in phase 2. You cant pull them into avengers 2 without being introduced in thor.

There are plenty of villains being introduced in phase 2

theres manderin, possibly radioactive man. Crossbones, whoever is pulling his strings (zemo) there is possibly malekith and kurse (if thanos is behind all this)

there is also a possibility of ultron if the rumor about the ironman 3 after credit scene is true? Why do a post credit scene of antman if hes not going to appear till phase 3?

Plus we have abomination. There are plenty of characters to use for an mcu moe without pulling enchantress/executioner out of no where

also, thanos needs to play a role as well. Since he is going to appear in avengers 2.

If the moe are involved, enchantress and executioner will not be in it

god

Four dumb meatheads =/= an interesting group of villains

Crossbones, Kurse, Abomination, etc

which ones are the meatheads?

Of the ones you guys listed in just the past few posts: Skurge, Abomination, Crossbones, Radioactive Man, and Kurse would definitely fit the bill.

But you're jumping to several conclusions that just simply are not warranted: (a) Enchantress and Skurge are NOT even slightly rumored to be in Thor 2. Wish they were, but they ain't. (b) "Dr. Wu" shows no signs whatsoever of being Chen Lu, or becoming Radioactive Man. The only thing we can safely assume about Dr. Wu right now is that he performs surgery on (a compliant) Tony Stark in China, and it's a safe bet that the surgery involves Extremis. (c) Zemo hasn't been confirmed or even hinted at yet for CATWS. It's a plausible enough scenario for him to be the guy pulling Winter Soldier's strings, but at this point, we simply don't know.

So that leaves huge holes vacancies in a traditional MoE lineup that you described. Maybe someday; maybe even for Avengers 3. But, Roger Wardell prophecies notwithstanding, the MoE aren't going to be part of Avengers 2. :cwink:

Oh come on lol

Four dumb meatheads =/= an interesting group of villains

which ones are the meatheads?

Crossbones, Kurse, Abomination, etc

:doh: Guys. IF the MoE are part of it. IF they are, they will be characters introduced. I am not saying these are the best characters, I am saying, these are the characters available. They aren't going to pull Skurge and Amora out of thin air. There has been NOTHING said about the two during phase 2. Yet, if the MoE are going to be in Avengers 2, people seem to think they will be a part of it. IF the moe are involved, it will be a different lineup from the comics. That's all I am saying. i dont care if 4 dumb meatheads =/= an interesting group of villains, those 4 dumbmeatheads, plus whoever else, are who we have right now. That is it

Of the ones you guys listed in just the past few posts: Skurge, Abomination, Crossbones, Radioactive Man, and Kurse would definitely fit the bill.

But you're jumping to several conclusions that just simply are not warranted: (a) Enchantress and Skurge are NOT even slightly rumored to be in Thor 2. Wish they were, but they ain't. (b) "Dr. Wu" shows no signs whatsoever of being Chen Lu, or becoming Radioactive Man. The only thing we can safely assume about Dr. Wu right now is that he performs surgery on (a compliant) Tony Stark in China, and it's a safe bet that the surgery involves Extremis. (c) Zemo hasn't been confirmed or even hinted at yet for CATWS. It's a plausible enough scenario for him to be the guy pulling Winter Soldier's strings, but at this point, we simply don't know.

So that leaves huge holes vacancies in a traditional MoE lineup that you described. Maybe someday; maybe even for Avengers 3. But, Roger Wardell prophecies notwithstanding, the MoE aren't going to be part of Avengers 2. :cwink:

Exactly. IF the MoE are in A2, which who knows, but if they ARE, it won't be the comic linup, save zemo.Just cause he seems logical for CATWS

ok cool. i didnt mention any of them.

that's not my point. I would much rather have Enchantress and executioner than meatheads like crossbones and kurse. But the fact is, there is nothing that points to some of the traditional characters being introduced. Notihng. My point is that IF the MoE is to feature in Avengers 2, it will most likely be these meat head characters already introduced, and introduced in phase 2.

to put simply, they arent going to introduce villains IN avengers 2

Well, the only clue so far as to the villain in any future Avengers films is Thanos. If we were so inclined to believe Thanos wouldnt be the primary villain (but rather a background villain) our minds might wander to exploring any other various options. Judging by the trailers and production news for phase one before any of them were released, would any of us have guessed Loki leads the Chitauri to attack Manhattan with the help of the cosmic cube? Nah. But it became more logical as clues were uncovered.

Oh come on lol

:doh: Guys. IF the MoE are part of it. IF they are, they will be characters introduced. I am not saying these are the best characters, I am saying, these are the characters available. They aren't going to pull Skurge and Amora out of thin air. There has been NOTHING said about the two during phase 2. Yet, if the MoE are going to be in Avengers 2, people seem to think they will be a part of it. IF the moe are involved, it will be a different lineup from the comics. That's all I am saying. i dont care if 4 dumb meatheads =/= an interesting group of villains, those 4 dumbmeatheads, plus whoever else, are who we have right now. That is it

Exactly. IF the MoE are in A2, which who knows, but if they ARE, it won't be the comic linup, save zemo.Just cause he seems logical for CATWS

You missed my small mention of introducing the characters Amora/Skurge in T:TDW (if only after the credits) and yes Zemo "just seems logical." this is all PURELY speculation, i was only giving a rundown of what I thought might be cool if they chose the MoE route. nothing more. I'm actually quite certain it won't happen. Just a little stirring of the pot.

It was just like a... "what characters would you like to see in a MCU MoE, and how might they come about?" haha. in other words im bored.

If the Masters of Evil are in a film it'll be an eclectic group of characters, not the same archetype x4. I don't think the Masters of Evil will be in Avengers 2, but if they were it would be a lot easier to introduce a few new villains than it would be to try to force the group of characters already around to have any sort of interesting dynamic together.

Well, the only clue so far as to the villain in any future Avengers films is Thanos. If we were so inclined to believe Thanos wouldnt be the primary villain (but rather a background villain) our minds might wander to exploring any other various options. Judging by the trailers and production news for phase one before any of them were released, would any of us have guessed Loki leads the Chitauri to attack Manhattan with the help of the cosmic cube? Nah. But it became more logical as clues were uncovered.

that's a bit different though. Remember, multiple villains have been confirmed for phase 2. It's not like there is a chance MoE characters can show up, ya know? We already got Malekith, Loki, Kurse, possibly even Surtur in Thor 2. So it's unlikely that Skurge and Amora will show up, and most likely, it won't happen. ya know?

You missed my small mention of introducing the characters Amora/Skurge in T:TDW (if only after the credits) and yes Zemo "just seems logical." this is all PURELY speculation, i was only giving a rundown of what I thought might be cool if they chose the MoE route. nothing more. I'm actually quite certain it won't happen. Just a little stirring of the pot.

It was just like a... "what characters would you like to see in a MCU MoE, and how might they come about?" haha. in other words im bored.

gotcha. My appologies friend. I didn't read ALL of the thread. I didn't notice the after credit scene part you said.

Then again, most likely the after credit scene will involve surtur :p

If the Masters of Evil are in a film it'll be an eclectic group of characters, not the same archetype x4. I don't think the Masters of Evil will be in Avengers 2, but if they were it would be a lot easier to introduce a few new villains than it would be to try to force the group of characters already around to have any sort of interesting dynamic together.

Yeah, it would be easier. but They alrody introduced villains are malekith, kurse, crossbones, mandarin, and possible zemo..etc. It probably won't happen, but my point was IF avengers 2 was MoE, we have all these characters introduced, that they would ultimately be wrapped up in a team. Cause introducing a few more charaacters IN an avengers movie, and developing a solid motive, that just will take away screen time. And it doesn't seem like there is any more room to introduce MORE villains during phase 2. So I think that IF they do MoE for avengers 2, it will be a mix of phase 2 villains. as lame as it may be, that's what i think they would do, IF they did moe

Haha. MCU has free reign to do whateverTF they want in Phase 2. They are in uncharted territory with a full tank of gas. It will likely be totally unpredictable so our predictions are moot.

I could see them throwing in E&E at the end of T:TDW. And after they are "defeated" along with the rest of the MoE, maybe they come back with a vengeance and unleash surtur in Thor 3. :D maybe not. but any and all of this stuff would be cool to see on screen so Im stretching my imagination.

Haha. MCU has free reign to do whateverTF they want in Phase 2. They are in uncharted territory with a full tank of gas. It will likely be totally unpredictable so our predictions are moot.

I could see them throwing in E&E at the end of T:TDW. And after they are "defeated" along with the rest of the MoE, maybe they come back with a vengeance and unleash surtur in Thor 3. :D maybe not. but any and all of this stuff would be cool to see on screen so Im stretching my imagination.

oh they can do whatever they want lol. That thing is kurse, malekith, crossbones, zemo(maybe) manderin, and whoever else we got confirmed.

Theycertainly can do whatever, but it will be packed lol, and seems a wee bit unlikely, don'tcha think?

tohugh if they are setting up a traditional MoE, I guess they can could keep it under wraps. but i think this avengers 2 will be a stepping stone to an infinityy gauntlet centered phase 3.

it seems the IG won't be of significance in thor. which means whatever back story it has will begin to be revealed in GotG. Idk, one movie doesn't seem like enough to set up something as big as the IG

One movie is plenty for the IG if you approach it right. Don't want Marvel to catch Peter Jackson Syndrome :o

oh they can do whatever they want lol. That thing is kurse, malekith, crossbones, zemo(maybe) manderin, and whoever else we got confirmed.

Theycertainly can do whatever, but it will be packed lol, and seems a wee bit unlikely, don'tcha think?

tohugh if they are setting up a traditional MoE, I guess they can could keep it under wraps. but i think this avengers 2 will be a stepping stone to an infinityy gauntlet centered phase 3.

it seems the IG won't be of significance in thor. which means whatever back story it has will begin to be revealed in GotG. Idk, one movie doesn't seem like enough to set up something as big as the IG

Well. I thought that way about IM3 too.
The Mandarin
Aldrich Killian
Coldblood
Firepower
Radioactive Man? (Wang Xuegi maybe/probablynot)
Madame Masque? (Stephanie Szostak, maybe/probablynot)

Maybe their goal is to load these phase 2 movies up with new characters to solidify future plot lines and spin offs and sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"