Sequels Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

It was a crap idea the first time and it hasn't improved with age. Stop.

Michael Korvac - but add a terrorist angle to his 'reshape the Earth' beliefs. Similar to John Harrison in Into Darkness

I was serious.

come on. I really don't mean to come off aggressively, but why do you think it would be a good idea to have stark create him? Pym will be in the MCU within the next few years. Why change Ultron's origin when his great origin can still be created on screen?

its not like pym wont be there

jaqua99 said:
come on. I really don't mean to come off aggressively, but why do you think it would be a good idea to have stark create him? Pym will be in the MCU within the next few years. Why change Ultron's origin when his great origin can still be created on screen?

its not like pym wont be there

Does the general public at large know that Hank Pym created Ultron? He's just not that interesting. We all know about Iron Man and Tony Stark.

Does the general public at large know that Hank Pym created Ultron? He's just not that interesting. We all know about Iron Man and Tony Stark.
Did you just say Hank Pym wasn't interesting...?

That's why I've had I'm Venom on ignore for months...he's a flat-out troll. But reading what he said in your quote, I had to lol:

"Does the general public at large know that Hank Pym created Ultron?"

Better question: does the general public at large know who Ultron is? *Or* Hank Pym? (Hint: no.)

That's why I've had I'm Venom on ignore for months...he's a flat-out troll. But reading what he said in your quote, I had to lol:

Better question: does the general public at large know who Ultron is? *Or* Hank Pym? (Hint: no.)

Doesn't really matter if they do though, because if Ultron is done properly, he will look very cool, and that will add to Pym's popularity. I don't see why everything needs to be put into one basket with Stark. Ant-Man could prove popular too, and then people would wish that Ultron were properly assigned to his rightful creator.

:huh: in my eyes, Ultron and Pym's relationship is one of the most interesting ones in comcs

Does the general public at large know that Hank Pym created Ultron? He's just not that interesting.

Tell that to all the fans of the character, I'm sure they'll agree and maybe even throw you a party since you were kind enough to choose their preferences for them.

Even better question: Did the general public at large know who Tony Stark was before Iron Man?

Stark's had enough success without robbing aspects from an entirely different character and depriving that character's fans the chance to see him onscreen.

I maintain that it's a crap idea. And I'm always right.

cherokeesam said:

Translation: I turn every discussion into an argument when somebody disagrees with me, so ignoring them ensures I never have to look moronic or lose another debate again and referring to them as a troll means that their opinion isn't the same as mine.

Last edited:
Even better question: Did the general public at large know who Tony Stark was before Iron Man?

Stark's had enough success without robbing aspects from an entirely different character and depriving that character's fans the chance to see him onscreen.

I maintain that it's a crap idea. And I'm always right.

I agree with you 110%.
I've always said that what distinguishes Ultron from other killer robots is his oedipal complex with Hank and Jan. You can't plug that into Tony's story, unless you were to sub Pepper for Jan, and Jesus Christ who wants that? I think even Gwyneth is getting sick of the refrigerator following Pepper around (it might even catch up to her in IM3, who knows), so we're all better off without her becoming the object of a killer robot's affections.

I agree with you 110%.
I've always said that what distinguishes Ultron from other killer robots is his oedipal complex with Hank and Jan. You can't plug that into Tony's story, unless you were to sub Pepper for Jan, and Jesus Christ who wants that? I think even Gwyneth is getting sick of the refrigerator following Pepper around (it might even catch up to her in IM3, who knows), so we're all better off without her becoming the object of a killer robot's affections.

Stark has father issues in the movie. and, in the books, Ultron has never fridged Jan. that's not to say that i think that Pym should be left out of Ultron's movie origin.

:huh: in my eyes, Ultron and Pym's relationship is one of the most interesting ones in comcs

didn't stop Ultron from using Stark's body to "become" Janet Van Dyne. and that was from a leftover plot where he was Tony's armor, at one point. he's definatley Pym's creation. but Stark is associated with A.I., as well (antigone, plato, rebuilding vision, etc).

Ant-manic said:
Stark has father issues in the movie. and, in the books, Ultron has never fridged Jan. that's not to say that i think that Pym should be left out of Ultron's movie origin.

Pym isn't an Avenger in the first one. He could still be a scientist working for SHIELD.

I don't like the idea of Pym being on the team. You have Banner and Iron Man. The brains department is covered. The only reason to include him is to get Ultron. People are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

Last edited:
tE3fxgo.gif

That Ant-Man suit from the test footage would look badass alongside Iron Man, Thor, Cap, and Hulk.

didn't stop Ultron from using Stark's body to "become" Janet Van Dyne. and that was from a leftover plot where he was Tony's armor, at one point. he's definatley Pym's creation. but Stark is associated with A.I., as well (antigone, plato, rebuilding vision, etc).

I'm aware. But what does that have to do with Ultron's creation? nothing

@I'm Venom:

I understand that you dislike the Hank Pym character and find him unnecessary, and would prefer him not to be a featured character in the MCU. That is well and good... arguing personal preference is a waste of time. However, we know that the Ant Man movie IS coming, and will be kicking off Phase III.

With this in mind, wouldn't it be more rational to associate the Ultron story arc with Hank Pym/Jan over Stark? Wouldn't the Ultron association add a plenty of texture and richness to the former (Pym/Jan) story arc, while being somewhat superfluous to the latter (Stark)?

Yes, the comics are not the holy grail, and where necessary, things can (and should) be tweaked to better suit the movies. However, in my opinion, a tweak of this nature is not only unnecessary, it would be counter-productive in the grand scheme of things.

And to answer the central question posed in the thread:

Avengers 2 - Thanos
Avengers 3 - Ultron

Both in terms of what I want to see and in terms of what I believe the MCU is building towards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"