Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by The Overlord, Jan 27, 2012.

?

Who should in the villain in the Man of Steel sequel?

1. Brainiac

2. Darkseid

3. Metallo

4. Parasite

5. Mongul

6. Mister Mxyzptlk

7. Toyman

8. Prankster

9. Doomsday

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NewYorkSpider

I like this right here. I do think that Lex needs to be in the sequel, though. Maybe with him confronting Superman at the end of the movie.

2. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

That sounds good!

3. Harley2004

Harley2004 Well-Known Member

4. Obi Wan Kenobi

Obi Wan Kenobi Well-Known Member

Metallo and Brainiac

Doomsday for a trilogoy and Darkseid will be for a Justice League film

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Autobot Slacker

Actually, Johns' portrayal of Corben in "Secret Origin" and the New 52 version of him got me thinking...why not give Metallo a genius military intellect instead of relative thuggishness for once? This is something I thought about when I suggested Metallo be a reconditioned robot from Zod's army operated by a similarly-salvaged Kryptonian thought-control device in another thread: you could actually have Corben be as old as you like - meaning that much more combat experience and strategic skill - and should he die unexpectedly the thought-control device would basically backdoor his mind (or some version of it) into the robot upon death. Plus Metallo being a purely Kryptonian construct with its weaknesses reinforced by STAR Labs would help subvert the use of Luthor and Kryptonite yet again (I'd personally like to see Luthor disavowed from the MOS franchise or at the very least not featured in major capacity, so that the GA can be reminded that Superman actually has enemies OTHER than Lex Luthor)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  6. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I think you are onto something here regarding a change for Metallo, possibly even a full merge of some old and new concepts creating something new.

7. Caped Wonder

Caped Wonder Active Member

I really do want Lex Luthor for the sequel, but failing that, definitely Brainiac. That villain has so much story potential. The writers could take the Superman TAS route and make Brainiac tied in with the history and fate of Krypton, or perhaps something else. It would work, either way.

8. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Combination of Lex and Brainiac, boom. Then the third one before any team up flicks features a huge hulking villain like Mongul/Darkseid/Doomsday.

9. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

Pretty much. We need someone who can field multiple peons for Superman to dismantle, and someone to make Luthor's epic plan more epic, and somewhat personal.

I still see Metallo as a more natural thing for Lex Luthor to do, though. Perhaps the idea of a Metallo as Brainiac I or something, not sure. But that working of Kryptonite and Military contracting into something respectable really makes sense.

10. CGHulk

CGHulk Well-Known Member

Brainiac is my choice for the second film, and for third film I want Darkseid. These two are the off world epic villians! Do it Warner's/DC!

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  11. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

I want Brainiac to be the main bad guy in part 2, with Luthor working behind the scenes with Hank Henshaw to create Doomsday and the Cyborg Superman, which will come into play in part 3.

12. Pickleweasel

Pickleweasel Well-Known Member

Manchester Black would be cool because it wont be another alien invasion and it will
    justify his actions since superman kills in this movie

13. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Evildoer

Brainiac. That character truly deserves the big budget, silver screen treatment, and there's just so much potential there. That being said, Luthor's introduction, and rivalry with Superman should also be established. Think I would save a potential warsuit battle for the 3rd film.

14. alexnyc

alexnyc Well-Known Member

How about brainiac, darkseid and doomsday? i kinda like this.

15. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

i think they should follow the X2 dynamic.

Have Brainiac arrive and be trying to obtain some kind of Kryptonian artifact thinking Superman knows something.

Lex offers his help to Superman and Brainiac ends up showing his true colors.

Lex helps to stop Brainiac but then turns on Superman thinking he's saving Earth from all these aliens. This is when Superman realizes Lex is more dangerous than he appears.

16. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I dont think they could go two whole superman movies without prominently featuring Lex Luthor but I voted Brainiac.

17. terry78

They'll include Lex in some form in the sequel, he's the archenemy, period. You know he's just sitting back watching all the **** in the first movie unfold.

18. smallville fan

Braniac and Darkseid are better for the Justice League movie in my opinion. I'd say most likely Lex Luthor would be better for Man of Steel 2. If they want to, they can have Metallo as a henchman. I'd say if you want to think of good villains for Man of Steel 2, it has to go along with the general tone of how Man of Steel is going to play out. Given the tone is set for a gritty, darker and a some-what realistic take on things(while still incorporating the sci-fi, alien aspects) I don't really see villains like Bizarro, Toyman, Parasite or even Mr Mxyzptlk would fit in that world.

I would like to see them do a story line involving the Eradicator. I'd say he would fit right in with all the Kryptonian/Alien sci-fi stuff they've got going on in that world. He would start out as a villain, maybe something Luthor temporarily reprograms from Kryptonian technology salvaged? Then later he becomes good and aids Superman.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  19. terry78

They already went too real with Superman Returns. Snyder has no issue with getting a little fantastical.

20. smallville fan

Yeah I know that, Snyder by the looks of things perfectly tackled the right mix of real and fantastical(and that mix should continue and stay where it's at), I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I would like a good follow-up villain to Michael Shannon's Zod(Hand's down the best Superhero-movie villain this year!) and Bizarro, Toyman, Parasite, Mr Mxyzptlk don't fit the bill.

21. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

I vote for other the villain I would like to see is a cooperative effort between Operation Cadmus and Lex Luthor to create the perfect anti-superman weapon ................
    [​IMG]

22. SentinelMind

SentinelMind Well-Known Member

I would save Braniac as third villain in trilogy..with a very good writer....the fact that he's artificial intelligence can be used to explore advancement of technology is eradicating human kind's personal privacy and creating a sense of alienation in an ironically 'connected' society. Braniac would be an artificial intelligence tyrant uses personal information to mold people into an authoritarian agenda, try to collect history from civilization and use the data instill a new world order. If he had some sort of Kryptonian background he could be a real psychological threat as well as physical for Superman.

For second movie I'd go Lex/Metallo/Parasite. Bam.

23. smallville fan

[YT]6s7vk0RAHn8[/YT]

[YT]pqMHiniGLGw[/YT]

That is why Brainiac would be cool. However as I said before he would be better for a Justice League of America movie.

For Man of Steel 2 I'd vote for Lex Luthor, maybe even have Metallo as a bodyguard/hired gun. Here's an interesting thought/pitch for Lex Luthor which could further expand the DC Cinematic Universe:

Lex Luthor in the movie would be playing the part of the ambitious and corrupt Business man/CEO/Aspiring Politician. He's basically a combination of Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor:

[YT]vALtCw1yvm8[/YT] and [YT]4PbaZCWpqrs[/YT]

and DCAU's/animated series Lex

[YT]u-4q2ncKCyo[/YT] and [YT]ZZcOmIN4o8Y[/YT]

In secret he has a hired gun/bodyguard named John Corben aka Metallo, he'd essentially be the fist and guns for Luthor while he's the brains. Now here's where it gets interesting, in order to gain a stronger foothold in the criminal underworld, he uses Intergang who are all on Lex's payroll to orchestrate further hits and perform heists on certain organisations like Waynetech in order to further his own agendas(I'll leave that to Snyder/Goyer to decide).

I figured that if they want to do Darkseid/Apokolips somewhere down the line, Intergang might be able to provide that start.

24. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Lex and Metallo. Give him a "human" villain..

25. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Lex seems to be the most popular choice since he's probably the most iconic Superman villain, but I want to see someone that we haven't seen in a live-action Superman film before.

I want Brainiac or Darkseid.