BvS Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Lex seems to be the most popular choice since he's probably the most iconic Superman villain, but I want to see someone that we haven't seen in a live-action Superman film before.

I want Brainiac or Darkseid.

Well I did suggest Intergang. Maybe have them using Apokaliptan technology? And they could address that for a eventual Darkseid appearance later.

I'd say introduce Lex, but not as the main villian, but one of the antagonists and probably Metallo (intro. kryptonite into the film)

I suspect they're. Saving Darkseid for the evenual JL flick, but plant tyhe seeds in previos films.

Lex and Metallo. Give him a "human" villain..

I agree, I think going smaller and more intimate villain would actually benefit the sequel after the mass destruction of MOS. There is a lot that can be done with Metallo in particular.

Lex Luthor (big baddie pulling the strings)

Metallo (former criminal retrofitted with Kryptonian metals after an accident ruined his body)

Intergang (Metallo's old crew, bankrolled by Luthor secretly, & it gives something for Lois and Clark to investigate, highlighting their reporting skills).

The action can be great; but not total destruction.

Metallo makes sense, it includes Luthor but he is not central. You know with all the cameos Lexcorp made he was just watching the battle below and having a typical Luthor reaction to the whole ordeal.

Metallo makes sense, it includes Luthor but he is not central. You know with all the cameos Lexcorp made he was just watching the battle below and having a typical Luthor reaction to the whole ordeal.

"No, the bakery!"

I actually DON'T want an alien for the next film. It really should b about humanity's counter response to Superman... like a Luthor/Metallo or Luthor/Bizarro combo. Save Brainiac or Doomsday for the third movie

You can't really introduce Metallo without Kryptonite. So that puts him at long odds.

I think they actually need to create a new villain. I'm not sure any of Superman's mainstays except Lex really address the problems MOS brings up.

I agree. Superman's here to stay. So what is the response?

Cloning Superman for a Bizarro is too soon.

Last edited:
You can't really introduce Metallo without Kryptonite. So that puts him at long odds.

I think they actually need to create a new villain. I'm not sure any of Superman's mainstays except Lex really address the problems MOS brings up.

I Completely disagree with the idea of a new villain. That is something that you don't need to introduce in the second film. People need characters that they can recognize or that have never been done before but not something altogether new that isn't even involved with the Mythos at this point.

Superman's villains, even though he technically will always be stronger than most of them, have survived all this time because they're persistent as **** knowing full well how strong he is, yet they continue to challenge him. Each of them always thinks they're going to be the guy that can finally take him down.

1) Did they say they dont ever want to use Kryponite? I remember reading they didnt want to use it in the first movie. I hope they do use it eventually if at least for one movie

2) There response for Superman being here to stay is that some, like Lex, dont trust him. So Lex tries to build something to combat him or stop him in case he goes like Metallo or something of that sort

The sequel should be depending on the storyline can be:
Death of Superman followed by Superman Lives--corny I know
Man of Steel: Birthright followed by Man of Tomorrow
Reign of Doomsday followed by Superman Unchained

Brainiac is the popular choice by a wide margin.

He's also been next in line as the villain for a Supes film for a long time coming.

I think we can bet it'll be Brainiac with Lex Luthor involved.

1) Did they say they dont ever want to use Kryponite? I remember reading they didnt want to use it in the first movie. I hope they do use it eventually if at least for one movie

2) There response for Superman being here to stay is that some, like Lex, dont trust him. So Lex tries to build something to combat him or stop him in case he goes like Metallo or something of that sort

I'm saying MOS sets up a human answer to Superman. Kryptonite is an alien solution.

Everyone keeps saying Lex cause Lex wouldn't stay on the sidelines for long once Superman shows up.

Metallo isn't really a response to Superman. His motivations are just his own. He'll fight him if he gets in his way.

None of Superman's other villains really represent a human response. Morgan Edge/Intergang would be a great way to showcase how crime escalates but I'm not sure that's enough to sustain a whole movie and up the visuals from MOS.

I'd like to see them work out something for Lex Luthor & Manchester Black.

How about lex getting hold of some kryptonian tech left over from the battle and that the ai from the machine gets corrupted and walla we have a new version of brainiac. Not the usual backstory but going back to aliens coming to the planet again would be too similar. This way it satisfies lex, brainiac and not a rehash from the first movie.

They could possibly use Superman's newest villain if the comic is popular.

I think first LexCorp would build a kind of machine based army for the military, perhaps something like the Omac project, and then it escalates to being merged in secret with a human experiment which is where Metallo comes in as Lex's pawn against Superman but with his own agenda that makes it harder for Luthor to control him than he had bargained for.

Of course the latter part rests on how they work Kryptonite into the story and more importantly how Lex discovers that it's harmful to Superman.

For the sequel they should have Lex as the main villain, angry at the destruction of Metropolis and the power wielded by Superman decides to research and create supermen to counter any more potential alien threats. He ends up creating Metallo, and Parasite who become the secondary villains for the flick. Superman ends up taking down Metallo and Parasite but is unable to gather evidence against Lex.

For the third the villains should be Lex with his mechsuit, and Brainiac.

Darkseid is best used in a Justice League movie, along with Doomsday.

I'd like to see a central Villian like Lex with a grand plot scheme and another sub-plot human villian who Supes is seen taking out early in the film, like toy man terrorizing with explosive toys. Kind of like Scarecrow in TDK. We got to see him being superman and stopping crime, which may be related to Lex's grander scheme, which in turn makes Lex want to take out this nuisance, Superman.

I think producers have avoided Brainiac and Metallo because they are too complex and comic bookie. The names alone are hard to sell.

Of course the latter part rests on how they work Kryptonite into the story and more importantly how Lex discovers that it's harmful to Superman.

If Lex and Kryptonite are written into the sequel, this is indeed something I have an interest in seeing played out. Never really cared for how it was explained, or rather, 'not' explained in Superman: The Movie, as Lex seems to be aware that Kryptonite is harmful to Superman almost by intuition alone.

I think producers have avoided Brainiac and Metallo because they are too complex and comic bookie. The names alone are hard to sell.

Maybe in 1997 but not anymore. Not with the "comic bookie" things Marvel has been pushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"