Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fight Club' started by hyperion04, Jul 23, 2004.
Now to take out the garbage.
This is Supes throwing Hulk's green ass showing that he's strong enough to hurt him:
And this one shows that a direct hit to the chest of supes by the hulk was pointless:
Ah shizz, who the hell let DACMAN out of the box again? And I thought Hulkster was bad.
1.) He threw Superman to Saturn, which in and of itself is COMPLETELY unrealistic seeing as Supes has been thrown by Imperiex, who's levels of magnitude stronger than Hulk, and he never went anywhere near Saturn.
2.) Throwing someone, WITHOUT harm, isn't a win.
3.) Walrus just showed you what a fight between the 2 would be.
No. He showed me how a fight would go when you
A. Have fans vote on it. So it was a popularity contest. Not to mention Peter David wrote that and explained why Supes "won". I posted a link to youtube that also lays it out. Peter David himself said the HULK couldn't get madder and stronger.
and B. Cut off the comic before the part that says the HULK is getting stronger and the duel tipping sides towards the HULK.
But I seriously love how you guess ignored the points this guy made.
1. You are seriously going to argue what is realistic when it comes to superheroes? A guy who has pushed planets. Or a giant green dude who's shattered an asteroid twice the size of earth with one punch. Ok dude...
2. Overpowering pre-crisis Superman and throwing him 750000000 miles (yes, it's that far) for a ringout, is a win.
3. Again, Walrus showed me a comic he cherry picked. Let's see the rest of it that goes on to say the HULK was starting to win.
Hulk couldn't throw anything to Saturn, let alone Superman. That example is as ******ed as Rulk wielding Mjolnir. ie bad, nonsensical writing.
As opposed to the one that YOU showed us?
Please. All I did was google up Supes and Hulk images and those were on the first two pages.
So you admit you haven't even read the rest of the comic? You just googled it? That's epic.
You can say that all you want. Say it backwards, forwards, while standing on your head. Go ahead and scream it until your face is blue. It doesn't matter. The HULK did just that. He threw Superman's red and blue tush all the way to saturn. And not just any Superman, a pre-crisis Superman that was now "laying down the law!". That's why it's called a checkmate.
And...read the rest of my post. It makes about as much sense as Rulk wielding Mjolnir. In fact, it makes less sense. So it doesn't count.
Crappy writing doesn't count.
And it's not bias, if Superman threw Hulk to Saturn I'd say it doesn't count either.
Yeah, that's what it comes down to then isn't it? Everyone else is using logic and you're just sipping the Kool Aid. You'll end up just like Hulkster, banned because you end up snapping in the face of logic. When it all comes to light, you're just a fanboy.
-Superman is levels of magnitude faster than Hulk. Supes uses his speed ad Hulk gets hit several hundred times before he can move an inch.
-Superman starts off stronger than Hulk in his gloves on approach, when he truly exerts himself and doesn't hold back as he does with Doomsday or Darkseid, and the Hulk is going to get pounded through the floor and have to regenerate his face.
-Superman is easily more Durable.
-Supes is also far more intelligent and strategic and time and time again smartr guys have managed to defeat Hulk because he is THAT stupid.
All that into account isn't even mentioning heat vision, freezing breath, or hurricane class wind breath.
Hulk is a one dimensional guy with little brains going up against a superior fighter with versatility.
I never said that. I said to find the comic all I had to do was google it. I read it a long time ago. It wasn't all that good really.
Oh. My bad. Though I will agree, it wasn't even that good. Minus the fact pre-crisis Superman was thrown all the way to saturn...
Oh God, not again...
I found bits of this information all over and tired to put it together.
Superman Vs Hulk
First and foremost we are talking about the current Superman (2008) and the current Hulk (2008). We are weighing the facts of the current versions of these two characters.
Superman today is far superior in power compared to the Superman who battled Doomsday. He works at a much higher level than Hulk, his recent feats prove that.
Speed - Superman is able to move at 99% the speed of light within earth's atmosphere. He's been shown faster in outer space.
Heat Vision – Superman’s heat vision is as hot as the core of a star.
Strength – Here are Superman's high end feats:
1. Atomizing Earth 2 as the collateral damage of hitting, and being hit by, Kal-L; that is, the planet received no hit, but was simply destroyed as a collateral effect of a single punch on the two combatants' bodies. (Superman Infinite Crisis TPB)
2. Shattering the boundaries of space and time by way of his fight against Kal-L; that is, hitting each other so hard that: 1) Superman and Kal-L actually switch into the past, present and future of each other's lives; 2) Elseworld versions of themselves actually manifested in time and space. (Superman Infinite Crisis TPB)
3. Holding a black hole in one hand; then producing sufficient static electricity (via rubbing his hands) for Green Lantern to corral into a temporary containment force; then actually throwing the black hole into another black hole. (JLA 81 or 82)
(Incidentally black holes are the collapsed remains of super-massive stars that have, at minimum, the mass of at least 30 of our Sun, according to modern science.)
4. Superman reverses the vibratory pattern of an entire alternate Earth; does so from high orbit; that is, not even touching the planet. (Adventures of Superman Cannibal Planet)
5. Superman and Kal-L, who came up equal in their fight, manhandle Superboy Prime across galaxies and force him through Krypton's Sun. Superboy Prime; it was said and shown, was strong enough to move planets as easily as someone moves chess pieces. (Infinite Crisis)
6. Superman splitting "a small Saturnian moon" in Lex 2000; or nearly knocking the Moon out of orbit merely by pounding on it (as one would pound on a table) while sick from Kryptonite poisoning (Til Death Do Us Part TPB).
7. When Superman and Flash last raced, Flash explained that if Superman stopped dead in his tracks, it would destroy everything between the Flash's city and Moscow. That's a far larger tract of land than the Rockies -- it's an immense chunk of the planet.
8. Superman broke through a dome powerful enough to contain a nuclear blast with a stray backhand when he fought the Eradicator.
9. Superman also punched Bizarro through the planet, from Metropolis to China, in one hit.
10. Superman flew from Vega to Earth in seconds, or light years from a spaceship to the inside of a Sun Eater. He waded through Earth's assembled alien forces (J'onn, Powergirl, Kilowog, etc.) in a matter of panels. One shots Despero with heat vision, has his power depleted and is thrown through Earth and into its core and survives. He alsosurvived a 700 light year anti-matter explosion with his powers depleted. (Action Comics, May 2007)
In addition, it should be noted that Imperiex (God's cosmic agent of universal creation and destruction), who possessed universe-level power (essentially he was the Big Bang), could not break out of Brainiac 13's containment field. Sun-dipped Superman could. Imperiex selected and possessed Superman to do it and Brainiac 13 pleaded with Superman not to do it. So, a sun-dipped Superman was powerful enough to break a cell that a Big Bang level force could not.
Now, Imperiex's Probes were not as powerful as Imperiex himself. Nevertheless, an entire army of "solar converted" Daxamites could not put a single dent into a Probe. Only Superman, Doomsday and Zod managed to destroy Probes with their bare hands -- the rest had to use magical artifacts (Wonder Woman's shield and lasso, the Trident of Poseidon) or advanced tech (B-13 based nuclear tanks)
Also, Superman didn't just move Warworld while sun-dipped, he moved Warworld against the "full counter thrusters" of the Imperiex Power. Prior to absorbing the Imperiex Power, Warworld was powerful enough to travel across the universe, with the Imperiex Power; Warworld could destroy, recreate and control the universe.
At the close of the story, we saw just how powerful the force that was Brainiac 13's "blood" actually was: The power is released adjacent to the Big Bang, creating a parallel universe that blended with the Big Bang's universe. As great as that power was, it could not outmuscle the sun-dipped Superman, much less put down or destroy the augmented Man of Steel.
In short a sun-dipped Superman was more powerful than a being that had the power of creating and destroying a Universe. (Our Worlds at War)
What is World War Hulk going to do against that? Nothing but get his ass kicked across the multiverse.
If we were putting aside all writing and stories and just pitting Hulk against Superman and only taking their powers into account, I think the clear winner would be Superman.
Simply for one reason. Super Speed.
If Superman used his Super Speed to it's full advantage, he would waste the Hulk. Because Hulk can't hit what he can't see.
If Superman used his superspeed to his full advantage, almost no one would be able to beat him. And that's also the reason why we rarely see him use it in the comics. Because if he did use it, his strength, in addition to his other powers, with the speed, he's practically unstoppable.
I've been dismissing Hulk as a contender in this mess but even 'll say most of those feats are just insanely bad writing. Stronger than he Big Bag? Holding Black Holes? Punching each other through time?
That's simply not Supes.
Actually those all Supes. He's blown out stars before to impress Lois while on a date. I didn't know they were going back to that crazy stuff.
This goes to show you've never read a HULK comic, or have read very little. Which means your opinion doesn't mean squat in all this.
Hulk doesn't have brains. Not normal 5 year old kid Hulk anyway. He's as thick as ****.
So unless you are talking about Green Scar Hulk, Professor Hulk or Fixit Hulk, then no, Gen is not wrong.
The Hulk that most people know, the Hulk from most of his appearances is little more than a really, really big and strong 5 year old child having the biggest temper tantrum imaginable.
Ah the beloved defense of fools and the simple minded; if you disagree with them then you must not know much about the subject. How quaint. You couldn't find a pair of knockers at a strip club and following those same mental failures you couldn't make a valid point in this debate so you opt out with this online cowardice utilized by so many other weak minded individuals before you.
THIS is why most people use the name DACMAN when referring to the pinnacle of fanboy idiocy in any avenue of comics or otherwise. Your fanaticism has transcended comics as a whole.
Congrats, your self-destructing brain cells have made you famous.
Good show old boy!