Why do you want to see this movie?

I want to see this film because I'm a bad boy...:eek: :p

WTFimVENOM said:
:o :down The majority of spidey fans and I beg to differ
hmm... I wonder how well SM3 would do if Venom wasn't in it :p
So far the franchise has made 1.6 Billion without Venom. It would do just fine. It's this kind of "Venom is king of the world" attitude, is one reason why I'm glad he's going to die. Don't get your dirty panties in a twist, I like Venom (I like the symbiote on Spidey better) just not enough to see him being ****ed out on film, like he is in the comics.;)

Visionary said:
So far the franchise has made 1.6 Billion without Venom. It would do just fine. It's this kind of "Venom is king of the world" attitude, is one reason why I'm glad he's going to die. Don't get your dirty panties in a twist, I like Venom (I like the symbiote on Spidey better) just not enough to see him being ****ed out on film, like he is in the comics.;)
If in your rant you're implying that Venom will be overused, I sincerely doubt it.

Thanks to Sam Raimi he won't be, as I tip my hat to him.:)

But if it were up to Avi Arad/Marvel, we'd probably have orange, blue, purple and green symbiotes on screen. Enough to make a bowl of Symbiote Fruit Loops.:D

Visionary said:
Sandman and Harry in a snowsuit doesn't sound like a spidey film I'd enjoy too much, and for the overuse of Venom, I agree. I would have been ok with Venom dieing but they just had to bring him back as scorpion with a crappy new look :o . Don't take my last post as a "Venom is The best EVER" statement, I simply said that Venom is popular in the spidey fanbase and Im sick of the few ppl who say that he is a terrible villain. Maby u should hav futhered your statement and said that Venom should have been killed to prevent his ruin, instead of just saying he should die. You left it open to interpretation, my statement still stands :p

Visionary said:
Thanks to Sam Raimi he won't be, as I tip my hat to him.:)

But if it were up to Avi Arad/Marvel, we'd probably have orange, blue, purple and green symbiotes on screen. Enough to make a bowl of Symbiote Fruit Loops.:D
I also agree that the overuse of symbiots in the comics was terrible

I loved racing home after school to put on Spiderman (90's TAS) and seeing my favourite hero in action. may 4, 2007 I will love racing to the theatres to take my seet and watch my favourite hero in live action.

WTFimVENOM said:
Sandman and Harry in a snowsuit doesn't sound like a spidey film I'd enjoy too much,
Well, geez, I didn't know SM3's entire success depends on what you DON'T or DO like as an individual. There are other people in this world you know.:dry:
and for the overuse of Venom, I agree. I would have been ok with Venom dieing but they just had to bring him back a scorpion with a crappy new look :o . Don't take my last post as a "Venom is The best EVER" statement, I simply said that Venom is popular in the spidey fanbase and Im sick of the few ppl who say that he is a terrible villain. Maby u should hav futhered your statement and said that Venom should have been killed to prevent his ruin, instead of just saying he should die. You left it open to interpretation, my statement still stands :p
You know damn well what I meant. The overfloweth of Venom isn't good for the comics and wouldn't be good for the films.

And I'm happy that Venom is in the movie (I still could have waited for SM5), in fact, I think he's needed, not on a story-level (the symbiote/Spidey alone would have sufficed) but on a business-level. I'm damn aware of Venom's popularity. And with Shrek 3/Pirates 3 coming out 2 weeks later, Venom is that extra boost. So, don't think I don't want to see Venom, or that I don't like the character. I just don't want this franchise to become THE VENOM SHOW...like X-Men movies are with THE WOLVERINE SHOW. But then again, I'll always take my classic Spidey villains over the new cool.:cool:

Visionary said:
I just don't want this franchise to become THE VENOM SHOW....:cool:

That would have been great at one point. Origin of Venom in part 3, Spidey battles Venom all over the place in part 4, Spidey Teams w/ Venom in part 5. I would have had several years of geekgasms, had a different actor been cast for Venom.
Oh well, there's always a chance we could get an animated series called "The Venom Show." EUPHORIA, I say.:sym: :sym: :sym:

i'd rather have the symbiote detach itself from Eddie at the end of the film then return to him in a Venom film (which could then introduce Carnage) which takes place over the period of time that the events of Spidey 4 and 5 are taking place. Then both Venom and Carnage return in Spidey 5 or 6 for an ultimate showdown.

And it could keep to the films continuaty, like in Spidey 4 it can appear in the Daily Bugle that there has been a jail break and Eddie among others (including Cassidy) has escaped to which Peter isn't too happy about, then Venom can appear in places (hidden) during the Spidey films that someone with a good eye can spot him, and then in the Venom film it will make it obvious where he is and you can see Spidey from Eddies point of view (i know thats probably confusing)

i cant think of any films where that has happened but hopefully you all understand what i mean =].

theShape said:
I just want to see the next chapter in Peter Parker's struggles.

Superbeasto said:
I want to see this movie becuase its the third installement of the best super hero movie franchise, that every time gets better

:up: :up: Me too. In addition to the above sentiments, I'll add the following reason:

Tobey Maguire

I want to see what he does with the dark side of the role. Been waiting on him to play a villain for quite some time.

Solidus said:
Cameron is a one of the best but his directing is quite traditional and Sam thinks out side of the box.

WHAT?

Cameron is anything BUT traditional, and ALWAYs thinks outside of the box. In Terminator 2, he deliberately made sure Arnold Shwarzenegger, the man famous for his action movies with a high body count, didn't kill anyone. The T-1000 in the same film was something never ever done before.

Raimi has a distinctive style, but you can't say Cameron is less imaginative than him.

James Cameron, come on, is a better director than Sam Raimi.

for everything it promises.... cool CGI Venom and Sandman effects, black Spider-Man, Gwen and MJ, Harry going nuts, and the goddamn battle royale...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"