Why does everyone hate Hillary Clinton so much?

sinewave said:
was that sarcasm? because he's not exactly doing a great job in that role right now.

In what sense? He seems to be doing better than his predecessors.

Sandman138 said:
In what sense? He seems to be doing better than his predecessors.

i dunno, the party's image hasn't really improved since he's taken over. plus, he's like a lightning rod for attacks from the GOP. maybe i haven't been paying enough attention, but i have no idea what, if any, good he's brought about since he became the chairman. i mean, aside from pissing off dick cheney. :)

sinewave said:
i dunno, the party's image hasn't really improved since he's taken over. plus, he's like a lightning rod for attacks from the GOP. maybe i haven't been paying enough attention, but i have no idea what, if any, good he's brought about since he became the chairman. i mean, aside from pissing off dick cheney. :)

Okay, yes he's a lightning rod for attacks and he needs to learn when to shut his mouth. However, his fundraising has been near unprecedented and his grassroots stratagies have been working well. The DNC, despite having a long way to go, has become more competitive with him as chairman.

Sandman138 said:
Okay, yes he's a lightning rod for attacks and he needs to learn when to shut his mouth. However, his fundraising has been near unprecedented and his grassroots stratagies have been working well. The DNC, despite having a long way to go, has become more competitive with him as chairman.

well, i'll just shut up then. :) i've always liked the guy and thought he'd make for a very strong, passionate and progressive president. i didn't know he was doing that well with the fundraising. which grassroots strategies has he introduced?

HIs fundraising ability is the entire reason he was so well received for the role of Chairman. Part of why he won though was because during the election for that job, all the other cadidates dropped out of the race, because they couldn't raise enough money to keep their campaign going.

50-state strategy
After Dean became Chairman of the DNC, he pledged to bring reform to the Party. Rather than focusing just on 'swing states,' Dean proposed what has come to be known as the 50-State Strategy. The goal, the DNC says, is for the Democratic Party to be committed to winning elections at every level in every region of the country, with Democrats organized in every single voting precinct in the country. State party chairs have lauded Dean with praise for raising money directly for the individual state parties.
Dean’s strategy uses a post-Watergate model taken from the Republicans of the mid-seventies. Working at the local, state and national level, the GOP built the party from the ground up. Dean's plan is to seed the local level with young and committed candidates, building them into state candidates in future races. Dean has travelled extensively through out the country with the plan, including places like Utah, Mississippi and Texas, states in which Republicans have dominated the political landscape.
Further changes have been made in attempting to make the stated platform of the Democratic party more coherent and compact. Overhauling the website, the official platform of the 2004 campaign, which was largely criticized as avoiding key issues and being the product of party insiders, was replaced with a simplified, though comprehensive categorizing of positions on a wide range of issues.
Dean’s plan marks a long-term shift, instead of the old Presidential politics Democrats played in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Dean
http://www.democrats.org/a/party/a_50_state_strategy/

Now somone tell me why Gephardt couldn't get elected. I wanna know, what makes him unnelectable? He seems perfect to me.

Democrats are the party of change. conservatives are the party of preserving the way things are now. This can become a problem for democrats who have been in office too long, because the democrats aren't supposed to be stuck in the past. In order to not be stuck in the past they end up having to flip flop on the issues and their previous stances come back to haunt them.

this is a problem for republicans as well, but I think it's less of a problem for them. Gepthardt was hurt because he supported the war even during the last election. As of now no democrat will have any chance of getting elected if they claim going into Iraq was the right thing to do. In fact LieberMan is considering running for his reelection to the senate as an Indepandent, because most likely he will have lost the nomination because of his support for the war and his closeness to the Bush administration.

He has since said "It was a mistake - I was wrong". That's a big admission, he didn't just say he was mislead, that shows character to me.

Sandman138 said:
He has since said "It was a mistake - I was wrong". That's a big admission, he didn't just say he was mislead, that shows character to me.

I didn't know he said that. It shows character to me too, assuming he isn't just playing politics. I totally think Kerry was playing politics with his position in Iraq. Howard Dean was definitely not. He opposed the war vocally even before we went there.

Spider-Bite said:
I didn't know he said that. It shows character to me too, assuming he isn't just playing politics. I totally think Kerry was playing politics with his position in Iraq. Howard Dean was definitely not. He opposed the war vocally even before we went there.

I totally agree with you there. It does show that Gephardt was the bigger man by admitting that he was wrong. Howard Dean probally would have won the primaries if he didn't come off as a nut.

It's interesting on AOL there are doing fantasy presidential elections. Hillary is losing to McCain and Guiliani, 50/50 against Rice, 54/46 against Frist, 55/45 against Pataki, 60/40 against Gingrich.

she is a mother****in *****!
hahaha.....no really she is. :mad:

Erzengel said:
It's interesting on AOL there are doing fantasy presidential elections. Hillary is losing to McCain and Guiliani, 50/50 against Rice, 54/46 against Frist, 55/45 against Pataki, 60/40 against Gingrich.

HIllary would rip rice a new one in an election. In a poll rescently done by MSNBC HIllary won by 19%!

You wonder why? 40% of the country does not want a female president. Almost every single one of them votes Republican. Therefore Rice would lose her republican base.

Spider-Bite said:
HIllary would rip rice a new one in an election. In a poll rescently done by MSNBC HIllary won by 19%!

You wonder why? 40% of the country does not want a female president. Almost every single one of them votes Republican. Therefore Rice would lose her republican base.
I always figured we'd have a black president before a female one.

Erzengel said:
I always figured we'd have a black president before a female one.

we probably will too. It will be Obama I believe.

hippie_hunter said:
I totally agree with you there. It does show that Gephardt was the bigger man by admitting that he was wrong. Howard Dean probally would have won the primaries if he didn't come off as a nut.

Would you vote for Gephardt?

Sandman138 said:
Would you vote for Gephardt?

Probally not, but I have respect for a man who would make such a statement. It gives him a genuine feel. A feel that he's not perfect and can make mistakes and admits that he makes them (unlike Bush or many other politicians today).

sinewave said:
hey, didn't you hear the guy? raffle down! :mad:

seriously, what the hell does that mean?

It means get the animal tranquilizer out of your nose and your head out of your a$$

sinewave said:
i appreciate your passion, but you don't know me or anyone else on these boards. sure, there's people here who think the '00 election was won by bush fair and square and that there was no rigging involved in it, but the majority are well aware of it. you don't have to take differing opinions personally. nobody likes a person who tries to shove their opinions down your throat, especially when they insult you at the same time. just keep your cool and stick to the facts.
I am sticking to the facts and the facts are that the 2000 election was rigged.

reggiebar said:
I am sticking to the facts and the facts are that the 2000 election was rigged.

we know that already, at least most people who pay attention to US politics do. however, it's in the past and there's nothing we can do about it now. that's what i'm trying to say. i know you're still angry about it, as am i, but there's no point stewing over it 6 years later.

reggiebar said:
It means get the animal tranquilizer out of your nose and your head out of your a$$

it's actually a mixture of drano, rat poison and pepto-bismol, but you were close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"