Why don't we write WB and express our interest in another superman movie?

Micah12345

Sidekick
Reaction score
I really enjoyed superman returns, and I would love to see another one with more action. I think given a couple good villains singer could make it work. And even if they decide to scrap it and reboot then I would still be interested in seeing another one in the next couple years.

So why don't all of us write to WB and express interest in seeing another superman movie? It might get their attention and it's better than nothing.

I don't have any idea what address to send a letter to though...any suggestions?

EDIT: After a little digging it seems these would be the people to try and contact.

http://www.timewarner.com/corp/management/executives_by_business/warner_bros/index.html

Now to find their contact information.....

Last edited:
What's the point? It's not like WB has stated they will never make another Superman film again. Do you really believe we won't see another Superman film ever again? WB will make another one. We just have to wait.

I think it's at least 5 yrs off. Plus, I wouldnt be surprised if we hear nothing concrete for another two yrs, maybe three.
Thats a gloomy outlook, but i've seen or heard nothing that tells me otherwise.

Granted thats just my opinion, but anybody that has ever followed a favorite film in devolpment knows you first get a flood of rumors a year or so in advance before its even announced. we've got nothing.

Last edited:
yea thats is a very likely place are are at.

Warner Bros. already know the fans want a new Superman movie. They're either going to make a new one, or they're not.

You could write to them till your hands hurt, but WB like any other studio, is going to do whatever they feel is right for them.

You could write to them till your hands hurt, but WB like any other studio, is going to do whatever they feel is right for them.

Right. And they wont read the msgs either :)

I wouldnt say that.....the suits themselves may not read them, but writers and certain director(s) have read these, and other boards, in the past.

With Nolan stalling... now is the perfect time to move ahead with Superman. BB3 will probably be made one way or another... but do they really need to rush it? If I am WB and I want to compete with Marvel... I know for a fact I need to get Superman on track ASAP.

That's what is weird about it. From everything I have heard they really wanted to stick it to Marvel, but I wonder if Dark Knight has caused them to sit on their laurels because of its success.

Come on. There's plenty of time to make another Superman movie. With Warners focusing on such movies as Jonah Hex, Green Lantern and possibly Batman 3, I honestly think that there's no need for Superman in the next three years.

I really enjoyed superman returns, and I would love to see another one with more action. I think given a couple good villains Singer could make it work. .

AGREED. I'm pretty sure it'd be a bigger money maker.

With Nolan stalling... now is the perfect time to move ahead with Superman. BB3 will probably be made one way or another... but do they really need to rush it? If I am WB and I want to compete with Marvel... I know for a fact I need to get Superman on track ASAP.

Exaaactly!

Superman is the most iconic and powerful superhero; it should be in their best interest to bring him back ASAP.

But it seems that they are fine with the Marvel characters stealing the spotlight and the world's hearts... :whatever: Really dumb, imo.

Warner Bros. just have no vision for these characters, they have ALL the resources and they still don't know what to do. What a waste.

Last edited:
If I am WB and I want to compete with Marvel... I know for a fact I need to get Superman on track ASAP.

Or...perhaps they will wait for Marvel to pull a late 1990's W.B. and implode on themselves by making terrible movies (FF 1 n 2, Spidey 3, Hulk 1 n 2...should Spidey 4 fail, that franchise as we know it is done; none of the other in development projects look likely to happen or promising or both; soon Iron Man will be the only large Marvel franchise alive, with an xmen origin here n there) and then W.B. pull an early 2000's Marvel and swoop in (with Green Lantern in 2011, Batman 3 in 2012, and Superman sometime after), seize and hold a virtual monoply over the market, and pretty much run the show.

Learn from history. In the late 1990's, Marvel sat on Xmen and Spiderman while W.B. punched out Batman films. W.B. got more money hungry and film quality went down, eventually so much that it killed what was once the worlds greatest franchise; in the end it paid for Marvel sitting on the properties because when they eventually were made, they were quality films. Whose to say the cycle isnt repeating itself, but with roles switched?

Lets be serious. Should W.B. race to catch up with Marvel when the stuff Marvel is producing as of late is crap, outside of Iron Man? Of course not. Why not wait for the project to develop into a quality project, while Marvel burns themselves out. Look at their slate; the ONLY promising franchise is Iron Man. When the rookie studio mishandles properties/makes films nobody wants to see (Thor, Hulk 2, ect.) they WILL lose money.

Haha, I love when people's stupid biases seep out through their posts, and I love it even more when people believe their stupid biases to be facts :up:

That's what is weird about it. From everything I have heard they really wanted to stick it to Marvel, but I wonder if Dark Knight has caused them to sit on their laurels because of its success.

I think it is smart to test the waters with Green Latern before they start popping out super hero movies like crazy. Studios tried to pump out every Marvel character they could following Spider-Man and X-Men and quite a few were unsuccessful.

Haha, I love when people's stupid biases seep out through their posts, and I love it even more when people believe their stupid biases to be facts :up:
Interesting metaphor. :woot:

Well, there is that latest "I don't know, I just....I don't know..." interview with Singer..... :O

Or...perhaps they will wait for Marvel to pull a late 1990's W.B. and implode on themselves by making terrible movies (FF 1 n 2, Spidey 3, Hulk 1 n 2...should Spidey 4 fail, that franchise as we know it is done; none of the other in development projects look likely to happen or promising or both; soon Iron Man will be the only large Marvel franchise alive, with an xmen origin here n there) and then W.B. pull an early 2000's Marvel and swoop in (with Green Lantern in 2011, Batman 3 in 2012, and Superman sometime after), seize and hold a virtual monoply over the market, and pretty much run the show.

Learn from history. In the late 1990's, Marvel sat on Xmen and Spiderman while W.B. punched out Batman films. W.B. got more money hungry and film quality went down, eventually so much that it killed what was once the worlds greatest franchise; in the end it paid for Marvel sitting on the properties because when they eventually were made, they were quality films. Whose to say the cycle isnt repeating itself, but with roles switched?

Sit on some promising projects and wait (really hope) for your rivals to screw up? That's an iffy strategy, especially since the GA can't tell the difference between Marvel and DC heroes. It's not like there are non-fanboys out there saying, "Marvel movies have been sucking lately, I'm looking forward to seeing what WB is going to do with its DC properties." If a series of Marvel products fail at the BO, that could taint all comic properties, at least for a while. The only value I can see in this strategy is that the market may become saturated with superhero movies if WB and Marvel keep churning them out; at the same time, the comic movie trend could pass within the next few years and WB will have missed its opportunity.

I also think Thor looks promising, and it's in development.

Lets be serious. Should W.B. race to catch up with Marvel when the stuff Marvel is producing as of late is crap, outside of Iron Man? Of course not. Why not wait for the project to develop into a quality project, while Marvel burns themselves out. Look at their slate; the ONLY promising franchise is Iron Man. When the rookie studio mishandles properties/makes films nobody wants to see (Thor, Hulk 2, ect.) they WILL lose money.

That's exactly what I have been saying all along. Marvel Studios will definately fold once they milk Avengers and they'll be dry by 2018-2020ish... or sooner perhaps. Of course I am hoping they can sustain success for another 15-20 years being a Marvel guy and all, so I am hoping history doesn't repeat itself, but with the way they have oversaturated the market it's only a matter of time. It can damn well happen again if they get greedy. But fanboys don't want to wait that long. If I am WB that is what I am banking on. But if they feel they need to compete right now... then they need a 2012 release for the next Superman film. 2013 latest.

Last edited:
But Obese Anthony, that is what is brilliant about what Marvel is doing. By the time the Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, Captain America, and Avengers franchises are through, the time will be perfect to start rebooting DareDevil, Fantastic Four, etc.

And Punisher again baby...f'in PUNISHER!! Can't kill him, yo?!

I'll write the WB and tell them how much I don't want a sequel to Returns or Brandon Routh brought back as Superman, that I want a fresh start.

But Obese Anthony, that is what is brilliant about what Marvel is doing. By the time the Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, Captain America, and Avengers franchises are through, the time will be perfect to start rebooting DareDevil, Fantastic Four, etc.

By "milk the franchise", do you mean it the same way Fox did with FF?

Theyll be zero interest in a FF or espec. Daredevil reboots when the only previous films sucked, just like what happened with the Incredible Hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"