Why don't we write WB and express our interest in another superman movie?

But Obese Anthony, that is what is brilliant about what Marvel is doing. By the time the Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, Captain America, and Avengers franchises are through, the time will be perfect to start rebooting DareDevil, Fantastic Four, etc.

Yeah with Fox doing them we can expect great things :huh:.... your logic never ceases to amaze.

Writing the studio won't help anyone's cause.

Trust me on this one.

Robinov, Horn, Lin etc don't like being told how to do their jobs, especially from fanboys.

SaveSupermanSteve tried to bombard them with "Welling for Superman" propaganda and actually did more to damage his already impossible case.

i agree..lets write the studios...the regular number of posters on this board (between 2-12 on any given day) will completely ensure either a sequel or a reboot.

just saying

oh and marvel being "brilliant"? really?

they made a killing off of x-men, spidey, and iron man, and i mean critically and financially

f4, dd, hulk, the punisher....even ghost rider...not so "brilliant." yes they made money, but i dont hear people begging for sequels. they are forgotten movies that nobody gives a **** about. the only time its time to call for a reboot is if tghe franchise has had a huge layoff (superman), ended its run horribly (batman and robin) or if they sucked to begin with (above said marvel movies)

they arent brilliant they've just had a huge hit for every ****** movie

Put down the Red Bull...and step away from the computer.

:D :oldrazz:

Or...perhaps they will wait for Marvel to pull a late 1990's W.B. and implode on themselves by making terrible movies (FF 1 n 2, Spidey 3, Hulk 1 n 2...should Spidey 4 fail, that franchise as we know it is done; none of the other in development projects look likely to happen or promising or both; soon Iron Man will be the only large Marvel franchise alive, with an xmen origin here n there) and then W.B. pull an early 2000's Marvel and swoop in (with Green Lantern in 2011, Batman 3 in 2012, and Superman sometime after), seize and hold a virtual monoply over the market, and pretty much run the show.

Learn from history. In the late 1990's, Marvel sat on Xmen and Spiderman while W.B. punched out Batman films. W.B. got more money hungry and film quality went down, eventually so much that it killed what was once the worlds greatest franchise; in the end it paid for Marvel sitting on the properties because when they eventually were made, they were quality films. Whose to say the cycle isnt repeating itself, but with roles switched?

Lets be serious. Should W.B. race to catch up with Marvel when the stuff Marvel is producing as of late is crap, outside of Iron Man? Of course not. Why not wait for the project to develop into a quality project, while Marvel burns themselves out. Look at their slate; the ONLY promising franchise is Iron Man. When the rookie studio mishandles properties/makes films nobody wants to see (Thor, Hulk 2, ect.) they WILL lose money.

That's exactly what I have been saying all along. Marvel Studios will definately fold once they milk Avengers and they'll be dry by 2018-2020ish... or sooner perhaps. Of course I am hoping they can sustain success for another 15-20 years being a Marvel guy and all, so I am hoping history doesn't repeat itself, but with the way they have oversaturated the market it's only a matter of time. It can damn well happen again if they get greedy. But fanboys don't want to wait that long. If I am WB that is what I am banking on. But if they feel they need to compete right now... then they need a 2012 release for the next Superman film. 2013 latest.

WB isn't waiting for Marvel films to "peter" out before they strike. They just don't know how to get these characters to the big screen yet. They want to take the approach that they are the studio with better stories and bigger characters. The waiting isn't a strategy, it is indecision.

and while they wait the hunger for CB films *could* slowly die. Its better to strike while the iron's hot. Now i'm not saying they need to pile on film after film like marvel does, but two or so films a year would be great.

Its been said countless times already, but its too bad there is not a DC film divison at WB.

Yea the whole indecision with wb on the dc characters sucks, why does it have to be so hard for them to get things rolling.

i dont know exactly how this works.
but by the time the new superman movie comes out there will be a lot movies with flying heroes.
so hes flying will not stand out.is this a good thing?

i dont know exactly how this works.
but by the time the new superman movie comes out there will be a lot movies with flying heroes.
so hes flying will not stand out.is this a good thing?
It will mean the director and WB will have to try even harder to impress the public. Flying, lifting heavy objects, and superfights are old hat now.
The anti has been upped.

It will mean the director and WB will have to try even harder to impress the public. Flying, lifting heavy objects, and superfights are old hat now.
The anti has been upped.
i mean for example GL is flying. IM is flying.

I wouldnt say that.....the suits themselves may not read them, but writers and certain director(s) have read these, and other boards, in the past.

There is no writers or director attach, so mgs sent to warner wont reach neither of them :)

Why don't we write a new Superman script, period, and submit it to WB?

That would do far more good than writing "I want to see another Superman movie".

I'll start.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Guard you really should write a script...I'd read it.

WB isn't waiting for Marvel films to "peter" out before they strike. They just don't know how to get these characters to the big screen yet. They want to take the approach that they are the studio with better stories and bigger characters. The waiting isn't a strategy, it is indecision.

Well, "indecision" IS better than the "wrong decision".

There is no writers or director attach, so mgs sent to warner wont reach neither of them :)
ok, let me be clear then. the writers and director of SR read these boards during the making of it.

I honestly think that Superman isn't gonna come around until about 5 years from now. Which is kind of shocking. I mean, it's not like WB hasn't made us wait for a really long time for Supes before. But now that WB knows (after TDK) that if a DC project is done right, then it can be such a huge cash cow and bring in great reviews... I would expect that they would be nipping at the heels for other DC projects.

I honestly think that Superman isn't gonna come around until about 5 years from now. Which is kind of shocking. I mean, it's not like WB hasn't made us wait for a really long time for Supes before. But now that WB knows (after TDK) that if a DC project is done right, then it can be such a huge cash cow and bring in great reviews... I would expect that they would be nipping at the heels for other DC projects.
did they spend 10 years on TDK or what?

there was no master plan in doing a 500 million movie. they wrotte a script,casted actors and filmed the movie. the movie clicked with people.

there is no formula to make a 500 millions movie.

Well, "indecision" IS better than the "wrong decision".

At the same time, they've been quite decisive....they decided not to do a sequel to SR. When they decide to do the next one, we'll hear about their decision. :O

Would you really want indecisive leaders running your studio Excel?

Hell no, but Id take em over guys who will make the wrong ones. Its like saying "who had better management in 2008-W.B...or GM".

They're deciding to bide their time with Superman and hopefully capitalize with others. That's plenty decisive.

I dont know; I have trouble believing they flat out do not want to have a Superman out in say, 2012-2014...however, they havent exactly been "proactive" about getting it out there, either.

I dont know; I have trouble believing they flat out do not want to have a Superman out in say, 2012-2014...however, they havent exactly been "proactive" about getting it out there, either.

They probably do, but that's four years away, so there isn't exactly a pressing need to have a clear idea of exactly what it's going to be right now. They've got other movies, and a possible Batman 3, that they'd like out sooner, so they're naturally going to focus more on those rigth now.

They'd be fools to focus on just one movie. W.B. know they cannot getting sequels pretty much out of their ass (Oceans 13, Terminator 5, Harold and Kumar 2, Happy Feet 2, ect., whats next, another Matrix film?) because as long as thery do, theyll have more Terminator Salvations than Dark Knights, because these are films that there simply is not much demand for. With Batman to be onto his 4th film (or possibly done as we know it now) after 2012, and their bread and butter franchise fo Harry Potter ending in 2011, they need to begin creating their next MAJOR franchise soon.

Summer 2013 and is going to be a very interesting summer for Warner Brothers. Harry Potter, which has been their safe net for a decade; their surefire megahit, will be over. Done. Batman will likely be at a crossroads as a franchise. They may have Green Lantern going, but theyll need more than just one. They will need SOMETHING new, fresh, and different out there to be their next big franchise. Superman is the perfect and ideal fit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"