Why, Raimi? Why?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by tonytr1687, Apr 6, 2006.

1. The Kid AMERICA FTW

You all will eat crow when this movie brings you to your knees.

Topher rules!

2. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Who is that in your avy, Weyseed?

3. The Kid AMERICA FTW

My wife.

I wish. It's Rosario Dawson.

4. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Ah.....*drools*

;)

5. GreenKToo In the fire

hey guys.I wish we had the same problems with S.R.that your having with S3....We're only getting lex according to reports.maybe they are just gonna show venom at the end???for sequel 4???anyway, good luck.hope you guys get your wish...

6. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

This movie had better be long. Like around 2hr. 30min. long. They are cramming so much into this movie so they had better make it long. There is nothing they can do to make up Topher's casting to me, since he is pretty much Brock now, so I can only hope for the best. Still a ridiculous choice, that I am shocked they made. The black suit could have been better, but again, not much they can do now. Also, they had better not undercut Harry's story in this movie. If Brock is Venom, and is in the final battle, then Harry will probably get jipped. I hope this doesn't happen since Harry has the most interesting story going into the movie, I'd hate to see it end in anti-climactic fashion. I have many concerns going into the movie, so I can only hope for the best at this point. I hope Raimi knows what he is doing.

7. Red King Littlefinger

Guess this means alonger wait for The Lizard.

8. Galactical Galactic Magic

meh, lizard's cool and everything, he scratches and bites things- what's not to like about that?. But He'd pretty much be redundant anyway... do we really need another mentor/friend of parker's becoming a villian because of some wacky accident in a lab?

We got that in 1 and 2 already.

9. spideydave Registered

No because I thought I would of lost intrest when we didnt get Gwen and when we didnt get Spidey witty banter.

10. Spawn187 KILL

What if they approach it another way like if conners was already changing to the lizard before pete goes to conners for help with some crap and doesnt know why his spidey sense goes off around him.???

11. Spider-Bite Registered

He only met Dock Ock twice before the accident. He's already known Conners for years. All they have to do is create a strong bond between them before he becomes the Lizard.

12. SpiderB Still no title.

The Lizard was always kind of a hokey villain to me. But if he did show up in one of the movies, I always thought they should have Peter see Connors trying and failing in his gene experiments and growing frustrated, and(since it was a genetic mutation that gave Pete his powers) finally decide to reveal his identity to Connors to show him that his theory on regeneration and animal/human gene combination is in fact possible. But for whatever reason, it doesn't work for Connors (or works too well, I guess) and it slowly turns him full on into the Lizard. I think it would be a great conflict for Peter, seeing that his powers could be used for even greater purposes, and then having to choose to do that.

13. tonytr1687 Registered

After reading the new interview with Church my opinion has changed. I dont have any worries now. Venom arriving too early or not, I'm sure Raimi will make it brilliant.

14. James"007"Bond Registered

There are better directors and better choices of actors and had that been the case, I'm sure there would be a lot less to complin about.:o :spidey:

15. Spider-Bite Registered

When the Orlando Magic had Anfernee Hardoway and Shaquille Oneal did people complain and go "there are way better players out there like Michael Jordan" ?

NO! because they were glad to have at least two good players, even if they was better players out there. You almost got James Chameron to direct it. Hes a better director with more experience. You would have had a lot more to complain about. Most directors were not fans of the comic book. had you gotten any one of them, you would have a lot more to complain about.
    The fact is yes it's possible that somebody out there could have done better, but they would not have done better. They would have done worse. In fact it's a 90% gurantee that if Raimi hadn't done these movies they would have sucked.
    SuperMan
    X-men
    Butron Batmans and the other two
    Elektra
    Hulk
    DareDevil
    Jedge Dredd
    Catwoman
    Fantastic Four
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutles
    Sin City
    League of Extraordinary GentleMen
    Blade
    Hellboy
    Crow
    Direct to video Fantastic Four
    Punisher

Are any of these as good as Raim's Spider-Man 1 and 2 turned out? Any of them? NOPE! Out of the current list of comic book movies Nolan's Batman and Raimi's Spider-man are the diamonds in the rough, yet you guys still complain "there were far better choices" Look how it could have been. Stastically looking at these we were INCREDIBLY lucky. Like one out of 20 comic book movies turn out this good. Were in the top 99%! What f...ing more do you want for crying out loud? Nothing is ever good enough for you people, and thats what people mean when they say youl always complain no matter what!

If Raimi hadn't taken the helm our spider-man movies would be part of that list up there.

Quit whining little brats!

16. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

And what is wrong with Lex Luthor? Anway, I have total faith in this movie, but it isn't difficult for me to enjoy a comic based movie. I don't care if it doesn't follow the source material.

17. Spider-Bite Registered

]
    Spider-Man fans are just really unappreciative of anything.

18. Murder Registered

While I disagree with some of the movies that your put on your list. I do agree that James Cameron would have not been that good. Of course that is based on the script I read of his.

19. Guyverjay Registered

I don't think we'll even see Venom until right before the end credits.

20. Murder Registered

I would like this to happen but, I'm starting to believe that they are gonna have the stupid battle royale at the end.

21. Spider-Bite Registered

It wasn't my intention to say that every movie on that list sucked, even though most of them did.

22. Dark_Lord Dark Lord of the Sith

I am a Venom fan but I dont even want to see him in 3. He should be in a movie as the main and only villain and not in one big fight.
    I could only see him in a big fight like this that has been rumored if he had already been in a previous spidey film.

Now I'm not saying that this movie is not going to be awesome but as a Venom fan I am a little worried.Only fans like us are worried about this. I've already told some friends of mine about the rumored plot and they cant wait!

Anyway I think this movie will be as awesome as Spider-Man 1 and 2. I think we'll all realise this when we see the teaser. I hope...

23. Spawn187 KILL

:spidey:

WOW.. who the hell $h1t in your cereal?????:spidey:

24. James"007"Bond Registered

So what? Is cameron the only other director out there better than Raimi? I dont think so. One doesn't have to be a fan to get something right. If one makes themself knowledgable in something, it stands to reason that he or she has the capability to carry out a task relating to the subject matter in which he or she has studied. That being said, there is plenty of talent out there that would smack the crap out of the mediocre spidey movies we've got so far and when its time for the inevitable recast, you will know this. We all know Raimi is a huge fan yet imo Raimi with all his geekyness and powers that he holds with these movies failed to catapault my interest and excitement upon viweing both movies, to be fair I think the spidey movies are c- grade movies as comic book adaptations but thats my God given opinion. However, what is fact is, Raimi, Maguire and co are NOT the be all to end all combo of these movies.

25. Spider-Bite Registered

being knowledgable isn't enough. you have to consider the term "creative juices flowing" if you aren't a fan of the original comic book, then you aren't going to be capable of making a good movie based off of the comic book, because the creative juices wont flow. You wont be all excited and into it. You wont care about it if you weren't a fan. you still fail to consider that these movies are the diamonds in the rough. So how can you sit and say "there are far better choices out there" We already got those choices and they produced my list. Only one out of so many directors could have made these movies and we got that one. They replace Raimi and these movies will suck big time.

We got the best comic book movies of all time from Raimi, and you guys are still complaining? STILL? I mean geez what more do you want? The best of all time isn't good enough? That's like Bill Gates complaining that he doesn't have enough money, or Michael Jordan complaining that he didn't have enough championships or the Beatles complaining that they didn't sell enough records.

I mean geez people.