Will MJ even get a lot of screen time?

DroolingforGwen

Civilian
Reaction score
Yes this has been talked about a lot, but I figured I might as well bring it up again... I see MJ playing a big part in the beginning... balancing her new relationsship and stuff with Spiderman and Peter... but I can see her getting the Cyclops treatment... I'm pretty sure the producers realized fans were getting tired of the redundancy by the end of SM2, and they will dare not let it happen again. I think she will be too caught up with her broadway sh:t while Peter is exploring his new pwers with the symbiate and they just separate in the middle... (not break up but close to it)... it's the whole reason why we got Gwen in the movie... Peter and Brock are going to be flat out badasses... we will see versions of these actors that we have never seen before (not sold on Topher but I think he can produce)... and they'll both be gunning for Gwen and the testosterone will be flying high between the two... I just see Parker and MJ pushing it off to the side very early in the movie... I even expect a scene where they realize this relationship just isn't working... now would they kill her off... it would make for a very intruiging storyline, but it just won't happen for you MJ haters... they'll all going be recasted (except for Jameson) for 4-6 so forget about the actors for a minute... it's just too depressing for movie goers and she is too important a character... save her just in case...

I hope she doesn't. there are TOO many other important characters to delve into!

but she's one of the main stars of the film and story already, she's got to get her due screen time.

Peter:"This story is all about a girl.That girl: Mary Jane Watson"

She's dominated the last two movies with that theme.No reason to think why Raimi's changing his formula now.

Doc Ock said:
Peter:"This story is all about a girl.That girl: Mary Jane Watson"

She's dominated the last two movies with that theme.No reason to think why Raimi's changing his formula now.

exactly right :up:

Not saying we aren't going to be deviating from her completely... she will be pivotal in shaping Parker's emotions... I just think that they think there is more potential and sex appeal with the Brock, Peter, Gwen ark as well...

DroolingforGwen said:
Not saying we aren't going to be deviating from her completely... she will be pivotal in shaping Parker's emotions... I just think that they think there is more potential and sex appeal with the Brock, Peter, Gwen ark as well...
Sex appeal?? With Eric Foreman, Opie's kid, and Tobey??

cmill216 said:

Well... at least with Gwen... No one knows anything about Topher... I think a lot of girls like Tobey though... he's a good looking guy for a guy who plays a geek and all...

The main problem is that the more characters who have screen time the less time the movie has to show Spidey web slinging and fighting bad guys.

she's probably got a big ego so she'll be in it quite a bit, plus it would conflict about the whole "any story worth telling is about a girl" angle.

cmill216 said:
Ha ha ha - I think Topher Grace is dead sexy, but I still found that funny.

I hope MJ gets a lot of screentime. She had a much better role in the second film - they actually gave her, y'know, spine and personality. She wasn't falling all over herself to get Peter's affection like she was in the first. She had a firm position: "No see play? No get lay!"

I don't know why, but I get the feeling this story's going to feel different with so many Blondes... Nothing against Blondes, but they tend to offer a different look and style to films and whatnot.

As far as the original question goes, I kinda hope MJ has less screentime as well. Not even going the "I'm tired of her" route, I just think she'd serve better in the cut with a simpler role. She's finally getting her dreams started. There's not enough time for Peter (which means less screen time), Peter finds time for Gwen (ooh...), Mary's jealous (a few shots of "Upset Mary" will be enough).

Nice sig, AnimeJune. I also wish that Rami would go this route with the humor instead of his slapstick routines. The broomcloset thing was funny in SM2 and so was the "he stole that guys pizza" thing. But the lines between Spider-Man and his foes are part of what make "Spider-Man" as a character and a great read. Though I realize, slapstick works better in movies sometimes.

Don't worry about the humor... this movie will have it's kicks with Cambell and Tucker... funniest of the three for sure... I pretty much agree that's what Mj's role should be... Pursuing dreams and being upset.... nothing more is needed...

DroolingforGwen said:
Don't worry about the humor... this movie will have it's kicks with Cambell and Tucker... funniest of the three for sure... I pretty much agree that's what Mj's role should be... Pursuing dreams and being upset.... nothing more is needed...
Chris Tucker? FUNNY? Ironically - that whole idea is funnier than that comic!

Get the f*** outta here... Money Talks was great... so was the fifth element... and don't even start me on Rush Hour... Tucker's Da man...

Meh, Tucker’s alright.

As for this thread’s topic:
MJ most probably will have a significant role in SM3…again. Although I do hope her and Pete’s relationship deal isn’t as big as in SM2 and is cut down to make space for other stuff. Of course his and Harry’s relationship is bound to be explored and I personally want to see a decent role for Gwen too and hope she won’t be the one Peter cheats on MJ with. I really don’t want to see him in the redhead’s shoes.
Pity Sam gave so much significance to Spider-Man’s love story. It’s not the only thing Peter can be worked up about. For one I wanted to see him explore his orphan life and try to find out more about his parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"