Civil War Winter is Coming - The Bucky Barnes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucky doesn't really have a life-changing arc, unless you count "redeeming himself as worthy of Steve's devotion" as part of it. (And even then, it's still pretty minor since he doesn't sacrifice himself in a big dramatic way or anything. He does put himself on the line for Steve at the end, trying to stop Tony from beating on them.)

He spends the entire time trying to help as he can, but really, all he wanted to do was spend a quiet day shopping at markets and eating his plums. :waa: I could feel for his world weariness here, 100%.

Bucky doesn't really have a life-changing arc, unless you count "redeeming himself as worthy of Steve's devotion" as part of it. (And even then, it's still pretty minor since he doesn't sacrifice himself in a big dramatic way or anything. He does put himself on the line for Steve at the end, trying to stop Tony from beating on them.)

He spends the entire time trying to help as he can, but really, all he wanted to do was spend a quiet day shopping at markets and eating his plums. :waa: I could feel for his world weariness here, 100%.

You are really hung up on these plums. LOL

Seriously I did notice on the second viewing that Bucky actually looked a bit happy when he was haggling for his plums and the weariness he had on his face when Steve shows up and the police are coming just kind of broke me heart.

Seriously I did notice on the second viewing that Bucky actually looked a bit happy when he was haggling for his plums and the weariness he had on his face when Steve shows up and the police are coming just kind of broke me heart.
The plums are THE physical manifestation of his wish to have peace so he can figure himself out! :waa:

I'm hung up on Bucky, is what I am. :oldrazz:

I like the weary resignation when Steve says it doesn't have to end in a fight and Bucky says "It always ends in a fight".

He really, really doesn't want to do any of this stuff anymore, but he doesn't see any way out for himself.

Don't go to tumblr then, I can't count the amount of fanart and discussions I've already seen come across my dash involving 'the plums' *lol*

I like the weary resignation when Steve says it doesn't have to end in a fight and Bucky says "It always ends in a fight".

He really, really doesn't want to do any of this stuff anymore, but he doesn't see any way out for himself.
Yeah, the fact that he spends the entire movie getting beat up on, and still has a will to live is definitely a minor miracle too.

It's likely he feels that going back to cryo is the only way he can get any rest. And also not be forced to hurt/kill his friends or innocent people, all that. But yeah, he is just tired of all this bad stuff always happening to him.

Yeah, the fact that he spends the entire movie getting beat up on, and still has a will to live is definitely a minor miracle too.

It's likely he feels that going back to cryo is the only way he can get any rest. And also not be forced to hurt/kill his friends or innocent people, all that. But yeah, he is just tired of all this bad stuff always happening to him.
That will to live bit, that could be even more precarious that it might seem at first. Someone on twitter (https://twitter.com/CIVILBUCK/status/722376457574563840) posted some translations of a Chinese article that came from one of the press roundtables/conferences during the Press tour and apparently Sebastian indicated that the relationship with Steve may be the only thing keeping Bucky from committing suicide.

After I keep reflecting on CW the more I like everyone involved but mostly i want more Bucky. Hoping he gets out and about soon. I also kind wonder if when touring began Stan said that Buckys backpack was full of notebooks if that was really true...and that backpack was picked up by Task Force..who has those notebooks. There has to be some juicy assassinations in them.

That will to live bit, that could be even more precarious that it might seem at first. Someone on twitter (https://twitter.com/CIVILBUCK/status/722376457574563840) posted some translations of a Chinese article that came from one of the press roundtables/conferences during the Press tour and apparently Sebastian indicated that the relationship with Steve may be the only thing keeping Bucky from committing suicide.
Noooooooo. :waa: :waa:

Although I see it more like...the potential of a future relationship with Steve? Cause it sounds like he didn't attempt to make any contact at all in 2 years. But Steve has to be alive for him to fulfill that. (And him too, but at least the chances are higher when both are super-soldiers. :oldrazz: )

I absolutely loved bucky in this even more so than in WS. When they announced CW I though bucky would be an essential part but never though he would have such a big role( practically the whole movie revolves around him) I also though that (like in so many sequels) bucky would maybe be portrayed as slighly less skilled. I've seen that before in movies were a character is the villain and is truly powerful then if he appears in the next one as a good guy or has to side with the heroes to fight a greater threat, the directors/writers kinda depower him. But I love that they gave him consistency in terms of his skillset, bad place I think they even portrayed him as more of a badass than he was before.

[BLACKOUT]I wonder though in that scene/flashback when he fights the other SS, are they really more powerful than him? or is he just not giving it his all? I wonder what would've happened had he and steve fought the other super soldiers[/BLACKOUT]

yeah and he was trying to buy plums to try recall or enhances his memories.

why was bucky deny plums? He should be allow to eat his plums!

I read all the above online..so many funny memes / tumblr about him and his plums buying

yeah and he was trying to buy plums to try recall or enhances his memories.

why was bucky deny plums? He should be allow to eat his plums!

I read all the above online..so many funny memes / tumblr about him and his plums buying

I just finally got around to reading some of them today. LOL

Never thought a fruit, much less a plum, could really break my heart. Poor Bucky, so tragic.

I just finally got around to reading some of them today. LOL

Never thought a fruit, much less a plum, could really break my heart. Poor Bucky, so tragic.

Here hoping he did managed to eat his plums before he goes back to ice. haha

someone explain the tangerines to me.

Donald Trump?

wow. forgot about that one. obscure ash reference

True subject matter experts on these boards. :D

Definitely thinking Bucky should make his return in a Widowmaker movie with Nat and Clint.

Bucky will never ever find peace...not until he admits to himself just who and what he really is...just because Bucky remembers who he is doesn't mean he knows everything because there are still some things he doesn't even know about his past but are locked away somewhere in that mind of his but Bucky will always be a threat whether he is brainwashed or not because HYDRA they still own him mind, body and soul

They still have the triggers to get into his mind and if they are uttered he is as good as their Winter Soldier again

I actually hope they don't solve Bucky's Winter Soldier problem too quickly.

Maybe T'Challa can wake him up early in the Black Panther solo film and enlist him and Steve to help solve some problem. That way Bucky's up and running again with the added tension of not being entirely safe and having to worry about being triggered.

I absolutely loved bucky in this even more so than in WS. When they announced CW I though bucky would be an essential part but never though he would have such a big role( practically the whole movie revolves around him) I also though that (like in so many sequels) bucky would maybe be portrayed as slighly less skilled. I've seen that before in movies were a character is the villain and is truly powerful then if he appears in the next one as a good guy or has to side with the heroes to fight a greater threat, the directors/writers kinda depower him. But I love that they gave him consistency in terms of his skillset, bad place I think they even portrayed him as more of a badass than he was before.

[BLACKOUT]I wonder though in that scene/flashback when he fights the other SS, are they really more powerful than him? or is he just not giving it his all? I wonder what would've happened had he and steve fought the other super soldiers[/BLACKOUT]

I think it's likely that the other soldiers are more powerful; Bucky's abilities come from a formula engineered by Arnim Zola in 1945, but the other super soldiers' abilities come from a formula engineered by Howard Stark (a greater genius than Zola) in 1991. It makes sense that it would be a better serum.

After I keep reflecting on CW the more I like everyone involved but mostly i want more Bucky. Hoping he gets out and about soon. I also kind wonder if when touring began Stan said that Buckys backpack was full of notebooks if that was really true...and that backpack was picked up by Task Force..who has those notebooks. There has to be some juicy assassinations in them.

Stan said the notebooks were full of memories Bucky wrote down so he wouldn't forget them again, so it's more likely they're filled with accounts of his life in Brooklyn with Steve.

Last edited:
Bucky's story definitely isn't over and while I don't think he will become BuckyCap in the MCU film verse. I think he will return before Infinity War possibly in "Black Panther". Sebastian Stan is contracted for a total of nine films, He's been in 3 Cap films now we wait to see where he'll appear next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"