• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst Movie Cliches.

Here are some of mine:

-Hero dodges bullets...like, always...or else it'd be a short movie, right?

-Female hostage...always a female hostage (usually daughter or ex-wife of hero).

-Regular citizens EASILY accessing government/restricted files...

-Passwords are usually an object or word on the same desk of the computer (i.e., name of dog, book)

-Ridiculous death traps hero escapes from (villain never seems to be around to witness death of hero...why!?)

-ALWAYS a parking spot available DIRECTLY in front of destination X...seriously

-Closing doors the hero barely gets through, which cuts off villain/henchmen from continuing chase

-Ex-husband and ex-wife get back together after ordeal (OMG, RLY?!)
Very true:woot:.

could it be a cliche that the windows are always down on cars?
but i guess this is just a movie trick so that there is no big reflection when they have a close up on the face.

or when noone locks the doors on the cars. its very funny when the story is about a dangerous city and then noone locks the door. :)

Last edited:
One in horror movies is the car that is working perfectly fine before won't start up while the killer is walking towards the car until right when he gets up to it and it starts again

Villains that always know what the hero will do and include it in their plans. Horror movies are the biggest offenders, but it's popped up in action and crime films too.

could it be a cliche that the windows are always down on cars?
but i guess this is just a movie trick so that there is no big reflection when they have a close up on the face.

or when noone locks the doors on the cars. its very funny when the story is about a dangerous city and then noone locks the doory. :)

The worst for me is when the keys are left in the car/semi/boat/whatever.

Also, if the keys surprisingly AREN'T in the ignition, then the person ALWAYS knows how to hot wire it.

I hate the cliche that in 90% of most Waynes Brother films, white people are always ******ed in some way and that the girls are easy to get with.

During a car chase, one of the vehicles often crashes into those large yellow container at a freeway entrance or exit, spilling the water they contain in the process (what are those anyway ?)

"Ugly" girl who lets her hair down and removes glasses and is immediately stunningly beautiful...

That's a good one. Or worse, a good looking person trying to act awkward and geeky. Like Asley Tisdale. Really?

"Ugly" girl who lets her hair down and removes glasses and is immediately stunningly beautiful...
Lol, nice:up:. Yeah, I hate that, it's so obvious that underneath the glasses, the hair up and the strict attire, she's already a knockout.

In most comedies, the leads usually date or end up with girls that would probably be out of their league in real life.

Well, nobody is out of anybody's league. Ever. SO it's just really you thinking it is. You'd be surprised. I saw a guy who looked like a skinny Harold Ramis and Tom Rothman with a hot chick at Taco Bell.

Good point. It just seems to me that it occurs more often in the movies, and specially in comedies. But you're right, nobody's out of anybody's league.

Well, nobody is out of anybody's league. Ever. SO it's just really you thinking it is. You'd be surprised. I saw a guy who looked like a skinny Harold Ramis and Tom Rothman with a hot chick at Taco Bell.
love the avatar btw. That's my girlfriend :grin:

I absolutely hate it when some low rung good guy or mook finds out some startling evidence for the evil scheme and then immediately goes and tells the villain and gets the "Have You Told Anyone Else?" speech which inevitably results in good guy/underling getting slaughtered. This or other variations occur even in otherwise great films like The Shawshank Redemption and LA Confidential, but it happens so often that it just causes me to groan every time I see it.

Haha! I hate that too. I'd like the good guy to be smart enough and say 'yeah, i've told a few ppl''. but usually in this situation, he's confiding in someone he trusted and doesn't realise his friend is the bad guy....

Here are more of mine:

Hero runs from building and dives to the ground right as it's blowing up. Been done to death.

Hero trusts 'the girl' no matter how untrusty worthy she obviously appears to the audience.

Girl always looks back, trips and falls as monster/killer is chasing her.

After killer/monster looks dead, hero never MAKES SURE it' dead by stabbing/shooting it to the head. Which results in monster/villan disappearing from the spot it's body was supposed to be, or it springs back to life as Hero recuperates.

Able to get plans to the Batmoblie :o Yea I went there.

Jeez,

how we forget the

"Walking away like nothing is happening while **** behind me blows up" shot?

haha Wolverine is guilty of this one too!

[YT]Sqz5dbs5zmo[/YT]
:woot:

Probably one of the greatest videos ever.

J.J. Abrams keyboard solo FTW.

are there bacon trees and rivers full of money in this world you live in??

No just optimism. :huh: A hot girl is just like a big opportunity, you gotta go for it. You're the one who may think of yourself as out of her league when she may not. You never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"