Worst Performance EVER in a Comic Book Film?

Thomas Haden Church in Spider-Man 3

Really? I don't think his acting was bad. I think he just had barely any material to work with since most of the time his character was a CGI sand giant or a flying sand storm.

I actually thought he was good with what they gave him. But I'm biased given my namesake :o

I still remember you with that name on the Sony Spidey forums. Waaaaaaay back in the old days.

I actually don't get the hatred for Katie Holmes' Rachel Dawes. It's an unpopular opinion but I thought she held up her own against the others in that film.

I always just assumed the hatred mostly stemmed from the TomKat relationship but maybe there's more to it?

Last edited:
I still remember you with that name on the Sony Spidey forums. Waaaaaaay back in the old days.

Oh wow, you were on the Sony forums? Not sure I knew that or if I had just forgotten. What was your name again, were you The Penguin?

Oh wow, you were on the Sony forums? Not sure I knew that or if I had just forgotten. What was your name again, were you The Penguin?

No it was Ock/Joker fan. I had an avatar that was a gif of Doc Ock images.

Rachel!

Yeah, both actresses portraying her definitely pretty unimpressionable but probably out of their control to a degree. Regardless, I think it's definitely in the bottom tier wherever that's at.

Don’t get the Holmes hate. She was serviceable. I just think she was utterly overshadowed by other far superior actors.

Agree. Given the lead was Bale, supported by Oldman, Caine,Freeman and Neeson- hell, minor roles were filled by Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Ken Watanabe and Rutger Hauer. That's a top notch cast for any film and Holmes wasnt in their league ( which is why I think Nolan traded up to Anne Hathaway and Marion Cotillard for the finale)I think Holmes did fine, Gyllenhall did better, but neither of them were bad.

I just didn't buy Holmes as a DA, far too young for the level of that role plus she was a horrible b**ch towards Bruce throughout that film, friend, potential love or love as a friend, she showed none.

At least she has screen presence, unlike Maggie, who was also annoying. But it's down to the character I think.

Bruce is a playboy => "This is not who you are, I can't love you"

Bruce is Batman => "I can't love you because you're not who you were anymore. I'll be there when you no longer Batman"

Bruce isn't Batman anymore => "I said I'll be there for you, but as a friend"

If someone treat me like this in real life, I'll kill her :funny: God of Friendzone

Agree. Given the lead was Bale, supported by Oldman, Caine,Freeman and Neeson- hell, minor roles were filled by Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Ken Watanabe and Rutger Hauer. That's a top notch cast for any film and Holmes wasnt in their league ( which is why I think Nolan traded up to Anne Hathaway and Marion Cotillard for the finale)I think Holmes did fine, Gyllenhall did better, but neither of them were bad.

Seconded. Gyllenhaal was much better in the role. I think the fact that Katie got nominated for a Razzie exasperated the fanboy criticism towards her. She was the weak link of BB, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree that Holmes did fine. She didn't elevate the material but she didn't hurt it either. I think she worked better than Gyllenhaal, despite that the latter is clearly a better actress, but that's probably a lot due to the scripts as well.

I like both actresses in the role. They both did what they were asked and did just fine, I think.

The only thing Gyllenhaal did better was sell the hardened defense attorney thing.

No it was Ock/Joker fan. I had an avatar that was a gif of Doc Ock images.

I definitely remember you. I was probably like 12 or 13 back when I joined the Sony boards :funny:

I definitely remember you. I was probably like 12 or 13 back when I joined the Sony boards :funny:

I honestly had no idea. You didn't come across as being that young. That's a good thing btw. So you're actually younger than I thought you were.

I agree that Holmes did fine. She didn't elevate the material but she didn't hurt it either. I think she worked better than Gyllenhaal, despite that the latter is clearly a better actress, but that's probably a lot due to the scripts as well.
Exactly how I see it :up:

None of you mentioned what's his name who played Lex Luthor's nephew in Superman IV, or almost every actor and actress in that movie.

Seconded. Gyllenhaal was much better in the role. I think the fact that Katie got nominated for a Razzie exasperated the fanboy criticism towards her. She was the weak link of BB, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Not necessarily. The Razzies have always been known to pick the choices that make the biggest splash, make those headlines. The "award" thrives in getting people to look, otherwise if they really nominated some horrible, little-known actress in some indie flick, honestly no one would care about them.

Considering Katie was in the midst of TomKat relationship, which at that time was a source of much derision in Hollywood, she was an easy target.

I'm honestly surprised Charlize wasn't nominated for a Razzie that year. A popular, award-winning actress (Theron) in a terrible movie (Aeon Flux)? Seems like right up their alley.

Last edited:
Rachel!

*Unsure of absolute worst but just had to cue that line from the movie again:dry:.

Not necessarily. The Razzies have always been known to pick the choices that make the biggest splash, make those headlines. The "award" thrives in getting people to look, otherwise if they really nominated some horrible, little-known actress in some indie flick, honestly no one would care about them.

Considering Katie was in the midst of TomKat relationship, which at that time was a source of much derision in Hollywood, she was an easy target.

I'm honestly surprised Charlize wasn't nominated for a Razzie that year. A popular, award-winning actress (Theron) in a terrible movie (Aeon Flux)? Seems like right up their alley.

I'm not talking about why the Razzies nominated her. I'm talking about that because she was nominated it pumped the hate train for her back then.

I'd like to say he's come a long way acting wise since then, but I've only ever seen him in Two and a Half Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"