Wow! The NEW (Hype!) TiVo Can Do So Much! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's a self tivo, big whoop? wanna fight bout it?

647lXCe.jpg
Self TiVo should be one of my trademarks, you bet I'm gonna fight you for it.

nightwing-angry-o.gif

Speaking of self-Tivo'ing, I recently stumbled across one of those beautiful, special moments from the batboards on the hype. Let's reminisce together.

Two-Face’s Face Should Have Been Divided Horizontally Instead Of Vertically. I Will Not Back Down From This.

Clickhole said:
Two-Face, as we all know, is one of Batman’s biggest nemeses, and he gets his name from the fact that the left side of his face is grossly disfigured and the right side of his face is normal. But anyone who’s given it even three seconds of thought will agree that it would’ve been way cooler and scarier if he was deformed from the nose down and then normal above that. I am steadfast in this opinion.

Imagine this scene that could have been in The Dark Knight: Batman is out in the swamp looking for crime when, all of a sudden, he notices something in his peripheral vision. It’s the hair, forehead, and eyes of innocuous Gotham district attorney Harvey Dent emerging from the water. Batman lets down his guard to say hello and then—BAM—Harvey Dent stands up, revealing that he is actually the villain Two-Face!

Whoa! Doesn’t it give you chills just to think about? It’s the kind of haunting and awesome situation that could never happen with Two-Face as he currently exists. Right now, he’d have to crane his neck sideways and then pop up all awkwardly contorted, which would look stupider than pretty much anything I can think of.

Agree or disagree? Vote above.

This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Batman's out in the swamp when he meets Two Face. That article actually reads like a comedy piece.

I thought the swamp idea sounded pretty cool myself

I don't. It sounds dumb, and the last type of place Batman and Two Face would first meet.

you should be more open-minded about this

I'm not open minded to stupid ideas. As for Dent should only be deformed from the nose down, not only would that look much less scary, but he couldn't even be called Two Face then. Maybe Two Chin, or Two mouth.

he would still only have one chin, not sure what you mean

his chin would just be uglier

It's the same principle as only having one face, except one side is scarred and uglier. But he's still called Two Face.

good point, so he would just have one chin but two mouths

So, whoever came up with this idea... is he on crack?

I feel like I'm in the minority on this

come on. two face's look should never be changed

...That article is a joke, right?

The article is clearly a joke and I also sense ThePhantasm is merely having some fun here. :funny:

Wow, they just keep piling up :funny:

at least Ben is the only one with Oscars.:cwink:

Hmm...Doesn't quite have the same effect.

Ofcourse it doesnt...

Here I have something for you :

kvNM5.gif

I thought this Oscar nonsense would end after Chris Terrio failed to deliver a half decent screenplay despite having a golden statue in the relevant field, proving no absolute link between assured quality and awards.

Yeah. This is the first time you directed attention to the Oscars.

I didnt bring it up, I just provided the meme.

See, the Sad Affleck meme that Kane posted is particularly funny because it relates to apologist arguments made for BvS and how they were proven wrong. Positive critical and fan reception for Lego Batman proves the anti DC bias wrong. Positive critical and fan reception for Wolverine proves the "people hated BvS because it was darrrk" argument wrong. Evans basically represents Civil War, which is Feige taking the premise of BvS and actually making a great movie out of it.

Maybe I'm missing something but the image you posted just seems to be "well we gotan Ozkar for makeup" which is...Great I guess? If it's about Affleck having Oscars outside of his DCEU gig, well yeah, I think we all agree he is a great director.

Wow...I cant even...all I have to say is :

giphy.gif

We also know, or rather, sensible people know, that Oscars are no guarantee of quality. Otherwise, Ang Lee's Hulk would be better. And Terrio's BvS screenplay would not be a laughingstock.

:funny:

Sometimes I really love the internet.

It really doesn't. Affleck won an Oscar for a project that has nothing to do with the DCEU. If we're now trying to score points by how many Oscars the actors in the DCEU or the MCU have won or been nominated for in entirely unrelated projects then I'm pretty sure the MCU still wins by a large margin. Who has seven time Oscar nominated and two time winner Cate Blanchett in an upcoming movie? Alongside five time nominated Sir Anthony Hopkins and three time nominated Mark Ruffalo? Oh yeah.

When you see people taking memes seriously and analyse them :

large.jpg

Or, you know, when you see people that clearly don't understand them and why they're funny in the first place.

Yeah you're right the sad affleck meme is 2deep4me.

Anyway moving on...

I was simply trying to get the joke, since this is the second time I've seen you post that image here (meaning you wanted a reaction) and I couldn't really find the funny :hehe: so I explained to you why the Sad Affleck meme that Kane posted works while yours just doesn't, at least for me. Carry on :up:

Dude, its just a meme. You dont have to explain **** to me, and I dont need to explain it to you. If you dont find it funny, then ignore.

But since you asked I will provide you the context. The original Sad Affleck meme had a very simple premise, and not all the mental gymnastics you made up. It was that BvS got poor reviews, and when he was asked about it, he looked depressed. Thats funny with the simon and garfunkel track over it. Its taken from a recurring joke from Arrested Development.

While the one I posted was about the fact how DCEU has now an oscar win and MCU doesnt. Thats why they reversed that meme. Its meant to be taken as a joke, as banter. It doesnt mean oscars mean everything or anything of that sort, its just joke inverting the original situation. Its even more applicable as loads of people were very ******** about the SS oscar win.

Anyone can nitpick a meme. You can say "hey but affeck didnt win an oscar for dceu this is not funny". I can say "hey affleck looks like that for a long time now, the guy has a bad marriage and lot of work pressure, and maybe he is just bored with tons of interviews a day and just zoned out". You see it works both ways. But I wont do that. Because its just a joke, and I dont take it seriously and ask for explanatations and justifications

Anyway this is all I have to say. Now that you have it, move on. If you dont find it funny, dont laugh. Jfc.

It doesn't make sense because why would Evans be so dressed down at the Oscars.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Usual self aggrandising spiel

and people who are neither fans or haters will look at it and think "wow, someone just wants to get under other peoples skin... for.... no real reason what-so-ever other than to try and seem like a 'bad ass lady' to her loyal legion of horny male posters who have never spoken to a girl before."

tumblr_oghu7mptCX1rdrts4o2_r1_250.gif

pow-o.gif

Should we just make a separate "Kane posts a DCEU-mocking meme, causes havoc and then posts the aftermath in TIVO form" thread? Because that's honestly like 70-80% of this thread's content these days. :o

i think kane and krypton should have their own thread... "The K&K Thread" where they post tivos, gifs, videos, videos, gifs, gifs, videos... and various other gifs and videos.

i think kane and krypton should have their own thread... "The K&K Thread" where they post tivos, gifs, videos, videos, gifs, gifs, videos... and various other gifs and videos.

I'm too lazy.

*Please insert South Park fat game gif here.

*Please insert YouTube embed: C&C Music Factory (any song... They're all the same...)

Better to go with a classic:

wgE31TK.gif

You're on your own for the Youtube video though. I tried, but then I got lost in K-Pop covers of American cartoon theme songs.

Better to go with a classic:

wgE31TK.gif

You're on your own for the Youtube video though. I tried, but then I got lost in K-Pop covers of American cartoon theme songs.

My exact outfit right now.

Should we just make a separate "Kane posts a DCEU-mocking meme, causes havoc and then posts the aftermath in TIVO form" thread? Because that's honestly like 70-80% of this thread's content these days. :o

tumblr_mhfcaq7RbL1qgzqnco1_250.gif

well... the OP is a ********... plain and simple. I hope someone leaves him somewhere and he gets into a fight with oncoming traffic.

ITS OVER

MARVEL AND DISNEY ARE FINISHED

SELL THE RIGHTS TO FOX!!!!!!!!!!

4ISLcsZ.png

DC payed off the critics, clearly. There's a DC bias, cus Flash and Arrow have better reviews.

Maybe the critics cannot comprehend the quantum complexity of Iron Fists' themes.

yeah, they probably don't get it, its 2deep4them.
Its complex, but in 10 years it will be a cult classic.

As a diehard I guess it's my duty to doggedly defend this woefully misunderstood, critically-derided masterpiece.... that is until the extended edition comes out in a few months and I can finally admit the original cut had issues :o

Iron Fist The Ultimate 14 Episode Cut.

Can't somebody open an Iron Fist Positivity Thread?

:hehe:

oh my god... that's pretty pathetic. I wonder how many are pulling a Carradine.

After months of spamming of excitement in the Kong thread...

Here goes...

I liked the movie but unfortunately didn't love it as I had hoped and anticipated. Every moment that Kong was on screen was magical but I couldn't care less for any of the human characters apart from Larson. The comedy simply did not work. Another gripe I have is that we have pretty much seen everything fun the trailers.

On the bright side the visuals and look of this movie is gorgeous. Bring on G v K ok 2020!

:funny:

Lesson: Don't watch every trailer and don't build up something to the point it could never live up to your over hyped expectations.

Lesson: Don't watch every trailer and don't build up something to the point it could never live up to your over hyped expectations.

I learned that lesson with Age of Ultron. Granted, I still think it's a good movie, but I definitely overhyped it. I had a lot of hype building up for The Force Awakens and that actually delivered. That's when I walked away from the table. I loved Civil War as much as I did probably because I didn't overhype it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"