Wow! The NEW (Hype!) TiVo Can Do So Much! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shauner must feel some type of way about you, because I don't know how your comment warranted that type of response.

Then again, its probably him just being defensive over Nolan.

Last edited:
I wonder if he has insurance on that soapbox. :hmm

I think he just gets that way sometimes when he's run out of things to argue about.

It's been awhile since he's gotten like that. I like it, old Shuaner is back!

This conversation deserves its place TiVo'ed.

Shauner must feel some type of way about you, because I don't know how your comment warranted that type of response.

Then again, its probably him just being defensive over Nolan.

speed-dating-1.jpg

Please list Mr. Nolan's movies in order of preference.

TDK is not #1?

Next!!!

Not trying to pick a fight

Yes you are. He didn't say it was terrible or stupid or the worst pic of batman he has ever seen....instead he said "Not bad."....and since "Not bad." isn't OH MY GAWD IT'S BEE YOU TEA FULL AND I JUST PEED MYSELF FROM IT'S MAJESTY....you have to complain about what he posted.

:whatever: Don't tell me what im trying to do. Only i know that. If it's not my intention to start a fight, then it's not my intention. Plain and simple. Even if it comes off like im starting a fight, which you're entitled to think so: don't tell me "you are trying to start a fight".

Let's see some more "batman-y" shots then. I'd like to see them.

This is still my favourite Batman shot from the Nolan trilogy

Batman-Begins-Batman-descending.jpeg

End of the day it's a matter of opinion there's no right or wrong in what someone finds more Batman-y or not.

Careful, dude. shauner's gonna come after you, now.

You can like it more than the other but with the internet "it's not bad" usually means it's very average or not that great. For me, something looking batman-y has to do with something looking like a giant bat, but it's a man. So if somebody sees too much armor or a man rather than a bat, fine opinion. Those last two shots from Begins are some of the most batmanish shots you'll ever find, in any medium. Like i said, you can be a Nolan hater and still love those two photos, because it's just Batman. I don't care. It's the truth. If you know Batman, that's Batman for crying out loud.

Just like i can't deny the greatness of some of these new Batman stills from the Batman vs Superman movie, even if i don't like Snyder or if i end up hating the movie. There's Batman, there's kinda Batman, then there's "that's Batman?".

Dude, it's over. Let it go.

You're the one who made a remark, and now i can't answer it? If it was over, you should have let it go.

OIrFse1.jpg

Oh boy. I'm going to hope beyond hope that Deadshot/Harley isn't shoved down our throats in this movie because of Margot and Will's real life relationship (affair?). He really f**ed the grove up in the last trailer. Massively.

Well, be prepared. Harley and dead shot are know to be pretty intimate in the comics. They haf a fling in Assault on Arkham as well.

Just because it's in the comics doesn't mean it's a good character choice. To be fair, I haven't read them. I have seen Assult on Arkham and didn't have an issue with the relationship (a one night stand and that's it). Going full on love triangle with The Joker, of all characters, is really going to bog down this movie. Coupled with Will's non-performance makes me worried for the squad.

I truly doubt any logical person (which he is) would get involved with someone that has a "property of the joker" jacket, necklace, and tattoos all over them. Not only is he going to look like a complete fool, but it's going to take away possible character and relationship building screen time that should be dedicated to something else entirely.

Its unlikely they'll have a romance in this movie but I am hearing there's a love triangle similar to the situation in Assault on Arkham

That wasn't a love triangle. It was just a one off "what the heck" situation. Will Smith and Margot Robbie are clearly hinting at something more in-depth which is the last thing this movie needs. I don't care how much ~chemistry~ they claim to have. A love triangle completely contradicts what Ayer said about her finding her independence and seems forced imo.

PS: Sorry about the mini rant guys lol but Harley is my favorite character and i guess i'm going to have to start bracing myself for the character choices made come august 2016. :p Anyway, I hope that the actors feelings irl don't get in the way of being true to the characters!

same here. I don't want MY harley to be anywhere near that freak Deadshot. If she's not dating the Joker she just isn't the same. We want to see JokerxHarley. That fanbase is still there wishing on a million stars that DC will put them back together.

Well, fortunately there is no YOUR Harley. There is just DC's Harley. I don't care who she ends up with as long as it's convincing.

and that's the problem

Come on man I'm a veteran in the DCCUverse every pairing has to match. you can't just put Harls with any man DC should have known this when they let Harley crossover. Some of us are stuck in our ways.

Looks like I've ruffled a few feathers jee Joker's Lady better shut her mouth before these fanboys go really off

You know, it's stuff like this makes me question why I even show up on here anymore.

*sees Will Smith speak two lines in a trailer*

WHAT A NON-PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!1!

I hate shipping in general, mainly thanks to those Olicity shippers.

That was honestly cringeworthy to read, and i'm glad Ayer doesn't spend his free time on Tumblr like Guggenheim. :o

Would anyone think it'd be cool if the Batmobile had some sort of old-school escape vehicle that Batman can use if the main batmobile gets damaged/destroyed?

Something like this

qXg9dBS.gif

Well... Batman is not going to get too far in THAT. ;) Though I am sure Supes would let him go a few feet using "ab power" to make Bats feel good for a little.

Batman would have to be quite the beast to make it very far in that.

You could probably go faster with effortless jogging. What in the world is the purpose of that? :funny:

Other than exercising?

I think Batman would like to prove to Superman he can do anything including powering his own vehicles.

By farting?

His fart's would power the vehicle Trav. :funny:

I don't even want to imagine how sore Bruce would be if he used that contraption to get all the way back to Wayne Manor.

Exclusive footage of Batman narrowly escaping Superman's destruction of the Batmobile:

[YT]GeKe2mYgnPI[/YT]

:funny:
I'd love to try that part of the batmobile, I'd certainly prefer using that over the bike from The Dark Knight.

The symbol on the shield kind of resembles the star of Vergina.

:eek: Is Vergina pronounced like Vagina?

.....pardon?
onH7ZdY.gif

Well how else can it be pronounced? It's barely any difference in letters, and when you say vagina it's not really pronounced like vah but more like ver, so how is there any difference between what you wrote? What is this Vergina supposed to be that you speak of anyway?

Are you talking about the US state Virginia?

For Christ's sake Raven...

Anyway, it's an old Hellenic symbol, also known as Macedonian star tied to Phillip and Alexander the Great (or Alexander of Macedon) and was also used on modern Macedonia's flag in the past:

220px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_Macedonia_1992-1995.svg.png

Today's national flag of Macedonia uses different sun:

300px-Flag_of_Macedonia.svg.png

That's the reason why I said "ancient Greek" with quotation marks.

Vergina is a town in Greece.

If it's not the US state Virginia, than I have no idea what this Vergina is or who would give a name like that to something or someone.

:funny: Oh, classic Raven.

That's So Dark Raven!

1. The name of the Rose is horrible. What a dirty piece of navel lint it is.

2. The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover is dog crap (you know what I mean). It's simply amazing how this movie got so many good reviews. Someone should cook the director and serve him to the critics (joking, of course).

I've heard that the movie supposedly is an attack on Margaret Thatcher (wouldn't surprise me, British directors, comedians, writers and actors love to whine about the lady. Heck, people who didn't grow up under her whine. Even people not living in England whine! They should open a liquor store. All that "whine" could earn them a fortune) If that's the case, the director did a pretty bad job...well, he did.

3. The Perfect Storm is a boring and pointless movie. It's like watching a prequel, you know what's going to happen.

4. Steel (1997) is a badly acted and extremely cheesy movie. But who cares? The characters are likeable, the hero is a nice guy, it's classic good vs evil stuff. Harmless fun. Sometimes I think we should take stuff like that into consideration. It's not a masterpiece, but a nice movie to watch with bowl of popcorn and a couple of beers on the table.

I thought the movie was awesome when I first saw it as a kid (worry not, I didn't drink beer back then). I didn't know anything about Steel, or that it was based on a DC Comic. I didn't even know who Shaq was or how to pronounce his name (I think I called him "Shakku"). I knew about a game called Shaq-Fu, but what the heck was that? Was he a martial artist? I thought it was a RoboCop ripoff when I saw pictures of it, but in reality it was about a giant, black Batman on a budget. Of course I loved it.

5. Captain America (1990) is okay. I remember my reaction when I found out there was a Captain America movie "what? Is this real?". I was probably eleven or twelve years old. My parents taped it for me, but they spoiled every single thing from the movie before I saw it.

Even as a kid I noticed the low budget, but I didn't give a damn. I got to see Captain America punch badguys in the butt. Like Steel, it's just harmless stuff.

I have yet to see the Reb Brown movies, but I ordered those last week, so maybe I'll get them soon. Looks hilarious.

6. The Crow is really overrated. Not saying that it's terrible or anything, but it's not for everyone. Brandon Lee wasn't a very good actor, the "dead guy taking revenge" stuff had been done to death even back then...nice visuals, though. The scene with the burning crow symbol is amazing, and so is the music used during the scene.

Still better than the horrible comic. And let's not talk about the fourth movie...ugh.

7. Dragonheart is very good. Is that unpopular? Maybe the special effects are dated compared to movies like Jurassic World, Godzilla etc, but the dragon feels real anyway. I miss movies like this one.

8. The Wraith (Charlie Sheen) is bad, bad, bad. What a strange movie. It's like The Crow, only with "funny" scenes in it. Sometimes it feels like it's a comedy. And the race scenes are boring...see one race scene and then press fast forward on the rest. You won't miss anything at all. No tension at all.

9. Bubba Ho-Tep is nothing special.

10. White House Down aka Everybody Loves Obama is very bad.

The highlighted... The highlighted people. Shiva H. Vishnu... I know, it's from the unpopular film opinion thread but... I mean... Really?

The highlighted... The highlighted people. Shiva H. Vishnu... I know, it's from the unpopular film opinion thread but... I mean... Really?
I agree about the Crow movie being better than the comic.
I love the Publisher name; Kitchen Sink Comics.

I agree with some o his opinions.

"Perfect Storm" is meh. Dragonheart is enjoyable. "The Crow" is good, but Im not sure it would be as popular if Brandon hadnt tragically died while filming it . Thats the only thing about it that makes it iconic imo. So calling the film itself over rated isnt really wrong.

I cant speak about the other films cause Ive never watched them and dont care to.

I had the pleasure of banning rags favorite toy years ago... it felt... delicious... I nearly called the authorities with concerns of ... "Van Houten" type behavior.

Anyways... Leto is working for me now i saw a bit more... I still hate the damn teeth but a friend gave me a new viewpoint on it... I would really like to see some strong backstory with the Robin thing.

Considering my barometer for pathetic antics on this board was already at a level under dirt, this particular post comes as a surprise!

Why invoke my name if I wasn't a part of this discussion? Certainly when I'm talking about simple minded miscreants I don't bring up your name, I simply let the obvious comparisons lie where they may.

Years ago? You're still harboring something from "Years ago". Am I all you can think of? Am I truly /that/ interesting. When you hold a woman in your arms a night and attempt to ravish her is it my post you think of? Do you relieve your stress simply by backing me into a corner and invoking my name three times in the mirror hoping I'l show up this time and grant you the joy of my attention?

"Van Houten" type behavior? Did a quick wikipedia search help you bring up an obscure reference from dated pop culture that you felt would be...insulting? Cool? Make you king of the memes on SHH!? If so why stop there? What else can you pretend to surmise from a couple of interactions with me from years ago?

Do you have these post saved? Do you tape them to your wall and read them at night when you're lonely and searching for something to give you purpose among your twenty-thousand post?

Is Reek a Star Wars reference? If so you've managed to impress me, which amounts to single snowflake in a tundra of confused and (frankly) disturbed feelings I have for someone who randomly brings up a triumph his (or hers) "against" me and my "toy" years ago.

But most of all, the biggest, most burning question of all of this simply is

Who The Hell Are You?

You're name doesn't even ring a slight bell to me and most people who hate me leave a better impression. You're going to have to step your game up on here with hating me. There have been a few good men here who have done a better job.

A passing comment about years ago...frankly...that's just insulting.

I expect much better.

1/10.

Also
What a way to bring down the majesty of a great Queen song D.C.

Jeez.
dMjELE9.gif

lol Never change Raganork....or do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member