Wow! The NEW (Hype!) TiVo Can Do So Much! - Part 6

Eh, tastes differ.

Obvious is obvious ... you stated your thoughts, he stated his.

Only on SHH do you guys get so sensitive over words or opinion to the point of needing to restate “hey that’s like your opinion, man” ... stop being so soft.

Jesus we get into actual funny alpha dog fights in other boards I’m on without near this level of over sensitivity.

Most of you would get eaten alive.

Just like we have to imagine the character of Bruce Wayne being a Batman himself? :funny:

This logic is stupid af.

Take for instance these pictures. That suit looks goofy as ****.

But it’s the stunt suit.

Meaning, the real “hero” version of the suit isn’t really functional in REAL life. Thus, it’s all pretend.

Just like Chris Evans isn’t really a super soldier in real life and we have to make believe.

Or Tony Stark aka Robert Downey Jr isn’t actually wearing a super impractical advanced weaponized jet suit of armor.

:whatever:

Do you know how dumb that sounds, Guard?

It’s crazy, when I was 18 or 19 years old, I used to think you were smart on these boards.

I also have never understood your affinity for pot shots at the Nolan franchise. Yet I will see you bend over backwards to defend things much worse.

Is it because your script you used to let us read back in the day was just a poor man’s version of the Nolan brothers?

HPFkfd2hnuxJS.gif

Last edited:
See, this is why the Tivo thread can never disappear. Most of us would have missed that gem.

The guy registered in Jan, but talks about The Guard as if he’s been here awhile. Definitely sold himself out.

The guy registered in Jan, but talks about The Guard as if he’s been here awhile. Definitely sold himself out.

They are never bright about this stuff.

Then again... They are to a man obsessives that have no impulse control.

Shame that these people's compassion doesn't extend to the millions of Americans who can't even afford to get tested, and who are losing their jobs.

Why not donate some of their unearned money to the poor? Or better yet, just hole up in their mansions and be grateful that we don't storm them and bring them to the guillotine?

We need revolution. Not the bleating of millionaires happy to condemn their fellow citizens to death to preserve their wealth.

Son, I'm just gonna keep it real with ya. If you try and storm Gadot's mansion, I will personally drive down to your home, no stops, I will wear a diaper, knock on your door, gently push your mom out the way and comb your ''goth'' hair to one side and then pimp slap ya. Next time she sings something different, you say ''Thanks may we hear another.''

tumblr_pxho8ljcER1ugyuoto1_250.gif

SpeedyThoroughEel-size_restricted.gif

I loved The Clone Wars, but no:

TCW made me resent the OT. Dont get me wrong I still love ANH and ESB as films. But I resent the fact that Lucas made the OT first and wrote the story into a corner. The Republic and the Jedi Order and that whole universe was a ****ing massive and awesome scifi and fantasy world. I want to see that universe continue. I want to see Jedi Master Anakin and Obiwan and Ahsoka and Rex continuing to fight bad guys and go on adventures and grow old and die as warriors and heroes. But because Lucas made 3 films decades ago all this wonderful stuff has to end. It has to be wrecked. It's just so damn frustrating. And frankly I'd be entirely fine with Disney doing an Elseworld canon in which Sidious's plan failed, the Republic won the war, and Anakin never fell to the dark side.

And to be even more frank, I just dont think the OT and the ST era has turned out to be even half as interesting as the Republic era. The OT and ST just feels so small scale and underdeveloped. It's all stories happening on backwater unimportant worlds. Theres no Jedi Order. No deep exploration of the government or civilization. And the Rebellion and the Resistance just pale in comparison to the Grand Army of the Republic and its war against the Separatists.
mOYBPxP.gif

To be honest I wouldn't mind a alternate universe story with Sheev failing and Anakin never going darkside.
That's fine. TCW is tragedy after all about a group we learn to love, which is what makes it all hurt so much in the end. But the idea that the OT shouldn't have existed, as if we somehow get TCW after that is just downright nonsensical.

Last edited:
That's fine. But the idea that the OT shouldn't have existed, as if we somehow get TCW after that is just downright nonsensical.
I'm sure if we had time machines we could have gotten Lucas to make episodes 1-3 first with Mark Hamill as Anakin, Carrie Fisher as Padme, and Harrison Ford as Obi-Wan. 20 years later we would get Hayden as Luke, Natalie Portman as Leia, and Ewan as Han. Now that is an alternate universe.

I'm sure if we had time machines we could have gotten Lucas to make episodes 1-3 first with Mark Hamill as Anakin, Carrie Fisher as Padme, and Harrison Ford as Obi-Wan. 20 years later we would get Hayden as Luke, Natalie Portman as Leia, and Ewan as Han. Now that is an alternate universe.
Is Hayden still too short to be a Stormie? :o

To be honest I wouldn't mind a alternate universe story with Sheev failing and Anakin never going darkside.

The old EU used to have a line called I think "INFINITES" which was basically Dark Horse's WHAT IF...? for Star Wars. I don't know if they ever covered the idea of Anakin nevcr turning but that falls within what that series of comics was about. Like Leia having to find Yoda because Luke dies on Hoth, Leia is turned Sith and faces Luke during the Battle for Endor, that kind of stuff.

star-wars-infinities-the-empire-strikes-back.jpg

New-Hope-4.jpg

bG8fGcY.jpg

The old EU used to have a line called I think "INFINITES" which was basically Dark Horse's WHAT IF...? for Star Wars. I don't know if they ever covered the idea of Anakin nevcr turning but that falls within what that series of comics was about. Like Leia having to find Yoda because Luke dies on Hoth, Leia is turned Sith and faces Luke during the Battle for Endor, that kind of stuff.

star-wars-infinities-the-empire-strikes-back.jpg

New-Hope-4.jpg

bG8fGcY.jpg
Best thing about Infinites:

RVYw0N0.jpg

I loved The Clone Wars, but no:

mOYBPxP.gif
giphy.gif

That's fine. TCW is tragedy after all about a group we learn to love, which is what makes it all hurt so much in the end. But the idea that the OT shouldn't have existed, as if we somehow get TCW after that is just downright nonsensical.

I dont love TCW because it hurts so much in the end. I loved it for the characters, the world building, and the fun of it. I'd love it just as much if it had a happy ending.

And I dont understand why its nonsensical to resent that the OT backed the star wars franchise into a corner.

Also I think it's a little shortsighted to think that The Clone Wars and the Republic era material couldnt have existed without the OT existing. At least 90 % of the stuff in the Prequels and TCW and the Prequel EU material is original material created from scratch. It's not stuff that the OT established or detailed in any meaningful way.

giphy.gif

I dont love TCW because it hurts so much in the end. I loved it for the characters, the world building, and the fun of it. I'd love it just as much if it had a happy ending.

And I dont understand why its nonsensical to resent that the OT backed the star wars franchise into a corner.

Also I think it's a little shortsighted to think that The Clone Wars and the Republic era material couldnt have existed without the OT existing. At least 90 % of the stuff in the Prequels and TCW and the Prequel EU material is original material created from scratch. It's not stuff that the OT established or detailed in any meaningful way.
The OT is Star Wars. Star Wars doesn't exist without the OT. It is literally the inception of it all. Lucas made his money on the back of those films and all the toys they sold. It set out the storytelling and style that eventually led to the PT and then TCW. Losing money on every episode of TCW couldn't have happened without the OT, the storytelling of TCW couldn't of happened without the OT. The original "prequel era" idea was a completely different beast before the OT ever existed, and was at best a vague idea based on what the OT crafted. Anakin isn't Anakin without the OT. Sam for Obi-Wan, Yoda, Maul, the Senate, the Jedi, the GFFA as a whole, etc. We ended up with the PT era we did because it came two decades after the OT, with the ground work laid by the OT and different folk working on the PT era. That is before we get into the fact that the PT itself gives TCW it's ending. The tragedy was built in by the PT just as much as the OT. The clones are the way they are because of the tragedy the PT built for them. Same for Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc.

You can like whatever era you prefer. That's fine. But what you are describing is a literal impossibility. So basically you are saying you resent the only reason TCW exist in the first place. Snake, you created a time paradox!

Last edited:
Practicality of paying for the series aside, I think the inevitability of the situation is part of what makes the series work as well as it does. There's an underlying sense of dread to a lot of the character and relationship building, knowing things have to shake out within certain confines. Especially as the later seasons lean heavy on the echoing events to come. There's flexibility, but it's more in how it plays out. The machinations behind the war bring a lot to the table, but I feel like it's made much weightier by their success in this particular instance. And due to the way things came out, we do get to see some interesting different directions for characters as they move between different status quos. One of the good things about franchises like this is they'll end up returning to those various periods many times. Many, many times if the Mouse wants more money. But it wouldn't have come out the way it did without what came before, and I wouldn't want to trade what that brought to the table for a longer era. Even if the timeline really doesn't make much sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"