The Dark Knight WSS Game - Kansas City Coordination

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. It just seems like some of us were here trying to help those on the ground, and no one (except you) came back to check in on us.

Anyone want to post the cards they got? I'm interested in seeing them.

JOKER.jpg

Here's my recap of the event. I would have posted sooner, but the boards were impossible to navigate last night.

I got there around four or so, and met 4 or 5 of our brethren. We stood on that God-forsaken hill for a good hour, as our numbers increased slowly to about 75 or so, by my estimate. As 5:30 approached, a gentleman in a clown mask approached, giving us instructions on how the event was going to go down.

At this point, I decided that I would tell my internet cohort that I would not need his services, as there were a multitude of people with contacts who were willing to run everywhere. Given my corpulance, I decided running was not in my best interest and, thus, I did not need to be a clue receiver.

Big mistake.

We went to the first clue. By the time Preacher and I got there, the stairs were already being counted. Then, we moved along, with, unbeknownst to me due to not knowing the clues, the trees being counted along the way. Then, when the walkers finally reached the final clue, the branches on the tree statue were being counted.

Someone passed along the numbers to their internet cohort and...

EPIC FAIL!!!

One or more of the numbers was wrong. At this point, however, we found a second clown. There was much stirring amongst us goons, salivating at the prospect of seeing the trailer.

Turns out, however, that, in their excitement, the runners had counted the wrong stairs. We trekked back to the parking garage and counted the correct stairs. This number was passed along to the internet contacts and...

DOUBLE EPIC FAIL!!!

We had miscounted another one of the clues. We trekked back along the street and recounted the trees. We (and by "we" I mean the people who were running and counting) got the correct number. This number was relayed to the internet contact and then...

DELAYED SUCCESS!!!

We finally opened the safe. After standing in line to get our joker cards and raffle tickets, we headed to the theater, got wanded (because, y'know, pirating a three-minute trailer would be the end of the WB and DC), and watched the trailer. Some guy won the film cannister, and we left.

Overall, the joke was on the Joker, because I, along with many others, I'm sure, ended up with a serious case of Batwing.

As a tribute to my fellow Kansas City goons and doofuses throughout the world, I give you the following picture of us in inaction.

DSC08323.jpg

Here's my recap of the event. I would have posted sooner, but the boards were impossible to navigate last night.

I got there around four or so, and met 4 or 5 of our brethren. We stood on that God-forsaken hill for a good hour, as our numbers increased slowly to about 75 or so, by my estimate. As 5:30 approached, a gentleman in a clown mask approached, giving us instructions on how the event was going to go down.

At this point, I decided that I would tell my internet cohort that I would not need his services, as there were a multitude of people with contacts who were willing to run everywhere. Given my corpulance, I decided running was not in my best interest and, thus, I did not need to be a clue receiver.

Big mistake.

We went to the first clue. By the time Preacher and I got there, the stairs were already being counted. Then, we moved along, with, unbeknownst to me due to not knowing the clues, the trees being counted along the way. Then, when the walkers finally reached the final clue, the branches on the tree statue were being counted.

Someone passed along the numbers to their internet cohort and...

EPIC FAIL!!!

One or more of the numbers was wrong. At this point, however, we found a second clown. There was much stirring amongst us goons, salivating at the prospect of seeing the trailer.

Turns out, however, that, in their excitement, the runners had counted the wrong stairs. We trekked back to the parking garage and counted the correct stairs. This number was passed along to the internet contacts and...

DOUBLE EPIC FAIL!!!

We had miscounted another one of the clues. We trekked back along the street and recounted the trees. We (and by "we" I mean the people who were running and counting) got the correct number. This number was relayed to the internet contact and then...

DELAYED SUCCESS!!!

We finally opened the safe. After standing in line to get our joker cards and raffle tickets, we headed to the theater, got wanded (because, y'know, pirating a three-minute trailer would be the end of the WB and DC), and watched the trailer. Some guy won the film cannister, and we left.

Overall, the joke was on the Joker, because I, along with many others, I'm sure, ended up with a serious case of Batwing.

As a tribute to my fellow Kansas City goons and doofuses throughout the world, I give you the following picture of us in inaction.

DSC08323.jpg
LOL, great picture of the Kansas Prairie! Is that the little house over there? You guys did good, had a good time, and HAVE SEEN THE TRAILER!!!! We had a good time listening to you guys running around, had Dallas on the phone too, so between the cluster going on between the two sites it was a hoot!

I was there (guy in the green jacket, long hair)

Does anybody know where the pictures are or will be that the masked goons took? He took a lot of pictures and videos.

And to those complaining about people not staying together and running around too much. There is an old quote that may be in place here "no honor among theives" So what if we had to re trace, it was fun and we cause disruption, remember the confused people in front of hereford house?

In the end we got them and saw the trailer! Im just glad I ran ahead on the way back to the parking lot then me and a guy in a white shirt saw the second set of stairs and the quotes! yea we rock.:woot:

Yes...that was us in action. Standing in a field counting the straw. Poop, I want to see that pic made into one of those inspirational posters with Epic Fail written under it.

Corpulance, lol. I believe in the Law of Conservation of Mass - if someone somewhere loses some weight, someone else has to gain it. I'm just doing my part to uphold the law..............

Anyone else think it is about time to tie off the threads to this game and come back to a few common ones? I am getting tired of having to go to nine different threads just to see if anything new is developing and catch up with others experiences.

The only think i still really want to know, is where and when the pictures will be up from yesterday's event. the ones the goons were taking

Hey,

I was also there, and I cannot agree more fully with poopfoot's assessment of KC's success or lack thereof. I am alos wondering win the goons' pics wil be up, those will be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"