The Dark Knight WSS Game - Kansas City Coordination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lead:
Presidente2.jpg

wow, kansas, chicago, and dallas are really slow at getting the combos

Ah. I guess all that really matters is knowing where the final location is. I mean, I doubt there is communication telling the folks at the theatre whether the groups have solved the puzzle or not. The combination is only for our benefit anyway, I suppose....

There are supposed to go to the location in the safe to get their ticket

Yeah, but I imagine that they were probably able to ascertain the final location based on theatres that are close to the starting location. Afterall, its a large group of people, on foot...its not going to be that far away.

Does anyone know whats going on with KC?

From listening what was going on the phone while a friend was down there. KC crew could not get the combo right so finally someone from 42 just told them the combo and where to go. They had two lines. One line for Joker Cards one for raffle tickets. He then told them to go to theater to see trailer and to hold raffle ticket for giveaway after. Sorry for slow response I had to register and the site kept crashing but I figured you guys would want to know.

From listening what was going on the phone while a friend was down there. KC crew could not get the combo right so finally someone from 42 just told them the combo and where to go. They had two lines. One line for Joker Cards one for raffle tickets. He then told them to go to theater to see trailer and to hold raffle ticket for giveaway after. Sorry for slow response I had to register and the site kept crashing but I figured you guys would want to know.
Ah. Well, thanks for the heads up. Its appreciated.

Looks like our job as "online partners-in-crime" has been even more diminished than it was before. I'm happy for those that are there and seeing the trailer and such, I just wish those of us hoping to be more involved were getting more out of it.

Looks like our job as "online partners-in-crime" has been even more diminished than it was before. I'm happy for those that are there and seeing the trailer and such, I just wish those of us hoping to be more involved were getting more out of it.

Well, at least we were there for them if they needed it. I would do it again, even if there was no reward - I am glad someone is getting something out of it. I try to be a true fan and help others even when there is nothing in it for me, because someday I may need them to help me when there is not much in it for them. That is part of what America is about.

Of course the other part is the greedy part........

It's all somewhat stupid to be the online helper considering she asked for an extra Joker card for her online team mate and the guy was just like NOPE and that was that.

Well, at least we were there for them if they needed it. I would do it again, even if there was no reward - I am glad someone is getting something out of it. I try to be a true fan and help others even when there is nothing in it for me, because someday I may need them to help me when there is not much in it for them. That is part of what America is about.

Of course the other part is the greedy part........
Don't get me wrong, I knew that there was really not much chance for me to really "get anything" out of it, I was really just hoping that we'd get to be more involved in what was going on. They made a big deal about how they needed a friend with internet access to help them out, but when it came down to it, even without the trouble figuring out the clues to relay the combo, there wasn't much for us to do.

Imagine if you and a friend decided to take part in this, and one of you elected to stay home to help the other out, thinking you'd be able to equally take part in the game, only to find out that the guy that stayed home really didn't have much to do afterall.

I know, I know...I really shouldn't be *****ing about it. I really am happy for those that got to take part. I guess I'm just a little disappointed.

No way were there 190 people there, maybe 100.

We had to redo all the clues because there were a few guys leading the group. They were rushing so much that they didn't even read the full clue or think about it. The first one was "count the stairs between Aristotle and Einstein". A stairwell at a parking garage had quotes from famous people at each floor - but the guys leading just counted every stair in the whole thing instead. Then the second one was counting purple plants and that was tricky because there were some growing right next to each other that looked like one. And the third clue was just tough counting...kind of silly.

The two Joker henchmen eventually gave us the last two numbers and we lined up to all receive a Joker card and a raffle ticket. We then went to watch the three minute trailer, which was pretty dang cool. Lots of Joker and Harvey Dent. They confiscated everyone's phones/cameras and frisked us before going in so nobody got it on film. The one winner received the movie on actual film so it'll be tough for anybody to actually get it online, unless they have a way to get a hold of an actual movie project and digitize it. Totally worth it and lots of fun though - just wish they'd done KC in a cool downtown spot instead of a lame shopping area in the suburbs.

Does anyone else from KC care enough to come on and fill us in on the details? Don't leave us out in the cold!

Does anyone else from KC care enough to come on and fill us in on the details? Don't leave us out in the cold!

Krohde sumed it up pretty well. Stood in a field for awhile. Ran/walked around (a lot), everybody got confused on what to do. Stood in front of Herdferd House for awhile. Caused lots of traffic issues. Henchmen felt bad for us and helped us out. They gave us Joker cards, and we saw the 3 minute trailer. Someone won a copy of the trailer and we went home.

I was on the ground and it was pretty underwhelming. Our Joker Goon Guide preached staying together, but half the group sprinted off and then screwed the clues up so we had to redo everything. Oh well, got some sun and some exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman