WW Composer Thread

He may have scored bad movies, but his scores were never the problem. I see no reason why people should hold Green Lantern against him. Not to mention it's not like that's the only comic property he did and he can't do another, he did Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
Yep he did. I say bring him back into the fold and let him have a go at another inconic DC character.

Clint Mansell

[YT]i5Kwf_nNmGI[/YT]

:up:

One of my favorite film composers, if not THE favorite.

[YT]watch?v=vr0NBPRMe2E[/YT]

[YT]watch?v=DVM1JxBx2TA[/YT]

[YT]watch?v=BJZa3G2g-L0[/YT]

[YT]watch?v=ifZly0YiJgk[/YT]

Last edited:
They could just use any Two Steps From Hell soundtrack.

They are hnnnngh.

Check it:

[YT]ASj81daun5Q[/YT]

[YT]dJ-QLl5qjLg[/YT]

[YT]z28lwyQjuTY[/YT]

Last edited:
I know this is unlikely as he's probably busy, but I'd like Hans Zimmer to do it. I loved his MOS score. It was classically heroic, but still modern. He could probably accomplish the same for WW.

No.

I want someone else to do it. WW deserves a theme as iconic as Elfman's Batman and Williams' Superman themes.

Zimmer's sound is grinding my nerves. He did an okay job with Nolan's Batman scores (rehashed a LOT of material in TDK and TDKR) and I liked his Superman motif -- but he needs to take a rest from superheroes.

Give the gig to someone like Danny Elfman, James Newton Howard, Alan Silvestri, Alexandre Desplat, Michael Giacchino, John Powell... lots of talented composers out there.

I don't want Zimmer to score Wonder Woman but I'd take him over Alan Silvestri and Alexandre Desplat. Silvestri is a good composer but has done nothing interesting on the superhero front so far.

I wonder if they'll look for a woman composer. IIRC, that industry report showing areas where women are the least represented in the film biz, composing was one of the lowest percentages.

I don't want Zimmer to score Wonder Woman but I'd take him over Alan Silvestri and Alexandre Desplat. Silvestri is a good composer but has done nothing interesting on the superhero front so far.

If John Williams were still scoring films at the rate he was in the 1980s and 1990s, I'd recommend him for WW.

Johann Johansson who did the score for Prisoners and The Theory of Everything would be pretty good. Desplat is my first choice although he's doing the score for Rogue One which may mean he might be too busy but in 2014, he had like 5 films released which he scored, one admitfully was delayed from the previous year but still.

I'm surprised Michael Giacchino hasn't been approached to do a score for either DC or Marvel.

I'm surprised Michael Giacchino hasn't been approached to do a score for either DC or Marvel.

I think he'll do one in the future. I'm willing to bet that J.J. Abrams will get offered both after completing The Force Awakens, and he'll bring Giacchino along with him.

Christopher Drake would be fantastic.

I think he'll do one in the future. I'm willing to bet that J.J. Abrams will get offered both after completing The Force Awakens, and he'll bring Giacchino along with him.
I know some still can't get over his oddball Superman script for some reason (the film wasn't made, get over it) but I'd love it if Abrams directed a comic book film.

I know some still can't get over his oddball Superman script for some reason (the film wasn't made, get over it) but I'd love it if Abrams directed a comic book film.

JJ directing the Superman sequel would be a great get by WB's.

Next thing you know Superman's eye gets caught by the glare of all the lens flares and accidently crashes into a building = MoS2 :o

Yep he did. I say bring him back into the fold and let him have a go at another inconic DC character.
Yessss, I'd love to get a JNH Wonder Woman score. I think he'd knock that one outta the park.

I REALLY like the later Flyby draft (the one that nixed the Lex-as-Kryptonian idea, among other things), and honestly would have preferred that film over MoS, so I'd absolutely be on board with an Abrams Supes movie. As long as he didn't get his cronies to write it.

I would like Howard Shore to do the music for WW.
Or maybe the guys that did the score for Bloodborne.
[YT]d0-dsgHkWrg[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"