Sequels X-Men 1 Roster (MCU)

I'd introduce Storm in Black Panther 2 (2020), Rogue in Captain Marvel 2 (2021) and the original 5 X-Men in Spider-Man 3 headlined by Bobby who is a freshman at Peter's school (2021) by the time we get to the first X-Men movie, the roster looks like this

Cyclops
Marvel Girl
Storm
Iceman
Rogue (in the climax)
Jubilee/Kitty (in the climax)
Forge

The second class of X-Men. Scott, Ororo, Forge and Jean are older students doing College studies -- Hank has left the X-Men to intern at the Avengers facility and Warren left due to family issues. Rogue joins the team as the wildcard and Jubilee/Kitty sneaks into the Blackbird. So basically a hybrid of the various teams from the 60s to the 90s.

There are a handful of young teenage students residing at the X-Mansion:

- Kitty Pryde (initially called her original name: Sprite)
- Jubilation Lee
- Jonas Graymalkin
- Alani Ryan
- Anole
- Sooraya Qadir
- Hisako Ichiki

Mansion staff:

- Charles Xavier
- Ceclia Reyes
- Sean Cassidy
- Moira Mctaggart

The school has been around for 4 years come time for the X-Men's first film since mutants became public knowledge and parents are still hesitant to send their kids to the private school. It starts smaller and closer to the way it was before the Singer films popularized the idea of hundreds of kids attending Charles' school. By X3, the school would be much bigger and the X-Men roster as big as it was in the '91 relaunch. (Blue and Gold team)
1785524-blue_gold_x_men.jpg

The characters/cast is diverse. It should look like the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming. 1 or 2 token minorities like the Singer films does not cut it anymore. Diversity will be very important for the MCU going forward per Feige and the X-Men will certainly reflect this shift.

for the first, I'd like:
-Cyclops
-Storm
-Wolverine
-Nightcrawler
-Colossus
-Thunderbird
-Sunfire
with Jean, Bobby, Warren, Hank, Alex, and Lorna being supporting characters

then part 2 would have:
-Storm
-Wolverine
-Colossus
-Nightcrawler
-Kitty
-Rogue
-Gambit
-Bishop
-Psylocke

My guess is:

Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, iceman

I think the lineup that probably makes the most since is the original 90's animated series lineup: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Rogue, Wolverine and Gambit. Maybe add Sunfire and/or Forge for a bit more diversity to the roster.

Have Jubilee, Kitty, Iceman and maybe Colossus as supporting roles/students.

Part of me wants Scott, Jean and Storm to be 3 of the original X-men (add 2 more). But part of me also wants to have an original group in the first movie where in a sequel, a more International group a la Giant-sized X-men is recruited to rescue the first movie's team. I guess I'm saying I'm open to what Feige has cooked up. He's more than earned my trust.

Part of me wants Scott, Jean and Storm to be 3 of the original X-men (add 2 more). But part of me also wants to have an original group in the first movie where in a sequel, a more International group a la Giant-sized X-men is recruited to rescue the first movie's team. I guess I'm saying I'm open to what Feige has cooked up. He's more than earned my trust.
Storm would already be a part of the international component. As long as they have Cyclops, Jean and probably an experienced Beast, I think they can go more exotic for the rest if they choose. The good thing about all this is if I get none of the characters I want then the actual lineup could still be packed with my favourites as there are so many good high-ranking X-Men.

Fox completely botching the actual X-men for 19 years really was a blessing in disguise. Characters like Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, Angel, Bishop, STORM, CYCLOPS will be so new and fresh to General Audiences. Heck, even comic book Wolverine would be new to them. I am so ready.

Right there with you, I've beyond ready. Enough of this half-arsed crap we've been getting. Time to do some justice to these characters and use them for more than just name recognition only.

Fox completely botching the actual X-men for 19 years really was a blessing in disguise. Characters like Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, Angel, Bishop, STORM, CYCLOPS will be so new and fresh to General Audiences. Heck, even comic book Wolverine would be new to them. I am so ready.
Yeah they don't need to do anything crazy to feel different. Just doing many of the main characters well will already feel like a big change.

Right, the X-men are crazy enough as it is :funny:

Yeah they don't need to do anything crazy to feel different. Just doing many of the main characters well will already feel like a big change.
funny, sad and true at the same time.

A great and faithful Cyclops, Storm and Rogue will already feel epic and exciting for general audience.

if Feige and directors nail their personalities and strongest points, they will shine like never before and stand out easily.

funny, sad and true at the same time.

A great and faithful Cyclops, Storm and Rogue will already feel epic and exciting for general audience.

if Feige and directors nail their personalities and strongest points, they will shine like never before and stand out easily.
I think if they nailed all the main characters, with time, they could be as big as or even overtake the Avengers (not IW style whole-MCU movies, just regular Avengers films).

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Storm
Jubilee
Nightcrawler
Forge

Although, if they're all gonna be X-Men newbies, there's hardly a purpose to Jubilee so I'd switch her for Psylocke or Rogue (unless we save her for a grand entrance in the second movie as a Brotherhood member).

I like the idea of having a few cameos in other heroes' films like Black Panther 2, Fantastic Four, etc. leading up to a first X-Men film where they already have an established team. That was sort of the method they used for Black Panther and I think it worked very well. Also, one fledgling is good enough, as proven by X-Men 1, TAS, and Logan.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see a new Japanese Psylocke in this. Hopefully one that speaks Japanese and has ninja skills and isn't whitewashed!

Maybe some anime/manga influences for her action scenes??

I don’t know. I would rather see the super Saiyan stuff in a captain marvel movie, manga for big hero 6

Just make her look fierce In terms of power display, I want to see the Butterflies.

I think they need to explain her powers are mental next time.

The effects with marvel will probably be great too, at least once she decides to use them. Doesn’t she prefer physical combat? She gets a thrill out of it.

Last edited:
Simply put (and make Ice man GAY, for those who saw my opinion for why a gay Magneto could work great (explore the dark and inhumane side of America's past) - Eric could be like an older role model for Bobby which makes Eric's turn even more tragic for one of the characters) :

clean.jpg

I'm torn between O5/Giant Size Roster minus Wolverine, or go with TAS/Blue Team/Gold Team roster minus Wolverine. I'm not hating Wolverine at all, I feel he isn't needed from the beginning...

I do agree with AResistor on the point of making Iceman gay.

Did Iceman's outing catch in the comics? I know Colossus had a gay thing once but I think they dropped that. The one who's had the longest development in that area is Canadian superhero Northstar. That's who I've wanted to see be a gay superhero.

Another Canadian, Wolverine, should definitely make a comeback, as team member of course, not as the leader.

X-men Blue and X-Men Gold (not exactly as similar to the line up of the recent Gold/blue titles and the 90s line up), with Gold being the main stars of the first film then Blue for the second film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"