Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys...yes it's VERY early yet and they've not even begun filming. But what do you think the Worldwide Box office results will be for Apocalypse?

My guess, if we see the same growth as we did from First Class ($353 million WW) to DOFP ($749 million WW), it should hit $1 billion (and more than $250 million domestic).

Yeah, I don't think a Rothman X4 would've gone over better than Origins...

Deadpool B.O. + X-Men: Apocalypse B.O. = A nice year for 20th Century FoX... Expecting some announcements at X:A red carpet event.

Thank You Deadpool

Looking at twitter today alone there are quite alot of people saying they are excited for X-Men: Apocalypse

Well, at least it will result being surprised if it overperforms. Rather than having people being attacked for predicting an underperformance.

Most likely to be followed by numerous people on the internet complaining that those box office predictions are too high because [subjective anecdote/wish that the movie will fail].

So pedantic and dumb. They always disappear after the movie makes money though. I remember the people touting how DOFP wouldn't make more than X3...:dry:

People can be very passionate in box office discussions, I don't know why.

box office can still surprise people.who would have thought age of ultron would be less than avengers.or that jurassic world would be 2015 top film till star wars.or who
thought deadpool would be smash or how batman v superman did.many thought opening would be bigger than it was.Tracking for apocalypse will give us a ballpark idea how it's doing.

The proboxoffice prediction, especially if we compare it to their DOFP prediction, will give us a good idea, what we can expect financially from this movie. Let's hope for big numbers!

box office can still surprise people.who would have thought age of ultron would be less than avengers.
Most people, I think. The first movie was such a runaway success that it would have been quite difficult to top it.

I just hope it's over $100 Mil opening weekend. :(

I remember the people touting how DOFP wouldn't make more than X3...:dry:

Well technically (Domestically) it didn't ;)

Most people, I think. The first movie was such a runaway success that it would have been quite difficult to top it.

let's not rewrite history it clearly underperformed a lot of expections that people were saying at the time.I was one of few who thought it could do less
than first film.

let's not rewrite history it clearly underperformed a lot of expections that people were saying at the time.I was one of few who thought it could do less
than first film.
It's possible that it did less well than people expected. But if people really thought it was automatically going to do better than the first, that was unrealistic. Some movies are so successful that they basically can't be topped, irrespective of quality.

Unless you're James Cameron.

It's possible that it did less well than people expected. But if people really thought it was automatically going to do better than the first, that was unrealistic. Some movies are so successful that they basically can't be topped, irrespective of quality.

Unless you're James Cameron.

I agree but some don't realize even well regarded sequels can do less than
first film.

I would be more confident if another tentpole movie wasn't opening the same day.

I agree. It has a lot of competition for movie dollars. TMNT comes out the very next weekend and WarCraft after that (though the latter won't be huge, it can attract a lot of the same audience). Very tough scheduling and that'll make it difficult to throw up huge numbers I'm thinking.

The main thing is that the movie is good and keeps the trend going that started with FC and DoFP.

Everyone.
It is really hard to top the what was at the time 3rd highest grossing movie ever.

I think "almost impossible" are the words you're looking for. Does anyone believe that Avatar 2 will top the original? I don't.

EDIT: Actually it was the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time if you look at the initial release numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"