Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Awesome news. Its about time Apocalypse is brought to the big screen. I wonder if he'll have a cameo or mention in DOFP.

Wolverine as a Horseman? maybe that's how he gets his Adamantium claws back? Happened in the comics.

I'm both surprised and pleased about this news! I was a huge fan of the Apocalypse story in the X-Men animated series and have always wanted to see him in live action on the big screen where he should be terrifying!

YAY! I'm so happy!

God! Finally Apocalypse and just 2 years after DOFP!

Everybody's assuming that the movie will be an adaptation of Age of Apocalypse, but that strikes me as being very premature, as Singer and Co. have a plethora of stories to choose from.

I'm not assuming an adaptation of AOA, that would be too tricky and messy. But a X-Men film with Apocalypse as a villain, I imagined that a long time ago.

This is fantastic! More X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers, and a possible DC Cinematic Universe! Not to mention what else is going to surprise us in the coming years we are so spoiled as comic book and/or superhero fans!

Looks like Singer is directing this as well eh? Wonder if this means the original cast or FC cast or perhaps a possible second film mixing both casts?!

One question though. Why do articles always refer to Apocalypse as the first/oldest mutant, when Selene is far older? That always irks me.

On cloud goddam nine right now.

amazing.gif

I really think I might be the only person on the Hype that doesn't hate Fox.

It's trendy. For some reason people seem to feel liking any Marvel Comics film outside of the MCU is a betrayal somehow. When in fact Marvel wants it to do well. Why wouldn't they?

Part of me now wishes they would've saved her for the Apocalypse movie.

Her small part in this probably leads into that. Same with Bishop. I like that they get an introduction in DOFP.

Being a big fan of Stargate SG-1 I'd love Christopher Judge as Apocalypse because I'm biased. :awesome:

But I suppose he isn't much of a big name actor.

Keith David has both the physical and vocal 'stature' to pull off the role, so he'd be my pick.

Voice work for sure. I'm wondering if physical is going to be motion capture though.

Voice work for sure. I'm wondering if physical is going to be motion capture though.

That doesn't matter; Keith David can do both.

Manu Bennett is also someone who'd make a really good Apocalypse even if all he had to do was provide voice and motion capture work.

I'm not up to date so much on the fox Xmen world but would this be the first class crew going up against him or the original cast? I'm really hoping for the "new guys" with adding in new characters like Scott and jean and whatever rather than keep pumping out the old trilogy guys. Idk haha.

Question is, does it take place in the past? with the McAvoy/Fassbender x-men or the Patrick Stewart/Ian McKellan x-men?

Personally i think it would be better if they chose to continue this as the prequel McAvoy/Fassbender x-men.

Bryan Singer said there was a cameo of Apocalypse in days of future past but when you think about it, it kind of makes sense.

Old xavier's universe seems to be one of sentinals, he's gonna try and get young xavier to change his perspective so that sentinals needs to be stopped from happening, im guessing the outcome of the movie would see this changing the future, the future then changes of Age Of Apocaylpse. But there too far into the future to make a movie in that area. So basically you would want to know how the Age Of Apocaylpse began which would take you right back to McAvoy and Fassbender.

Plus this would need to be the crossing point where both x-men 1 and the first class x-men tie nicely together. How Xavier loses his hair, how cyclops, jean and storm joined the team... you know what i could almost see how this movie pieces together.

If Ben Foster comes back then Hell. Yes.

Even if he's recast, I want to see Angel betray the X-Men.

Granted, since this is the time to adapt X-Cutioner's Song, I also want to see Xavier get shot in the first scene.

There are a number of options available to them story-wise when it comes to this movie, and the 'era' in which it's set is more than likely going to depend on which story or stories they decide to draw on for inspiration and on exactly where things stand continuity-wise at the end of DoFP.

I personally think it's more organic for the overall universe of the franchise to draw on the story of X-Factor #6 and some of the other X-Factor stories he featured in as inspiration and use the FC cast, but we'll see what actually ends up happening.

I'm not up to date so much on the fox Xmen world but would this be the first class crew going up against him or the original cast? I'm really hoping for the "new guys" with adding in new characters like Scott and jean and whatever rather than keep pumping out the old trilogy guys. Idk haha.

The OT cast of course!

No. It's a new timeline for the present day. Use the OT cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"