Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Speaking for myself, as an X-Men fan, the past few years have been miserable. XMA ruined all the hope of change I got after DoFP, where they repeated all the mistakes I hated about this franchise. Then everything they announced about the sequel was a huge disappointment: Jumping to Dark Phoenix was a huge mistake. Bringing back Eric and Raven was a huge mistake. Having Kinberg to write and direct was a huge mistake. Everything they announced in the EW magazine, the leaked spoilers, the problems behind the scenes, the delays... it was all very disappointing.

Now the movie came out and it was a disaster. And now we're going to have to wait god knows how long until we see another X-Men movie.

I just wish this movie didn't exist.

Speaking for myself, as an X-Men fan, the past few years have been miserable. XMA ruined all the hope of change I got after DoFP, where they repeated all the mistakes I hated about this franchise. Then everything they announced about the sequel was a huge disappointment: Jumping to Dark Phoenix was a huge mistake. Bringing back Eric and Raven was a huge mistake. Having Kinberg to write and direct was a huge mistake. Everything they announced in the EW magazine, the leaked spoilers, the problems behind the scenes, the delays... it was all very disappointing.

Now the movie came out and it was a disaster. And now we're going to have to wait god knows how long until we see another X-Men movie.

I just wish this movie didn't exist.

Basically everything us true xmen fans said was going to happen , happened. It was the weird Trump supporting minded type that kept trying to tell people the Sky was green and not blue. Lmao

Uh, no, I won’t be excited or positive. I’ve given Kinberg more than enough chances. I didn’t call everyone else out; mainly just you for being needlessly negative, generally miserable and combative towards people who were trying to remain optimistic.
I mean the movie sucked, it bombed at the box office and was a total embarrassment to everyone involved. Considering I was right, was I really negative for nothing? Is hindsight 20/20?

I doubt that soon LOL maybe September or October. They probably want to put exclusive content on the blue ray.

Shazams blue ray came out pretty quickly after its theatrical run ended so who knows

I doubt that soon LOL maybe September or October. They probably want to put exclusive content on the blue ray.
Captain Marvel is already out in digital HD. Two months and a half after its original release.

And Dark PhoeniX is a flop, so eXpect it to be released in home media earlier than usual. They aren't gonna wait til September or October, because Disney would be releasing their hit movies (Toy Story 4/The Lion King) in those months. Aladdin would probably be released in digital hd at the end of August even if its still earning millions from theaters. Long story short, you don't need to wait 4 to 8 months for a movie (that was released in theaters) to be released in home media.

Well thankfully its not based in a Marvel Comics property or part of an established franchise. i won't be seeing it unless the trailer looks really cool.

Is this the Kinberg Official Thread now?

Any other writer and/or director whose movie bombed spectacularly and was eviscerated by critics like this, their exit would've been a foregone conclusion and announced a month ago.

Simon Kinberg is special. He gets Deadline puff pieces where his firing ("exit") is buried and is described as "coincidental."
Sources said that Kinberg could have, but decided not to make another deal with a major studio. Instead, he aligned with private backing — his camp wouldn’t be specific about the new backer — that sources said gives him ample overhead and more freedom because he is able to spread the projects he writes, produces and directs across town.
That's nice. lol

Any other writer and/or director whose movie bombed spectacularly and was eviscerated by critics like this, their exit would've been a foregone conclusion and announced a month ago.

Simon Kinberg is special. He gets Deadline puff pieces where his firing ("exit") is buried and is described as "coincidental."

That's nice. lol

Even though the exit comes on the heels of disappointing returns on the X-Men First Class film Dark Phoenix, the timing is coincidental. Kinberg had planned this exit for at least half a year, as Disney was making plans to take it over, with the X-Men franchise steered by Marvel impresario Kevin Feige...

....Kinberg closes up shop with an enviable Fox run: the 17 films he wrote, directed or produced generated nearly $7 billion in global box office, with a recent streak of having his name on Fox’s top grossing film of the calendar year five years in a row. He had been a creative backbone for some of the studio’s big scale pictures.

The entire 17 film run made less than the 4 Avengers films even though when X1 was being planned in the late 90s, X-Men were so much bigger than Avengers.

The entire 17 film run made less than the 4 Avengers films even though when X1 was being planned in the late 90s, X-Men were so much bigger than Avengers.
a testament to the evolution of filmmaking
first Marvel comic movie to do gangbusters (2nd highest grossing of all time behind Titanic)
and that was in the 90s...MiB

Even though the exit comes on the heels of disappointing returns on the X-Men First Class film Dark Phoenix, the timing is coincidental. Kinberg had planned this exit for at least half a year, as Disney was making plans to take it over, with the X-Men franchise steered by Marvel impresario Kevin Feige...

....Kinberg closes up shop with an enviable Fox run: the 17 films he wrote, directed or produced generated nearly $7 billion in global box office, with a recent streak of having his name on Fox’s top grossing film of the calendar year five years in a row. He had been a creative backbone for some of the studio’s big scale pictures.
So? You want him to write and direct your favourite IP go right ahead.

Seriously, how the hell does this man achieve this special treatment?? Does he pay to these sites or journalists?

What kind of dirty job does he use to do to get chances after chances without being fired? Its really crazy how this industry works

He, somehow, damaged f4 IP for good, and he did the same with the two latest xmen movies, leaving the IP in the ground too.
The fact that absolutely NONE from Fox execs ever realized he is the common factor is beyond my comprenssion

I wish the myth that Kinberg knew or cared about X-Men would die. I'm a little more forgiving of Singer because he could make a good movie. Kinberg on the other hand has two swings at the same story and missed the point both times, yet he's routinely treated by press as a font of X-Men knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"