Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
are u sure sure? I remember some photoshoots of her with short hair around that time. Even a shoot with Jimmy

Unless that shot of Hugh is from a reshoot, then Hugh used his real hair for X2. He did have a wig for reshoots though because he was shooting Van Helsing at the time.

my favorite is probably Mystique's deformed head in X-Men:Apocalypse because Lawrence seemed to have refused to cut her natural hair short under her wig. I couldn't find an image:

x-men-days-of-future-past-34.jpg

This is my favorite look:

tumblr_inline_o47atoATQd1ss1lam_500.gif

tenor.gif

There are pics of Jessica, Sophie, Tye, Jennifer, Halston, two blonde women next to Jessica, two males on top, one is similar to Brad pitt, and a few women with curly hair, no idea who they are. And on his First vídeo we can see some male and female wigs, one of them looking like Jeans double wig

It seems like a whole bunch of Raven hairstyles. Oy...

Never had a problem with any of the OT hairstyles or makeup. They all looked very good to me.

The new cast have been the ones who are more hit-or-miss with the hair and makeup, particularly in Apocalypse.

What happened to the "rumors" that this would have the biggest budget of the franchise? Lol.

This was never gonna get a higher budget than its predecessor especially Apocalypse underperformed, which is likely to happen for this film too.

I think it is quite interesting how the term "underperforming" is constantly brought up here again and again and FOX-executives nonetheless green-lighted the next X-Men movie in an instant and even will release more X-Men movies than ever before next year...is it possible that FOX disagrees about "X:A" underperforming so bady with $ 550.000.000 at the global box office? They adjusted the budget and kept going with a smile on their faces...

One of the execs actually confirmed publicly that they expected better, so yeah, they agreed. That doesnt mean the studio would stop doing sequels. All studios need to keep their franchises alive, but that wont change their feelings. As long as Fox get the budget back, a sequel will be made, but Fox is not stupid, they know the XMen potential is bigger than Xma numbers. We all know it

I think it is quite interesting how the term "underperforming" is constantly brought up here again and again and FOX-executives nonetheless green-lighted the next X-Men movie in an instant and even will release more X-Men movies than ever before next year...is it possible that FOX disagrees about "X:A" underperforming so bady with $ 550.000.000 at the global box office? They adjusted the budget and kept going with a smile on their faces...

exactly right.besides it's mostly those who want a reboot,or fox giving up and giving x-men to disney,which isn't happening,and some of reboot pleding camp want x-men to become deadpool supporting characters,at least before they started bashing deadpool for cable and domino appearances:cwink:

a true underperforming for fox was ailen covenant and now ailen franchise is in limbo.back in 2007 when second ff film did 130 million range when first film made 150ish million range it wentinto reboot planning.

some people keep telling us 24/7 how bad x-men films and apocalypse underperformed yet fox is doubling down on franchise with 3 films coming out in 2018 and more on drawing boards for 2019-2021.there were those who used to say oh fox wasn't going to do another x-men film anytime soon and they were wrong with dark phoenix.

One of the execs actually confirmed publicly that they expected better, so yeah, they agreed. That doesnt mean the studio would stop doing sequels. All studios need to keep their franchises alive, but that wont change their feelings. As long as Fox get the budget back, a sequel will be made, but Fox is not stupid, they know the XMen potential is bigger than Xma numbers. We all know it

I'm not so sure this argument makes sense because as far as I remember is X-Men not one of those tentpole franchises (the rights for merchandise are still with Disney). The X-Men franchise cannot make money with merchandise etc. The studio does need to get its budget back and makes mainly money from the box-office results.

I doubt that FOX would go on with a franchise if it does make a profit. Will we ever see Power Ranger II or a new Alien just to keep a franchise going? Normally the studio at least waits a few years...

Last edited:
Didnt understand one single point lol, no offense, trust me, but what is exactly the point you are trying to make?

I'm not so sure this argument makes sense because as far as I remember is X-Men not one of those tentpole franchises that can make money with merchandise etc. The studio does not need a budget back to make money but actually makes money from the box-office results.

I doubt that FOX would go on with a franchise if it does make a profit. Will we ever see Power Ranger II or a new Alien just to keep a franchise going? Normally the studio at least waits a few years...

noone at fox called apocalypse a disapppoitment.

with x-men it matters what films make not profits from toys which was real reason batman went in hituas after b & R was failure of toy line.

ww box office for apocalypse was higher than for fc or the wolverine and they both got sequels.bringing in sh'iar may be their equilvent to create attention as return of ot cast and sentinles and time travel was for dofp.

Didnt understand one single point lol, no offense, trust me, but what is exactly the point you are trying to make?

oh I'm sorry, I'm not a native speaker...

The point I was trying to make was that the X-Men franchise is purely making money from boxoffice and dvds sales. Normally these large blockbuster movies are tentpole movies where the boxoffice is only one very small amount of the larger revenues they are making. Some movies can be disappointments at the box-office but still make money from merchandise. I think the X-Men franchise does not have this luxury and dominantly relies on its box-office success...why should FOX go on with the franchise then if it does not make money for them?

Last edited:
Are you seriously telling me FOX didn't expect the sequel to DOFP to make more money for them?

Should we now expect the box office returns to decline with every movie, and spin that as a good thing?

This place sometimes...

Are you seriously telling me FOX didn't expect the sequel to DOFP to make more money for them?

Should we now expect the box office returns to decline with every movie, and spin that as a good thing?

This place sometimes...

I think we have different understandings of success. I just don't get the point that box office results have to increase and increase and increase...The franchise is still stable after 17 years. That's not a success?

I just don't think every franchise need to make 'Marvel money' to be considered a success.

Obviously, the results are still great enough that the movie studio goes on with the series. So what is the point to keep bringing up the same argument over and over again?

Yeah, they appear to have adjusted the budget......... downwards. So I'm questioning the smiles. If true, the belt tightening conveys concern about the BO for Apocalypse, which registered over a 20% drop from the preceding film in the franchise.

FOX is going to keep making mutant films, but there are legitimate concerns regarding the future of X-Men proper that should be discussed.

Since fox jumped straight into making the next one i dont get the sense fox are THAT concerned.

Obviously, the results are still great enough that the movie studio goes on with the series.
Just like the FF results are great enough that they're still going on with the series, with a solo film in the works?:yay:

Just like the FF results are great enough that they're still going on with the series, with a solo film in the works?:yay:

...how is this comparable exactly? Did the last Fantastic Four movie came out last year and they still went on with the same series with more or less the same creative team?

If FOX is smart they definitely go ahead and make a Doctor Doom solo movie. His solo comic book series is amazing stuff for a great solo movie.

...how is this comparable exactly? Did the last Fantastic Four movie came out last year and they still went on with the same series with more or less the same creative team?
The fact that they're still going on with the property in one way or another after a bomb so bad clearly proves greenlighting movies isn't a sign of a franchise in a healthy position in FOX's case.
If FOX is smart
...They would give it back to Marvel. Getting FF wrong three times in a row is bad enough.

...They would give it back to Marvel. Getting FF wrong three times in a row is bad enough.

oh I see, a marvel/disney zombie in the house...:whatever: sorry, but I don't understand how people can be fans for a movie studio. This is a neo-liberal consumer behavior I really don't get.

woooooork, Evan! :woot:
if only all the young X-Men had this body in the actual film, or even better, why not?
:oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back