X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvelrobbins Registered

poential dark phoenix information leaking and it looks like Kinberg is still a hack writer
    http://universoxmen.com.br/2017/10/fenix-negra-skrulls-estarao-no-filme/

this place got some details on apocalypse so they should be not dismissed.

this would defently explain why kinberg hired cameron's avatar dop for dark phoenix.

now there is reason to be worried.

2. Dr. Evil Registered

So what is the English translation?

3. Lip Registered

It comes from the same source that gave them some Apocalypse scoops

It basicaly says that there will be a scene set in front of an United Nations building where there will be groups protesting against and in favor of mutants. Charles, Eric, Jean and Scott will be there.

Then there will the an alien invasion, and Charles will freeze the civilians. It's said that the aliens are skrulls. Charles will also control some cops to fight against the skrulls. Both Charles and Scott will fight them too, but they're strong. Since they'll be caught up off guard, they won't be using uniforms. And the skrulls will be mocap.

Edit:

The site also some questions and possibilities. Will there be both Shi'ar and the Skrulls or the Skrulls will be replacing them. Is Fox using them because Marvel will be using them in Captain Marvel, just like they did with Quicksilver? Will Jessica Chastain, who said won't be playing Lilandra or the Phoenix Force, be playing someone like Veranke?

#978 Lip, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  4. marvelrobbins Registered

there is english translation on google but let me save you time.skrulls are
    replacing sh'iar.

they shot a scene at un with xavier,magneto,jean,and cyclops there with skrulls
    attacking.skrulls are cgi characters.it explans why kinberg hired cameron's avatar dop for dark phoenix.but again it justifys skeptism In Kinberg.

5. Lip Registered

By the way, it's the same source that revealed exactly how the opening scene from Apocalypse would be. So, it's trustworthy.

6. Frankeh Registered

So, no Shi'ar. Mutant/human conflict in a story that had nothing to do with it. And possibly not a space opera after all. Not to mention Jessica playing a C/D-list villain instead of Lilandra... I cannot comprehend why Kinberg would do that.

Praying this is a confusion and possibly this is where the movie starts instead of the X-Mansion (and the mutant/human conflict is just part of a scene), and its the Shi'ar instead of Skrulls, and the rest of the movie is set in space. But that might seem like wishful thinking now.

7. Lip Registered

According to that source, the aliens were "clearly identified" as the skrulls. According to them it's not a possibility. The aliens are the skrulls.

The protest could be "just there", but you have to remember Eric will be in the movie. So there might be a secondary story for him.

About the Skrulls, could it be a Quicksilve situation here? Because they'll be used in Captain Marvel too, right?

8. NotNickFury Registered

Well, we'll see. Whether valid or possible. Even if the Apocalypse news was accurate, this IS the same site that also claimed several New Mutants or Dark Phoenix characters would be in Deadpool 2, which Rhett Reese himself said wasn't true. So again, we'll see.

Either way, like all other news, all there is to do is wait.

9. Lip Registered

But was that their exclusive scoop? And most importantly, from the same source that gave the Apocalypse scoops?

10. marvelrobbins Registered

yep they got some details on apocalypse right so it's likely the truth.

i also don't see likely any connection with dark phoenix and captain marvel.
    fox and disney share skrulls just like quicksilver and scarlet witch.super skrull is outright solely to fox

Jessica Chastain is probally playing the skrull queen.

very possable this is alien invasion film with except for Chastain is mostly cgi
    characters.jean probaly loses control during third act which then film comes about saving her from herself.

11. Frankeh Registered

/dead at this. It's like Kinberg intentionally avoids the cool stuff about the story. I mean in what way was it not better (easier) to use Shi'ar instead of using the same villain in an upcoming Marvel movie and competing against them?

People will say "it worked for QS" but people were actually excited to see Shi'ar and I believe Singer or Hutch Parker even dropped hints at seeing them in a future. And Chastain as Lilandra too. Those were like the only buzzed things about this movie.

12. marvelrobbins Registered

it was always going to be set mostly on earth.now probally safe to say entirely on earth.

i anticapte first 2/3's of film alien invasion and last third is when jean loses control.

13. NotNickFury Registered

Okay, so folks are up in arms about the Skrulls being in the film. Fair enough.

Is there anything to indicate that the Shi'ar Empire is NOT in the film? After all, all the article does is speculate IF the Shi'ar are replacing the Skrulls, not that they are.

And the answer the question, the New Mutants/Dark Phoenix scoop was just reported by them based on a user online, but they did go with it.

14. Frankeh Registered

Yeah I had my doubts of it being a space opera but some people here put too much stock in what a moderator said. I totally buy the movie was pitched that way but it possibly transformed into something else when they realized they had less of a budget or something.

15. marvelrobbins Registered

I have my doudts we would have 2 aliens in films.

going with skrulls and not sh;iar is like snyder going with obscure character instead of darkseid in justice league.

16. x-er Registered

I liked what they did with legion, or LEGI:xmen:N

but I agree, they should keep "XMEN" in the main franchise installments

17. mclay18 Registered

Daniel Orlandi filled in for her. He's mostly done dramas and comedies (biggest title he's worked on is Jurassic World), this is his first comic-book film.

18. Smilodon Registered

That wasn’t Universo X-Men. That was another site iirc, and they were just reporting on the rumor.

Interesting, we kinda expected an alien attack at the UN, but not the Skrulls. Could be more of a secret invasion type thing vs an overt attack.

19. NotNickFury Registered

Seems to be their site, but all they're going off is the one Twitter user.

http://universoxmen.com.br/2017/07/personagens-fenix-negra-em-deadpool/

Also, mclay, Dark Phoenix would be Orlandi's second comic book film instead of his first, since he worked on Logan as well.

20. Lip Registered

Universo X-Men is a site about the X-Men, so they report stuff about the X-Men, rumours or not and they clarified if it's only rumours or not.

This is their exclusive scoop and came from that same source from Apocalypse. There is a huge difference that I'm sure you can see.

There is no way to know for certain, but it's coming from what proved to be a reliable source.

21. magneto23 Registered

Don't get it. Not saying changes can't work. But seriously why?

22. SumT Registered

quite a few people on here have sources too, so I dont understand why some users have a hard time believing people can have a source.
    havent any of you ever talked to at least one of the actors by pm? a lot of the creative team/crew have social media, so....

23. GuestStar2004 Registered

To be fair we also heard genoshia is in the film which rumour suggests may be a cross between genoshia and asteroid M so it may not be fully Earth based.

And if it's true that it's a 2 part story perhaps there is a reason for that? It didn't seem like Jessica filmed very long for her part after all.

it was always a little unlikely to be a space opera when he concept of aliens and space has not been introduced before.

Whether it's true or not i suspect there is abit too it then meets the eye. Perhaps it's not replacing but introducing and setting up the concept.

#998 GuestStar2004, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  24. Zarex Registered

I doubt the Skrull rumor is accurate. That alien race is part of the FF contract and there's been absolutely no indication that FOX can merge their FF and X-Men licensing agreements.

25. Ryan1210 Registered

I thought they wanted a crossover between X-Men & F4 before the later is released?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.