X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by marvelrobbins, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

thats a pretty great idea.
    I agree that they dont neccesary have to be family, just to adress the idea that they could be family seems pretty fine to me.
    To have a scene where Erik feels she could be related to his family seems like a really interesting scene for movie universe. He has been alone for his WHOLE life, so it would be a great scene. It would show the human side of Erik and how he needs someone close to him like all of us.

we cant deny its a great concept and it would be a smart move by the creative team.

2. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Not introducing Polaris as Magneto's daughter is going to be easier to pull off. They don't have to explain why Magneto suddenly has a daughter in a X-Men movie and it won't be another factor in the movie especially if they are introducing Polaris on DOFP.

3. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

as I said, psylock, they dont need to adress it in Dofp.

They can just introduce the character and adress the idea of it later in the series.

I can understand if some fans arent interested in the character, but it can be done nicely without rushing it. Thats all Xmanic and me are discussing. ;)

4. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

My guess as to how the timelines will work is that Magneto and the Brotherhood kill a major public figure in the 1960s on camera which leads humans to flip out and build sentinels. This creates an alternate post apocalyptic Days Of Future Past timeline that runs parallel to the X-Men Trilogy.

Pervious characters from the X-Men Trilogy timeline are different from those of the DOFP timeline so the ones that died or were depowered could still come back.

5. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

I think there's a strong possibility of that as well. I also think that changing the past may create another new timeline, so as not to be restricted by the events of the original trilogy.

6. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Yep the classic the back to the future 2 approach.

The Days Of The Future Past timeline is the equivalent of Biff getting the sports almanac marrying Lorraine McFly, Killing George McFly and getting rich :woot:

7. Omer Syed

Omer Syed Member

Why did Mathew Vaughn back out?

First Class is not perfect, but Vaughn's direction was the best thing about it, the 1960's setting in particular

8. Nightmare

Nightmare "Kill Them All"

He backed out to do star wars episode VII :cwink:

There's so much potential for this film. I want a 2parter or a 3 hour movie!

9. Superhero 101

Does anyone else think that the Pacific Rim Blueprint of that Giant Robot would make a good Sentinel?

10. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought so too, besides the head I liked it more then the X2 Sentinel design. Mix the two designs together and youd have a pretty sick Sentinel.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

What type of role will Wolverine have in the movie? Will Jackman want to return to play Wolverine again in a major X-Men movie or just want to stick with the solo flicks now?

12. spidermanJLA!~

spidermanJLA!~ SUPERHERO

With the returning actors I definitely think we'll be getting the best of both worlds. I wonder what the end universe will be?

13. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I think at the least most are assuming we will see him shredding Sentinels in the future. Since hes one of the only characters in the comic still alive during the storyline it would kind of suck not to bring him back. Im sure he will return in some form.

14. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

How will this change anything? X-Men First Class was a prequel...Magneto and the brotherhood are part of the timeline...

How is this at all like what you're suggesting above? Young Biff received that item from his future self...so a time traveler changed the past.

Are you saying future Magneto will travel back to the 60's and tell young Magneto that it's a good idea to kill a public figure on tv?

In X2 after the assassination attempt on the president Cyclops right away accused Magneto. Charles responded saying that although Magneto would be capable of the act he would know that the assassination would hurt his cause...

15. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

I hope this film is used to retcon the awful X3, in particular Cyclop's death at Jean's hands and hers at Wolverine's

16. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

This film Isn't going to dwell on other films especilly calling attention to the Last Stand
    a film It's unlikely Bryan Singer will want to call attention to.

17. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

If they are using the same characters then I don't see how the original trilogy won't be touched up on at all, unless they are saying its a completely different universe which I don't think is the case

18. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

DOFP is a major X-Men film and I think he will return for this movie. He will probably travel to the past to save the future.

19. marvelrobbins

The only films Bryan Singer will reference will be X-Men,X2,and first Class.The Last stand won't be referenced.The actors In future will almost certinly be ones only used In X-Men and X2 not any only used for Last Stand.

20. Cherry

Cherry Well-Known Member

You keep saying that, but none of us know for sure.

21. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

maybe he is Bryan Singer's brother. Who knows?

:funny:

22. marvelrobbins

If you are up on Bryan Singer's work It's fairly obvious he's going to only reference past X_Men films he likes(read ones he directed or produced) with Days of future Past.

23. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

he is just the director, he is working for a big studio like FOX, and they have a plan now, and a creative consultan on Mark Millar.

So it isnt about what Singer wants to do, but what ALL the team wants to do since now with the franchise.

Things have changed since year 2000.

24. Cherry

Cherry Well-Known Member

And I couldn't be more excited. I'm very interested to see Millar/Fox's new approach to the future of the X-franchise and how Fantastic Four may be involved. I'm tired of all these prequels and reboots in superhero movies -- so glad X-Men is seeing progression once more.

25. Nightmare

Nightmare "Kill Them All"

What are everyone's thoughts on the prospect of seeing giant sentinels in the movie?